“Average but slow”
Review of Callahan Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Walnut Ridge
Callahan Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Walnut Ridge
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel a few years ago and it wasn't too bad. When I tried to book a room for the Memorial holiday, I guess I woke the gal up and she said she'd call me back. She never did and by the time I called HER back, the motel was already booked! Thanks SO much for that.

Room Tip: Callthis one EARLY. And make sure ou don't call too early and wake mama up!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yeah R

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here while dropping some relatives off at the train station. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the price was right. It is an older motel with older fixtures, but is well cared for.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Robby L
Reviewed 14 October 2012

You get what you pay for with this motel. I paid $44.00 for one night, had clean sheets, a hot shower and a comfortable mattress. However, I did not want to walk on the carpet in my bare feet, there were three dirty cups on the dresser by the t.v. I pulled the dresser out to get to the outlet so I could charge my cell phone and it looked like it had not been cleaned for years because it was dusty and dirty and dirty cups on the floor. The bathroom was rustic to say the least. I elected not to sit on the plastic chair which looked like vintage 1955. I thought the service inconvenient, as I went to the office and there was a note on the door to go across the parking lot to the back door of the house, after ringing the door bell, I waited for awhile, finally a lady came to the door, I paid, then had to go back, as she had not given me the pass word for wifi.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank travelbug025
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Decided to try this motel as I was traveling in the Walnut Ridge area. As the other reviews stated, it is an older motor hotel, one story brick, with about 12 units. One of the nice ladies came out and asked if I wanted a room, but said I would have to wait awhile as she needed to clean it. I paid the $38? dollars and was given a key. I came back about 3 hours later and found the room clean and fresh smelling. The furniture was an unusual collection of older pieces but the queen bed was comfortable enough for a full nights rest. A gas space heater on the wall kept the room warm enough and the tiny bathroom was clean and had plenty of hot water. In all, very clean, fairly comfortable, and very quiet. For travelers on a tight budget who need to stay in the Walnut Ridge area, this motel will take care of you.

Room Tip: Call ahead for reservation
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank texasrepublichistory
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed in this little motel while visiting family in Hoxie. It was an experience! We arrived around 5pm. A note on the office door said to go to the house across the parking lot. On the side door there was a note that said to go to the back door. After ringing the bell an older lady opened the door about 2 inches and asked me if we would like a room. She said it would be 36 dollars which I handed to her through the crack and she handed me a key, telling me to leave it on the dresser. That was it! Sweet and simple and I was a little apprehensive considering the horrible hotel we had stayed at the night before. We were suprised to find the room was clean, smelled nice and had the air conditioning on so it was nice and cool. The room was like a cottage bedroom and the bathroom was very tiny with just a shower. But it was cute! I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area and just needed a place to sleep. There are several places to eat close by!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Laura83161
Reviewed 25 May 2009

if your in North East Arkansas, cheap and clean is part of your travel plans, and perhaps a dog is with you, search no more. word of mouth sent me here and its location was convenient to a brief trip to Jonesboro Arkansas. We we able to stay in the small town of Walnut Ridge, off the main interstate in a simple clean motor hotel at a fraction of the cost of the others in the area. I called the owner ahead of time to confirm our dog would be welcome (slept in crate) and felt like I was talking to family. The town was the kind of place you can leave your car unlocked, walk at night, and enjoy the quiet.
One must understand this is not the Ritz, but a vintage Motor Hotel. things are old and not perfect, but my extensive traveling on an extreme budget, this is the best Motel of its class I have ever stayed in. I like clean and this is - everything was clean- My Mom would stay here.
I hope you will give it a try.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
22  Thank cottergarage

Been to Callahan Hotel? Share your experiences!