“Great first visit to Bimini” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alice Town
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Phenix City, Alabama
“Great first visit to Bimini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our company visited Bimini for a team trip in July. The staff was very very accommodating. The hotel lined up scuba diving, free diving SUP's, deep sea fishing, and bone fishing trips for our team. Their prices are very reasonable. They have a great restaurant on site. make sure to try the cracked conch and Sands beer. We look forward to many more visits to Bimini and the Big Game Club!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank L1L2
BigGameClubResort, Director of Sales at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Bimini Big Game team is excited you had a great vacation. I will share all your kind words with the team and the next time you are coming to Bimini BIg Game let me know and the team will put something special together for your next stay.

Diana Weber
Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina
Director of Sales & Marketing
dweber@biggameclubbimini.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We spent our honeymoon at BBGC. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Shark dive and dolphin swim were life changing! Dive guide and boat captain were knowledgeable and entertaining. The Suite was clean and cool. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever experienced In a hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Fsunea98
DavidHess, Manager at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello Fsunea98

Thank you for allowing Big Game Club Resort and Marina to share in your honeymoon experiences and the beginning of your new life together. Our beds were replaced 4 years ago with pillow-top mattresses and we have had very nice comments from our guests such as yourself.

The diving experiences are normally phenomenal and exciting as you witnessed and we take great pleasure in insuring our guests have a great experience while at BBGC.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

First the air condition leaking in floor very slick had to put towels down . Sat down at restuarant was ignored for 30 mins and left . We some clothes in the dresser and they were stolen by house keeping . None cared . Called and emailed day we left no one contacted me till week later . If they would went up to gety clothes the day I calked they would not of got stolen . Very poor customer services .

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Hotboating
Hi Hotboating

I am disappointed that you had such a negative experience at Bimini Big Game Club Resort and Marina. Its very unusual that any items were taken from your room as i have not experienced any complaints on thefts in the 3 months i have been here. However, i will personally look into this matter and check our lost and found procedures to make sure this does not recur.

The restaurant has been very busy this Summer Season but to get ignored for 30 minutes is unheard of and unacceptable to our high standards of excellent customer service. I will review your comments with our staff to use this as a training and teaching tool for better future service.

Thank you for your very kind comments on our room product, cleanliness and value for the money spent. This means a lot to management when we review complaints that still rate us high in other areas.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and please call me directly when you return so i can insure that your stay will not be marred in anyway. 1-800-867-4764 or email me at dhess@biggameclubbimini.com.

Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Monday July 28th my friend and I flew to Bimini so we could go diving.
Our first night was a disaster as we arrived at The Big Game Bimini Club. We had done our research and according to the internet this would be a great diving experience. We signed up and paid for our 2 tank dives before we even got there.
No one bothered to inform us that the dive boats at The Big Game Club were not in service. We were not told upon arrival but later that afternoon when we went down to confirm the dive that both boats were not working. To add insult to injury that
evening when we were going to bed, we noticed out lamp between our beds was not plugged in, when we went to plug it in sparks flew everywhere, and all the electricity went out except the bathroom and air conditioner. We called down to the front desk twice to get someone to come up and fix it but they never did so we just went to bed. We feel that if the dive boats were not in service and we had reservations, we should have been notified in advance of the situation since that was the only reason we were coming to the island. We would have changed our
plans.

The next morning we decided to check out of The Big Game Club and go down to
World Resort of Bimini , we were told they had a dive shop and were excited to switch to someplace newer and nicer. First thing on Tuesday the 29th we checked into the World Resort Bimini and went directly to this supposedly wonderful dive
shop, we were told they could not take us out diving unless there were four of us.
I gave them my email address and begged them to email me if they got 2 more people. The only reason we came to Bimini was to dive, the dive magazines advertise what great diving you have . We brought all our diving gear and only needed tanks and weights. We went back everyday we were there and were told the same thing. This is very bad business, you advertise you are a dive shop and yet you would not take us out . It was not our fault you did not have any additional divers. You should have taken us out no matter what. We spent $450 per person for airline tickets. And the gentlemen in the dive shop said if we were willing to pay for two more people they would take us out. They were very laid back and non challant, not really caring about weather we dive or not.

