“Ok for a nights stay, staff was great”

Ramada West Memphis
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here for a night during our vacation travel. Our requirements was a name brand hotel located close to the interstate. This one fit the bill. I would call this hotel average. We had no issues with the room - wasn't the fanciest, but wasn't dirty either. We had no issues with noise from the interstate or other residents. TV and Internet worked fine for us for the limited time we were there. Breakfast in the morning was sufficient. Had the normal continental items as well as biscuts, gravy, scrambled eggs, and waffles. The staff was very pleasant and helpful - they were above average. The property has two levels and there is no elevator - so be aware of that if you are unable to navigate a few stairs.

The worst part of this for us was getting to the place. The interstate is under construction and it has impacted the service road the hotel is on. We were coming from the east on the interstate and it was not simple to find our way onto their property. I would suspect that is not an issue when their service road is not impacted by the construction.

Room Tip: Two stories and no elevator. Ask for first floor room if stairs are an issue for your party.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised. Lobby well appointed. Desk staff very helpful. Room was pleasant. Only downside was eggs at breakfast were in crockpot and strangely soggy. No elevator. Surrounding area economically challenged, but just fine for a night.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

1  Thank Tom Y
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 6-13-14, sent my husband to check in upon arrival, he was told only I could check in(never have had that issue occur in any hotel/motel). Get to our room, start unloading, my child ends up finding a PILL on the business desk!!! My husband immediately flushed it down the toilet. The drain suction cup to the tub did not work, the shower curtain smelled musty/moldy. We were exhausted from driving all day, so went to bed around 10:00pm, that's when all H _ _ _ broke loose, we listened to non-stop doors closings, laughter in the hallways, more loud door openings closings(we were conveniently put right in front of the exit/entrance door. I finally called the "front desk attendant", explained all of this to him because there was no manager on duty, asked if there was anyway to at least enforce a "quite time" being the pool had closed, his response was "No" and to ask for manager Mark in the morning. The noise did not stop until around 3:00am. Somehow, my 2 kids were able to sleep, but my husband and I did NOT!!!! The next morning when I checked out, I did ask for manager Mark, but at 9:30am, he had not gotten to work yet??!?! I again explained myself to the "front desk attendant" and there was an excuse for everything I mentioned, including the PILL! All she could do would be to take $15.00 off our room fee. This experience has ruined Ramada for me, we will never stay here again!
There was ALOT of other minor things too that were wrong too(like breakfast offerings, TV picture, smell of smoke every now and then IN A NON-SMOKING ROOM) but the major 3 things, I listed at the top, and complained about those 3 things only.

Stayed: June 2014