“Dissapointed, Mon!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida
“Dissapointed, Mon!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Terrible experience. I've been to this property many times over the years. The restaurant is the bee's knee's. The hotel room I stayed in (most recently) was room 114. There are many reasons the joint / room is to avoided, including:
* No carpet. I'm good with the concrete, but present it appropriately
* The sliding glass door is a great big burglary assistant
* Terrible air conditioner. Terrible.
* "Housekeeping" barely "cleaned" the room, and then left no new towel, washclothes, etc. FAIL.
* It appears the remodel of the room suddenly stopped...
* It appears the cabanas are where the money went, ostensibly for the yacht set

I love this place. I love Bimini. I love the food upstairs. Please, please be better. I would spend so much more time and money here. And, uh, I'm in the digital marketing business.

Restaurant review under separate cover.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 114 unless you afforded a guarantee. In writing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Steve C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I would HIGHLY recommend Big Game for a quick get a-way. Bimini in itself is a gem. If you are looking for a true Bahamian experience book yourself a room at Big Game and place yourself in a pool of relaxation. You will find yourself impressed with both the island and the resort.

Pros: Big Game offers wonderful service. We enjoyed a four night stay at Big Game for our wedding. All of our guests stayed at the resort and no one had any complaints. Each of our rooms had a balcony that overlooked the marina. The rooms are very spacious and our A/C worked like a charm. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. Our rooms were cleaned daily and fresh linens were always provided. The resort is well maintained and the marina harbors a variety of boats... and very large yachts. We saw a number of fishermen and quite a few divers. However, our party was staying in Bimini just for the beach, beer, and sun. We enjoyed dinning at the restaurant on site a number of times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We never felt unsafe at the resort. Actually, while exploring all of Bimini.... we never felt unsafe. We have traveled all around the Caribbean and Biminites are by far the most welcoming and humble people. The ferry from South Bimini both dropped us off and picked us up from the resort directly to travel to and from the airport. The ferry runs $2 a person. Very affordable! The water around the marina is crystal clear. We saw a number of fish, sting rays, and even a baby shark right off the dock.

Possible Downfalls: I've read a few complaints about the floors inside of the rooms. They are concrete. The floors in the shower are finished with cement and stone. I personally liked the look and I am sure it is much easier to keep clean vs. tile/carpet. Plus, your in Bimini! You don't spend much time in your room! Our electricity did go out for a period of time on one side of our room and our water did stop for a period of time as well... However, this is typical on such a small island. It did not influence our opinion of the establishment. The Bimini Bull Run operates through Big Game. However, we were unable to experience diving with the bull sharks because they had migrated back out to see a week before we arrived. You cant change mother nature.

We had a lovely time in Bimini and had a wonderful experience at Big Game. I would recommend this resort and the island to anyone looking for a quick and simple vacation.

Room Tip: Try to get a marina view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Alex5683
Stony Pain, AB
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just returned from this resort with a group of people for Yoga and dolphin/shark encounters. It was a lovely place to stay. Incredibly friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, good food, and a nice pool area with hammocks throughout the palm trees. Although I don't fish, its obvious that this is the place to come for great fishing. Diving is also available with knowledgable staff who can PADI certify. Rentals for paddle boards and kayaks are right at the Marina. I highly recommend this resort as it is settled in the midst of Alice Town so its a true Bahamian experience. The people native to the Island are right there and are very friendly. It takes only minutes to walk to the beach or be in the center of town for a bit of gift shopping. Lastly, the resort can help with tours you are interested in. Our tour had an experienced free diver who on 3 separate occasions made it possible for our group to snorkel with dolphins. If a dolphin experience is what you want, this is the place to come ! Or if sharks is what you want, the Reef sharks we snorkelled with are there to. A very well rounded resort !

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208. It was a perfect view of pool with a good size balcony. If a view is what you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Terry Z
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed here many times, and I will continue to stay here every time I come back to Bimini! It has something.... about it that I just like. On my way back to the US ( on my flying trips in the Caribbean) I always make a stop in Bimini, and I used to stay at the old Great Angler hotel ( home of Papa Hemingway), but since that place burn down a couple of years ago I always stay at the Big Game Club Resort & Marina. Nice big clean rooms and the Bar and restaurant is a great and fun place to spend the evening. Many thanks to the people at the reception Mr. Manron and Miss Laverne who both were very friendly and helpful. And a big hand to the manager Mr.Michael Weber who make sure this place is such a nice place to visit and to come back to - and I shall be back.....!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Helena, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We took the Superfast over to Bimini Big Game Club for the Bull Run experience for my two girls who are 14 and love sharks. Diana with Big Game and also the staff there in Bimini really went above and beyond to make sure they had a great experience. We would have stayed longer but the girls did not have passports. I cannot say enough good things about them. When our original reservations fell through over the passport issue and I told them we were doing the one day event, they had to move the moon and the stars but they did it just for my twin daughters. It was a special experience. We will be back, this time w passports and for a longer stay. You cannot go wrong at the Bimini Big Game Club.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kevinas312
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great place to go with the family. very recommended any time. if you are a fisherman this is the place to be to catch a very large variety of fish from shallow water to the deep drop. Best fishing i've ever experienced.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jonathan G
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is our second stay at this resort on Bimini. It looks to be one of only about 3 on the island. Cozy cottages and motel type rooms, surrounded by coconut palms and a marina. The restaurant has good food, but the service was "on island time"--slow. This is a clean property, and very we'll maintained. You can rent bikes, kayaks, golf carts,etc, or walk around the whole island. The Bahamian people are very friendly.

Room Tip: Stay in a cottage if you want a refrigerator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina
Nathan's Lodge
Nathan's Lodge
#4 of 23 in Andros

Been to Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!