My expectations for this place were already pretty low having read the TA reviews beforehand, so given all of that I felt the room was adequate, there was hot water and the beds appeared clean and were decently comfortable.
- I acquired a set of what looked like bedbug bites after the one night here
- They had a party with extremely loud karaoke going on directly outside the rooms til about 11pm, which when you have to wake up at 12.30am for the hike up the Ijen crater is.. unhelpful, to say the least.
- They refuse to sell any food a la carte at night, so you have to buy their 50,000Rp set meal, useful if you're with someone as it easily feeds two, annoying if there's just the one of you and all you want is a plate of nasi goreng. The receptionist was also rude when informing us of this.
- The bathroom did not look like it'd been cleaned in a while.
They've got a captive audience so you pretty much have to suck it up and deal with it. Luckily Kawah Ijen is worth the few hours that you have to stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Catimore Homestay Hotel Java