It is very depressing as we spent a lot of money on this trip with the sole purpose of diving. My friend actually spent money taking a refresher course and buying diving gear for this trip. If we had known we would not be able to dive in Bimini , we would have gone to Grand Cayman or another island in the Bahama's. I loved your resort but feel it would be a big risk to return as what is advertised does not materialize. I would love to be able to to tell friends to go there since we only live in Sarasota but I would not be sure they would get what they came for.

Very Disappointed

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Robyn S
Dear Robyn

I am disappointed that you had such a negative experience at Bimini Big Game Club Resort and Marina. We pride ourselves on having excellent customer service and i can see that we did not hit the mark.

Our dive boat is a 65 ft deluxe dive boat with men's and women's bathrooms on board and has a glass bottom to see divers having fun below. It holds 30 divers and was unfortunately down for needed repairs during your stay with us. As you were only 2 in the dive we would not have used our 65 ft boat but would have accommodated you in a smaller boat or would have paired you up with other divers to go out in a larger vessel.

Devito B our Dive Master is an expert at juggling the number of divers with multiple trips to shark expeditions, dolphin encounters, spear fishing, wreck diving and any other underwater adventure as we have access to many boats in the area with experienced captains that know the waters here.

I also heard about the electrical short that was in the room and we checked it out the next morning and fixed the problem. Unfortunately you had already checked out.

Its a shame you checked out and went to a competitor and were continually told each day that you couldn't go out as you were only 2 divers. We would have gotten you out most every day of your trip on a smaller boat or with other divers if you would have given us the chance.

I would like to speak to you regarding your stay so please call me on our 800 number, 1-800-867-4764 (Ask for me to come down to reservations to take the call as i don't have access to the 800 # in my office) or email me at dhess@biggameclubbimini.com so we can find out how to make your next trip the best you will experience in the Bahamas.

Thank you for your candid feedback. We will use this to further train our staff to insure this negative experience will not recur.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a team trip for our company Salt Life. The entire staff at BBGC Treated myself and our entire group of 13 in a fantastic manner. If you desire a true experience of the Rustic Bahamas, i highly suggest the Bimini Big Game Club.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank a7blues
DavidHess, Manager at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Whoa....that's a great review from our friends at Salt Life. They were here for 6 nights and we hardly saw them around the property. They were out fishing, diving, paddleboarding, shark diving, snorkeling and having an all around BLAST....

Thank you for your kind words and we cant wait for you guys and gals to return.
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

went back to Big Game this Summer to try our hand again doing the offshore thing. Well what a dissapointment. The new bahamian guy they have there is a joke, typical bahamian charter boat. cleaner than we imagined but old, slow and just tired. We did catch a few dolphin and a cuda, nothing I would return for considering I can fish out of charleston and do much better on any given summer day. We did meet up with eagle eyed fred and had a great time on the flats with numerous bonefish some on the fly which was a first for us.
The hotel was still clean and nice, service was still overpriced and sub par with staff that seems as if they are doing us a favor by waiting on us, no appreciation at all. I would think for an island to be so dirty and trashed they would be thankful for anyone who comes to spend money there. This was our last try going to Bimini, we are tired of going to the Ghetto and paying for the ritz. Our next trip will be to the Exumas or the DR.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nate b
I just have to say I'm sorry for your recent disappointed trip to Bimini and your fishing experience but I am glad that you did have a good time with Eagle Eyed Fred, one of our premier bone fishing guides, and you found some bone fish on your rod.

Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel and I am again sorry for your negative experience with our staff members. I will share your comments with our staff members to remind them that each guests experience is important and to show them that we do care that they come here....and pay our salaries....

