New Hampshire Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$102
US$92
Ramada West Memphis(West Memphis)
US$84
US$54
US$40
US$39
EconoLodge
Homegate Inn & Suites(West Memphis)
US$80
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat pricemattressesacdowntownwest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

A very pleasant place. Great location, large room, excellent beds. That might sound silly, but believe me, not all motel beds are made equal. These were large and firm. Good value, too -- $50-some for 2 -- great location, right off I-55, very close to Memphis and much much cheaper. The young man behind the counter was brisk, efficient, friendly. This will likely be the place we stay when we return to Memphis.

Oh, and just a tip -- the highway service areas right off I-55 are fine, but the town of West Memphis itself is an impoverished community. I went shopping at a local supermarket, and that was just fine: decent prices, good service. Buying gas, not so fine: the automatic credit card pumps didn't work, and I was approached by an obviously homeless woman with a bizarre tale of being stranded, changed bus routes, microwaves, and cats. Her hair was spectacular. This was on a Sunday morning at 8 am, FYI.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

hotel was clean and well serviced. wireless internet worked very good and was easy to log on to. hotel was easy to find. room was pretty clean which is very important for me because i am very picky about cleanliness. I was worried about the area, but the clerk assured me that i had nothing to worry about and he was right. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stay here often when in the area. It has everything I require. It's safe, clean, quite, and affordable. The room includes microwave, refrigerator, a desk where I can use my laptop. The free Internet is great and works at all times which is very important for me. I can park right in front of the room. The people are helpful in every way.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I made reservations thru the HotelsOne 800 number and paid in advance by credit card. I was quoted the Internet Special price of $45 for one person and one dog. When I arrived at 11PM I was told by the man at the front desk that I needed to pay another $15 CASH for my dog, for a total of $60. When the woman at the front desk confirmed that there should be no charge for the dog, the man yelled at her in a horrible, very disturbing way. I really felt if I had not been right there, he would have struck her. At this point I would like to have gone somewhere else, but it was so late, I was very tired, and I had already paid the original $45 so I reluctantly paid the extra $15 and went to the room.

The room was horrible. Bedspreads were old and dirty, towels were minimal and thread-bare, carpet unraveling, many cigarette burns on the edge of the bathtub, no coffee-maker, one very small bar of soap and no other amenities. The plastic glasses in the room said Holiday Inn Express. I woke up early, anxious to leave and found there was not even coffee available in the lobby. I am surprised that this motel received any positive reviews. I would never stay here again.

When I got back on the road I called back to HotelsOne and they confirmed there should have been no extra charge for the dog. They said they would refund the $15 dog charge to my credit card. They either trust me because they have had so many other complaints from this place about the extra charges, or they just said that to get rid of me. I’ll find out when I get my credit card bill.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank C D
Ankur P, Owner at New Hampshire Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Let me start off by mentioning that the woman did not say there was no charge for the dog. They were discussing what room should be given to you since you did not want to go upstairs. So to accommodate you, the man was explaining to her to give you a room with two beds downstairs, instead of the one king size bed you had reserved which would have been upstairs. And we are not running any sort of scam. Also, there is no "special price" for 45 dollars online anywhere. Our rates online, for a room with a king size bed you reserved, is 38 plus tax. We are not running any sort of scam, the third party reservation system you mentioned, HotelsOne, has our hotel policies clearly listed. Here's a link for confirmation: http://www.hotelsone.com/west-memphis-hotels-us/new-hampshire-inn.html?q=start:2013-03-01;end:2013-03-02;rmcnf:1[2,0];rad:13;dsti:6197;dstt:1;dsts:West%20Memphis;cur:USD;frm:1;sort:0_desc;
Under the hotels policy tab, it states clearly:
"The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
Pet fee: USD 15.000 per pet"
This guest was stressed out because she had driven 200 miles she said. We understand that, and that's why we were trying to accommodate her as well as we could. But instead, she became argumentative to the woman at the desk that she had to get the manager. She refused to pay the pet fee and insisted that she had already been charged for the fee when the room was booked. When asked how much the room rate was and how much she had paid, she responded 38 and 43 respectively. So where is the pet fee? Customer was asked to provide with proof to confirm that she had paid the fee when she had booked the room and customer stated she will return with the paperwork once checked in. We never heard from the customer until the next morning when she came to complain some more.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We paid $50 for a room with a king bed. The room was basic, not very clean, but nothing unacceptable. The area seemed a bit dodgy and there were children playing in the parking lot who seemed to be living in a motel room.

All in all a very average place to stay for very little money considering the proximity to Memphis / Beale Street.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple