2,036 results
All reviews vino vino sugar cane burger restaurant swim up room premium section lighthouse restaurant premium room adult only areas premium guests swim up bar papaya bar punta cana golf buggy tui rep fantastic holiday booking restaurants bali beds
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at SENSATORI for two weeks with my wife. First impressions of the hotel were amazing! And it is....but when you scratch the surface you do see some imperfections that you don’t find at other karrisma hotels that we have stayed at.

Check in:
Very friendly staff and so quick to check us in. The room keys are smart and resemble a fit bit band. We paid for a swim up adults room and were upgraded to a premium swim up as we were on our honeymoon.

Room:
The room as the rest of the hotel is very clean and tidy, immaculate in fact. Very good AC, huge comfy bed, loads of space for clothes etc! The mini bar is restocked but we found this wasn’t done every day. Room service is brilliant and always arrived hot and within a good time.

Restaurants:
You have to book a number of restaurants and getting a good time to eat is hard. However my wife and I can’t understand why you have to book as most the restaurants had more empty tables than tables being used? The services and quality of the food at each restaurant does vary a lot! Space walker and light house is BRILLIANT! The Italian restaurant the food was lovely but the service in there could do with improvements (Waited 15 mins for drinks etc). wok wok, didn’t like it at all the food was terrible and after our second visit we walked out after our starters. The burger restaurant is ok, I found the burgers to be a little dry but a good chilled night. Sugarcane (buffet) the choice of food is amazing but again the service let’s it down, you order drinks and they never arrive. Kitchen 23, we never had dinner there as we could never get a reservation in the two weeks we were there! The beach party is a must and the food there is brilliant!

Bars:
We mostly stayed at the swim up bar (Papaya) by our room and Wander the bar man is BRILLIANT attentive, brilliant drinks and very friendly. Didn’t use many of the other bars apart from Vino Vino which is a lovely bar but no atmosphere. One note, the hotel can be tight on branded drinks. One day at the pool bar a group of 8 were all drinking Gin and when the branded Gin had run out, the bar man asked for more to be delivered to the bar but the hotel refused and brought the local gin. Not what you expect from a hotel of this quality.

Entertainment:
This is a bit of a let down if I’m honest. The entertainment staff work hard but it’s the same schedule each week so once you have seen it in the first week, it’s the same the following week. The Tui entertainment staff are brilliant! Some in particulate are very talented singers and musicians. But it’s not very lively, this is a family hotel and I understand it can’t get to mad, but a little more life into the entertainment is needed.

Tui trips:
We did the outback and beyond tour and it’s was a fab day! Could not fault it at all and 100% worth the money! However we also did the pearl beach club trip which is new this year. I wouldn’t waste your money it’s was terrible. The boat trip there was lovely, however there is a foul smell on the beach we we later found out was the dead fish caught up in the seaweed! Then your asked to have your lunch once you have been breathing it in! No thanks! The food was..... well I wouldn’t feed it to my dog! My wife’s stake was very very well done and dry! I had lobster which was actually off and the mean was black rather than white! We later found out that lobster shouldn’t be available between March and June due to a ban on the island. So it’s clear my lobster wasn’t fresh! $260US down the pan!

The Spa:
brilliant! My wife and I had a body scrub and a couple massage and it was fab. Bit over priced but we both enjoyed it.

Be warned as the battery on our safe ran out on our last night, I called reception to ask for the battery to be replaced so I could lock it. However this wasn’t done. The next day I found that The $40 exit tax we had put aside in the safe with the passports had been taken!

Overall a lovely holiday, but there needs to be some vast improvements from a service perspective. We did find that the US guests got a better service, probably because they tip more but when you pay what you do from in the U.K. you expect the same service and don’t expect to be made to wait just because we don’t tip as must as other nationalities. This is a newish hotel and it does have the potential to be a very good hotel. I think in a few years time this will be a good hotel to visit. But for now I don’t think my wife and I will be in a hurry to come back, considering we know the service we will get at other Karisma hotels.

3  Thank tompower87
KarismaHotelsResorts, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sensatori Resort Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you very much for providing us with your honest review, tompower87.

We are sincerely glad to know you decided to visit us for your vacations. While we are glad to know you did enjoy the time while with us, we are saddened to learn we were not able to fully exceed your expectations. You may rest assured your comments have been shared with the involved departments for the corrective measures to be implemented right away.

We hope to have the chance of hosting you once more in our property.

