13,716 results
All reviews french restaurant mar y tierra emerald suite don miguel main pool the lazy river pool privilege package breakfast and lunch room service silver suites two swim up bars the french onion soup sports bar coors light sushi bar other resorts michael jackson show
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food and alcohol were great. We never had to wait to get in the restaurants, despite there were 7 of us. Loved all of them. We had Mexican, French, Indonesian, Japanese, Italian, and steak at the beach restaurant. Nothing was ever crowded.Pool was wonderful. We did the water cycling, the pool yoga and a Zumba class. They even had a foam party in the pool the afternoon of NYE.The bike tour and was fun. We were at the beach the first day and rented two of those Bali beds. It was windy and the waves were pretty big so we ended up at the pool every day for the rest of the time. The rooms were lovely. Ours was in bldg 5 easy from the room to the pool, restaurant and beach. We enjoyed the live music and had a great time playing pool and Jenna at the sports bar. NYE was wonderful. We saw a fire show down by the beach. A great extra touch! We found it wonderfully quiet and never crowded. The staff and service were top notch. All in all super fantastic!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank lisamn2016
VALENTIN C, Guest Relations Manager at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us as the hosts of your recent stay. It is really pleasant to hear that our original architecture and design, as well as our services, had such a positive impact on the overall enjoyment of your stay.

We truly appreciate the time you invested not only in sharing your detailed experience but also for taking the time to recognize each colleague that made your stay extra special. Rest assured we will share your kind comments with them all.

It's great to know as well that you were able to enjoy the great majority of our culinary experiences. We will share your review with those involved in your service, whom I'm sure will be truly motivated by your words.

We will be looking forward to being the hosts of your vacation once again. Should you require any assistance to plan your next vacation with us, do not hesitate to let us know. We are always available for you!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel, highly recommend it.. from the time you arrive they made us feel like a queen and king. Property is very clean, room is clean and spacious. Did the couples dinner which was really good. The French restaurant and hibachi were my favorite restaurants. We stayed at a golden suite and it was perfect close to pool and beach

Room tip: we Had the golden suite and it was perfect
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Happiness20991490162
VALENTIN C, Guest Relations Manager at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We are delighted to know your experience at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya was truly special and memorable. It's very rewarding to know that all the special items and small details we have throughout the property.

Rest assured that we remain at your entire service and disposal, should you want to come back to our resort please do not hesitate to contact us, ascertain that we would be thrilled to cater to your every need once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I believe this is somewhere between the eighth and tenth time we have been to VIM. We once loved it so much we returned several months later. This resort has become a second home to us. We are currently celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary (tomorrow in fact). We have been at all times of the year and stayed at all levels of the resort's booking structure. This resort is the benchmark for all other vacations that we take. The fact that we are here now should tell you something. Our only complaint at the resort has been the behavior of some guests, never the staff. I am going to leave it at that. We are on the patio watching the sea right now. I love Mexico. I love Mexican people and I love Mexican food. I love this resort. I love Coatimundi. I love Chachalaca. Boom Chachalaca.

Room tip: all rooms have benefits. get the best you can afford. Golden will suffice for most.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank K R

Dear repeat guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your 10th stay at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya. It was a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel and we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay.

We will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team who will be delighted to know they could play a part in ensuring your stay was a memorable one.

We are glad you enjoyed the French restaurant and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What makes this resort great is their quality and pride in food, beverage and service.
We had just one issue with the smoking policy. While at the pool we had a couple light up cigarettes. I got my daily program paper and showed them where it says "no smoking in and around the pool". They told me it it was fine to smoke there because the beverage service person would bring them a ash tray upon request.
I looked for the concierge and found a newly hired assistant at his hut who clearly didn't know the policy. He said he would ask the manager concierge Miguel and would get back to me. I told him where we were at the pool. Every time we went into the pool these smokers would light up again. An hour later I went again and found Miguel on my own.
He clearly agreed that there is no smoking or eating in or around the pool. By that time the smokers had left.
Please get together with the bar service manager and bring him up to date about the smoking and eating policy. He can let his cocktail servers know, at the daily morning service meeting,it's not allowed to provide ashtrays around the pool.
I would enjoy my pool time doing what I like and not being the pool man police.
See you again. Thanks to the entire staff for making our Christmas and New Year so special.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank gouvernourny

Dear repeat guest,

Thank you very much for your review following your 03rd stay at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya. It was a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel and we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I visited the Valentin for the second time on January 6-12. We booked the Valentin because we had stayed 18 months prior and loved this resort. We have been to nice all inclusive resorts all over the Caribbean and Mexico, but the Valentin is #1. I also manage an award winning hotel in Missouri, so I have high expectations when I travel. My husband and I are so impressed by the service, the food, and the beautiful grounds. We knew we would be happy at the Valentin, and we were.The first time we visited, we were there for 8 days and never once went to the Don Miguel bar. This time, we did, and wow! I looked forward to going there every evening for fancy, and wonderful, martinis! I was so impressed! The food and drinks here are great.
Every staff member we encountered was fantastic, but I would like to give a special shout out to the ones who really stood out. Sindia at check in was wonderful and got us into a nice room in a timely manner with amazing customer service. We looked forward to breakfast with Elsi every morning at Mar and Tierra. She is a joy to talk to and is always smiling. We even sat in her section several times for lunch too. Victor and Humberto at the pool bar were fantastic! We really enjoyed talking to them each day, and of course their drinks were wonderful! It made our afternoons so great! Finally, the entertainment staff- Sexy Kristina, Juicy Julian, and unfortunately I cannot remember the others' names, but they were all great. I am a yogi and absolutely loved the Aqua Force class and attended it every day. It was so fun and an experience I'll never forget. The entertainment staff were all so enthusiastic and really worked hard all day to ensure that guests got involved and had fun!
All in all, this trip was definitely one of our best. So many memories were made and we are already dreaming of our next trip to the Valentin. Any time we go to Mexico, we won't look anywhere but the Valentin, because nothing else can compare! Keep up the AMAZING work!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica H

Dear repeat guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am delighted you left with fond memories of your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again very soon.