“Best ever.”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Central Texas
“Best ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here a year and a half ago, so we knew how great this property was...this time was even better, if possible. Shauna checked us in and gave us a lovely,quiet room on 4th floor. She reduced my rate when I arrived, thankfully. I have yet to experience a hotel stay with such warm and helpful management. The evening gentleman was the same, as was the gentleman this morning. Wow. Wonderful beds...extremely comfy and fresh. Spotless room, beautifully appointed with large wall TV. Bathrooms are spacious and include makeup remover pads, something I always appreciate. The breakfast was generous and good: eggs, sausage, country potatoes, waffles, cereals, sweet rolls, juices, great coffee and an excellent attendant who spoke pleasantly and was so helpful. I stayed in the Memphis Peabody during a conference last year and didn't enjoy my stay nearly as much as I enjoyed this one. This hotel is a great asset to West Memphis, and indeed, would be a charming asset to any location. Choice Hotels would do well to look to this management and facility for an example of how all of its hotels should be managed. Kudos for an outstanding stay and hospitality unparalleled.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IBLibrarian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

At over $100 a night for two nights in the off season, this should have been a lot better.
The building is showing it's age, but the rooms are a decent size and clean.
Customer service varied from OK to poor, again, not what you expect at this price.
In-room cups and coffee were not replaced for the second night. Bins were not emptied. Fresh towels and the bed being made is about it.
Guest laundry was all but blocked by random stacked boxes.
Breakfast was below average for a hot buffet style.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

While planning our annual New Years trip for 4 couples I let my trip advisor finger do the walking through all the great past reviews of Memphis Tenn.
I found a better hotel value in West Memphis Ark. " what a Gem" just across the Mississippi.
TheComfort Suites 850 Stephens Blvd. $99 a nite
Our reservations were made in Nov.2012 not knowing the Liberty Bowl was being played in Memphis.
Not to be disappointed upon arrival check in with Shawna was flawless. Our 4 king suites were close together as promised even through the hotel was sold out to Tulsa fans
Shawna greeted us like family and made us feel at home after our 4 hr drive. "Thanks Shawna".
Our suites were wonderful. Flat screen tv, closets not just a rack for clothes and a fridge tucked away from sight. Comfy bed with all the pillows I could want. Very clean and inviting.
Breakfast was very good. Waffles,eggs,sasuage or bacon, grits,gravy and all the fare.Nice lg breakfast room flat screen tv and fireplace.We used the room for our evening get togathers. We were also offered a meeting room if we wished.
Could not be happier with the rooms, the service the quality of breakfast and the hospitality All of which were above the standards you would expect. Deffinately a stay here again and all this just about 3 miles from Downtown Memphis.

Room Tip: Street not on GPS just look for the hotel sign for exit. Our room was overlooking the top of the in...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

This was probably one of the best stays we have had in a good while. The manager was very friendly and helpful and the desk clerk, Taylor, was exceptional. A great knowledge of the area with some excellent tips for dinner. The room was very clean (but I believe this was a fairly new hotel) and modern. Electrical outlets were plentiful and included USB connections. I would hope to see more motels upgrade with this.

The free continental breakfast was complete with bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal, etc. and the breakfast manger was most helpful.

All and all, the stay was wonderful and we hope stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Live Oak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here on two different occasions from Dec 03 through Dec 11 2012.. My first stay when checking had the experience of very nice and helpful guy name Roy. I got into my room and everything was neat and clean felt very comfortable as I was looking to turn on frig before going to get drinks and fruit there was no frig in room. I called down to front desk Roy stated no one there to get me one but he could move me across the hall plus reduce my rate for the stay. He was very helpful even brought me new room key. I checked out and reserved my room for next stay and same rate was giving to me for same room. Very Friendly and Helpful people of Comfort Suites. from checkin to housekeeping. Will return and plan to stay again. Looks to be fairly new plus it is Non Smoking which was a major plus to me...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jodigirlinnfl
Montgomery texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

very nice stay. Half way between Houston and Chicago. Close to Cracker Barrel. Good Italian restaurant close by. The hotel sits back away from the interstate, so no road noise. All of the desk agents were down to earth and helpful. Will stay here again on trips to the midwest. Call before you go. The exit is tricky.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
North Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

No matter what I need when I stay at Comfort Suites in West Memphis, it is provided if possible. From the little lady that serves the breakfast to the very professional and courteous staff, my stays there have always been very pleasant. The beds make you not want to get up in the morning.

I would rate this hotel on a scale of 1-10 as a 10.

Room Tip: Heck I have stayed in several rooms there and I can't tell you one was better over the other. th...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 4 in Marion
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#7 of 19 in West Memphis

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!