Truly yours,
Sensatori Punta Cana´s team.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend for 2 weeks, the hotel is amazing with friendly staff and very clean facilities. The pool is good and you can easily get sun beds without getting up early to ‘reserve’ them.
However, you have to book restaurants which is such a pain and takes up some of you day just so you can get in a restaurant in the evening. You have to book in a gazebo and every time we went in they made out it was impossible for us to get a table that night or the night after. We booked for a restaurant and he told us to go back later to pick up our confirmarion (another pain), we went back to get it and he had put our room number in wrong so had to re-do the booking and we had to wait for the confirmation. We went to book another restaurant on a separate occasion and asked for 7:45 which he agreed. We went back for our confirmation to find out he’d booked us in at 5:30!! We also went to space walker and our booking wasn’t on the sheet and they said they couldn’t get us in as it was full but we sat for a drink in the square and could see from 7-8:30 all the tables outside were empty.

We didn’t book in the gazebo after this and just did it through the TUI reps. The restaurants always make out they are busy but there are always tables available.

The food is very good but the effort you go through for it is very annoying and much easier to go to the buffet where they have different themes each night.

The hotel is very good and couldn’t complain about anything else.

Just prepare to take some time out of your day to book restaurants and expect them to be wrong.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for providing us with your honest review, xcharliemx.

We hope to have the chance of hosting you once more in our property.

Truly yours,
Sensatori Punta Cana´s team.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The resort is very well maintained and immaculately clean throughout. I'm very picky about hygiene standards and I had no cause for concern whatsoever.

We had a swim up room (awesome) which is modern and tastefully decorated with useful details such as USB charging points, which we hadn't expected. You can also call UK landlines for free from your room which is a very thoughtful and useful touch. The bed was mahoosive and so comfortable, we miss it still!

The food is excellent, so much choice and lots of information available on ingredients/allergens and ample choice for vegetarians. Drinks are plentiful and use quality brands. Better house wine that you'd get in the UK. Presidente, the native Dominican beer is really good.

The pools are really big and very clean, fresh towels are always available. The daily aquarobics classes were fun, and I also went to some of the yoga and stretching classes which were really nice to do.

The spa is a real gem, its a shame that you cant see the interior from outside as its beautiful and the hydrotherapy pools are blissful. We both had lovely massages and I would definitely recommend fitting a treatment in, there are lots of offers available.

The beach is idyllic and there was plenty of room for all on the array of loungers and bali beds. The atlantic sea is a bit choppy, but quite a lot of fun if you don't mind a bit of rough and tumble in the surf, just don't expect to channel your inner Bo Derek. The water is clean, there was some seaweed but that didn't stop us having a cooling dip every day.

The only niggles we had were due to the behaviour of a minority of other guests who left their rubbish on the beach and played their naff music too loudly but this was not at all the hotels fault. Some people are just unclassy!

The staff are awesome - unstintingly hardworking and pleasant - without exception. If I could thank each member of the unseen army keeping this place going 24/7, I would. All I can do is list the standout individuals that we happened to meet, and I have done so at the end of this review (and I hope the management takes note!).

In summary, we loved loved loved it and were sad to leave. Would definitely recommend, hope to return and also intend to try other Sensatoi resorts

Our humble thanks again to ALL the truly excellent and gracious staff, and in particular:

Elizabeth, our concierge
Filiph from Sugarcane,
Santa S from Sugarcane
Elvis from the burger restaurant
Wander in the Italian
Beethoven at the bar
Franciso at the Jazmin bar
Juan at the spa
Denis
Reuben
Liliana at the pop up bar
Maria at the pop up bar
Jose the singing omelette man!
Rafika and Gavin from the fitness team

You made our holiday really special :-)

Room Tip: get a swim up room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rhendjifmfmf

Dear Rhendjifmfmf,

Thank you for your kind comments. We will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We are always pleased to be your second home when you're at the area.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing two weeks of sun, staff are really friendly, location is beautiful and nothing is ever too much for the butlers etc... special mention to Franky, he made the holiday... never ending of supplies of cocktails and water for the poolside, no matter the heat or how busy he was it was never an issue... always smiling and always friendly just a lovely lovely guy who makes you feel like royalty! Thank you franky! Xx

2  Thank Laura S

Dear Laura S,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My Husband & I left this amazing hotel last Thursday. We were there for two weeks & after a couple of problems in our room on the first night (which I must say was sorted quickly the next morning) & did not stop us from having a great holiday.
Frankie who was our pool barman was out of this world he looked after everyone & always had a massive smile on face whatever the time of day. he made my holiday extra special - Thank You Frankie
All the restaurants were really good, we did not try K23 as we were happy with all the other restaurants.

We made some lovely friends & hope to return one day soon.

I have already recommended this hotel to my Mother & Aunt who are looking for a holiday later in the year. As I know they will get looked after.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DebKev35

Dear DebKev35,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope your next stay is just around the corner.