In regard to the expense...well everything we buy here is imported from the US or abroad with extremely high duties. We try to keep the quality of our food and beverages up to par at the best possible prices...

Thank you again for a fair evaluation of our resort and we hope that you come back again when the island is spruced up more to your liking..
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We arrived by boat from Miami. The Hotel has an onsite custom office, which makes arrival and clearance convenient. The immigration office is offsite, basically walk down the street (make a right from the property until you see the a marked police/immigration building on the left). When arriving by boat, only the captain of the vessel is allowed to leave the boat until customs and immigration is cleared. To save yourself hassle, make sure to get the immigration card from the dock master at the hotel - each individual on the boat must complete and sign the form. Fuel is not available onsite, but is just a couple of Marina's away (Current fuel costs were $6.00 per gallon)

The hotel is basic, so the name "Club Resort & Marina" makes it sound a little fancier then it is in reality. However, it is a nice and comfortable place to stay especially for fisherman/boaters arriving from South Florida.

We had a second floor room on the far end of the hotel, which made it a little bit of a hassle to bring the fishing equipment to the room we did not want to store in the open on the boat. The floor is concrete, which was a first for me. However, I can understand that this hotel caters to fisherman so this probably makes sense in trying to keep the floor clean and easy to maintain, which the room was. The bathroom was very basic. The Television was small, with a remote control that did not work properly. However, the bed was very comfortable and it was a nice and comfortable decor. The comfortable bed is really all that mattered to us after a long day in the boat anyway.

The biggest complaint about the room was that the walls are very thin. We could hear the conversation in the next room quite well, but luckily they settled down early enough for us to get a good night rest before fishing the next day. This could, however, cause a potential problem if you have a party crowd in the room next to you and you want to get some sleep, or are an earlier sleeper. As already mentioned in other reviews, many of the rooms face the road but we did not hear any street noise.

The restaurant is very basic, with an open area outside, and an indoor bar. Not much to do around the hotel, with the exception of a few small stores.

The hotel overall is nice, but expect a basic hotel and accommodations. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very boater friendly.

For boaters there are cleaning tables and big Bull Sharks can be seen swimming around when the fisherman return for the day waiting to eat the cleaned fish that are tossed into the water.

During the day we cruised and fished from our boat, so not much to report there from a hotel perspective (The boating and fishing, however, was outstanding!!!). I did see the small pool, but it seemed cloudy and looked a little dirty.

Now with that being said, I would return but set my expectations lower then those I initially had before arriving.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom A
DavidHess, Manager at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Tom

Thank you for a very informative and through review that you obviously took time to prepare to outline your recent experiences at Bimini Big Game Club Resort and Marina. We certainly appreciate your candor and your very kind remarks about the comfort, cleanliness and non pretentious atmosphere that is present at our resort. We are very pleased to have the Bimini Customs office located at the resort and they are open until 7 PM nightly.

The resort was renovated 4 years ago which brought in new beds, flat screen TV's, new furniture and décor along with a brushed concrete flooring and bathroom renovations in the guest rooms. Our beds are known to be very comfortable, we have a full assortment of in room amenities including coffee, shampoo, conditioner and body lotions, and our rooms are very clean. Our housekeeping staff does a great job keeping our guests happy.

Most of the time our guests are quiet and are tired and get to bed early as they are up early to go fishing in some of the most exciting fishing and diving waters in the world so noise complaints are rare. If you do have a complaint we have nightly security that will quiet down your neighbors.

Bimini Big Game Restaurant and Bar is said to have the best food and libations on the island and we are proud to serve Big Game Ale as our specialty draft beer.

We will take a closer look at our pool cleaning schedule but its is so popular we have a tough time getting people out of the pool to give us time to clean it as they enjoy our poolside bar at the same time.

Thank you again for your candid and well intended comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bimini Big Game in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alice Town
Resorts World Bimini
Resorts World Bimini
#3 of 6 in Bimini
Bimini Sands Resort and Marina

Been to Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!