“Patriotic Small Business Owner Creates Welcoming Environment!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 14 July 2014

From the moment I walked into this hotel, I was impressed! Lining the walls of the very attractive, high-ceiling lobby were flags of the U.S., reflecting our history based on the number of stars. In addition, there were several antique items, including two cases of antique taillights! NEAT!!

The front desk clerk was great--he actually noted that I had six in my party, commented on our need for the sofa bed, and stated that he would put the sheets and blanket on the front counter for us to grab when ready. Normally, I have to go back down and ask about sheets for the sofa bed. I was impressed this this clerk was forward-thinking!!

The breakfast here is substantial. The owner was floating around, helping to ensure everyone was comfortable--that was a nice touch!

As I was leaving, a very friendly front desk clerk came over and touched base with me--she was sooooooo nice!!

The hotel is nicely appointed and the rooms were quite comfortable and clean. We were able to easily sleep six. In fact, I awoke to nothing but peaceful snoozing from the rest of my family--it was music to my ears!!

The hotel is a bit difficult to get to, especially at night; however, it is well worth the trip!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Carolyn C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review of your hotel experience with us here at the Comfort Suites. We appreciate your comments and will be sure to share these with our staff, as they will serve as encouragement to continue our strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

With our best regards,

Comfort Suites

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This room was nice and large but had mildew in the shower (I did tell the desk clerk so it hopefully would be cleaned properly), a noisy air conditioning unit and dirt/gunk on the floor under the air conditioner. I guess if I hadn't needed to get on the floor to search for my grandson's toy I wouldn't have been so grossed out!! I can do without a lot of amenities but I do want the room to be clean and this room was clean on the surface only. The bedding was clean as were the mattresses ( I always check when getting a room - too many cases of bed bugs). Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel nor would I ever stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SharonS1953
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on the recommendation of another Motel in the area, it being spring it did have some ants but it was clean, large room, real friendly staff & breakfast was good but I would have liked more fresh fruit, price was comparable to other motels in 3-4 star range

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Layne S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed her with my family during a recent trip thru West Memphis. The staff was so friendly and the breakfast was great. The hotel is the nicest in the area compaired to the others in the area. The best part was the security is a full time police officer who also made us feel safe. The parking area is not well lite but he kept our vehicle safe while we felt safe inside. I also could not get over how friendly the staff was especially Andrew the night clerk. He kept asking if we needed anything and offered us more blankets without me even asking! I give this place a two thumbs up!!

• Stayed: February 2014
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Vet279,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us. We have shared your comments with the staff. Your comments will serve as encouragement as we continue to strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff was great very attentive, friendly and accommodating. I booked the last room available which was an accessible room. Upon entering the room the smell was gasly. It was a stale and musky smell. It was a warm day which didn't help. I turned up the ac and sprayed hairspray which helped a little. The room was large and very roomy. It had 2 queen beds, sofa, large chair, chest, pull out desk, frig, microwave and a large flat screen on the wall. The bathroom was large as well but dark. There were 2 small lights 1 recessed and one on the wall. Walls are very thin making the noise level an issue. You can easily here hall noise and people in the rooms next to you if they talk louder than a low normal. We had an issue with the people next to us. At 11:30 pm I had to call the front desk due to loud music and talking. The issue was cleared within 2 minutes The staff is very attentive to your needs and request. Breakfast is your normal hotel food. Scrambled eggs, sausage, which was very dry and crisp, biscuits, gravy, which was too salty, potatoes, and waffles which were cooked by the staff and placed in a warmer. There also danish, cereal, milk and juices.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear VET279,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Comfort Suites. We appreciate the opportunity to have hosted you. I have shared your comments with our staff and we will use this information as we continue to strive to provide an exceptional experience for all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hospitably,

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay. Easy checkin and checkout. Friendly employees. Room was clean and large. Bed was comfy and pillows were just okay. Had a good hot breakfast with a good amount of variety. If ever in the area again would definitely stay here.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank JoAnn A
SuitePeaWestMemphis, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear JoAnn A,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Suites in West Memphis. Your positive feedback will serve as encouragement to our staff as we continue to strive for the best possible guest experience. We look forward to hosting you again should your travels bring you to our area.

Hospitably,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

From the moment I walked into the hotel the staff made me feel welcome and appreciated. The front desk staff were exceptional. The staff was friendly & accommodated every need. Shawna Rhinehart, is amazing and is a key factor in putting this hotel on my top 10 list. Whatever your needs, she delivers with PROFESSIONALISM and ENTHUSIASM . I typically stay in a hotel 6 months out of a year. To walk into a property and the assistant General Manager is available to aide in your check in process, offer directions, and provide travel tips is PRICELESS.
This is by far the BEST property within 40 miles. The rooms are CLEAN, I observed the staff cleaning throughout the ENTIRE property, not just the rooms and dining area. The rooms have UPDATED central heating and air units. The mattresses are comfortable. I was very comfortable using the showers as they were CLEAN and well maintained.
This property hands down is the REAL DEAL when traveling through this area. This is my second stay and I will be back-even if I have to commute 30-45 minutes.IT IS WORTH IT!

Room Tip: Always ask when the last time that the rooms have been renovated. Most properties advertise renovati...