“Spacious room friendly staff”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were caught in bad weather. It took us 7.5 hours to get from Little Rock to West Memphis and I am thankful for finding a room. The power was out in some of the area so locals were looking for rooms as well as travelers who were exhausted from driving. I am also thankful that management didn't take advantage of the supply and demand conditions and jack up the rates.

The room was very big. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean. The staff was very kind, friendly and helpful. The front desk clerk had been going on next to no sleep and had been there for way too long. It was obvious she was exhausted. I felt bad asking her where places were to get food, etc. I felt even worse when she was still there in the morning.

The breakfast was solid. It had some cereal, fruit, pastries and waffles. Not spectacular but not terrible. The only negative about this hotel was that there were some bugs in the room. If not for the bugs, I would have rated my experience here as a 5.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was getting dark and, suddenly decided to get a room in West Memphis. The location of this Quality Inn (1009 South Service Road) is in what AT THE TIME felt like a "sketchy" area. Off the interstate it was very dark, and some construction going on was confusing.There were tons of trucks in the parking lot- many laborers must stay there for extended times. ?? I believe that there were some workers there doing some maintenance or remodel work on the hotel.
When finally got into the tricky parking entrance, I was actually surprised at how the lobby area smelled fine and looked clean. The front desk woman was nice....BUT as I have seen in other reviews, it is true that the staff here seem to be either really tired or over-worked or under-paid or SOMETHING is definitely going on. It was almost as if the hotel were "running" itself. There was truly a lack of employees working. But again, friendly. Maybe it is a regional, local attitude. Not sure.
I first got a price quote on a non-smoking room with 2 queens. I THEN WENT AND CHECKED THE ROOM BEFORE PAYING. Fellow travelers, don't complain if you check into a room and it is a crap hole and you can't get your money refunded. ALWAYS see the room first.
Room checked out fine. It was on first floor, located very close to the lobby area. It had a fridge in it. Restroom was clean and had plenty of towels (enough for 3 people) and a couple of in-expensive nic nac shampoos (NOT a nice abundance of Body Shop fancy lotions etc. you would get at a more expensive hotel.) But o.k. Shower had warm water and good pressure. Amazingly it was clean enough to take a bath in. The room was actually on the larger side and it was great having enough space for tons of luggage etc. Room did NOT smell like smoke nor sticky pets. The a.c. worked very nicely. Even checked under the comforters and the sheets were in good condition.
Got a AAA discount and paid about $70 for the night. It appeared that there was an outdoor swimming pool just outside of our window, but I didn't see nor hear anyone there. Very tired and still not sure about what part of town we were in...asked front desk clerk for directions to near fast food and one person in our travel party ventured out (without any problems) driving at dark and was able to bring back Wendy's to the room.
I can be very picky. There was truly nothing really wrong with our room. My white socks didn't end up dirty from walking on the carpet. Beds were comfy enough. Cable worked. Locks worked on door. Honestly ended up feeling safe and secure. Had no problems with our vehicle parked on the property. It appeared all of the rooms were entered via the one main hotel entrance, which was fine.
Next morning at breakfast...again , felt like we were in the "twilight zone" or something as not sure what the deal is with the staff. I believe the person helping put the breakfast together was a boyfriend of the front desk clerk. It was just your average Choice Hotels breakfast. I figure that if you can find something to eat and drink for the value of @ $3 a person then you have got your money's worth on the free breakfast. Check out went fine.
Couldn't find anything really wrong with this place, as I usually take notes and keep good travel logs. I would NOT pay any more than the rate we got for this hotel. Is this hotel really worth the $70 + range? NO. Now days, most hotels/motels are not worth what is charged. But it seems to be the going rate in the area. Personally, I think it should be more like $55 or $60. In reflection, I am glad we chose this hotel and didn't pay for one in the higher price range, especially since this was just for an overnight.
I would consider staying in this hotel again only if had to stay in West Memphis. I would also want to arrive before dark and take a look at a couple other hotels. As I mentioned, we were lucky and everything turned out fine. I would give it a try. Happy Travels~*

Room Tip: At the time we traveled there was no elevator. Request a room on first floor. As always, look at the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

While older, the room was clean, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very convenient to Memphis, and easy to access. Seemed clean, and the breakfast was adequate. We would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We found the check in fast and staff helpful with directions. A little tricky getting to and getting to resturant. One way service road!
Disappointed that no elevator and room on 2nd floor. Handicapped people beware!
Might stay again, but would probably look for place with elevator.
We found everything clear and in working order.

• Stayed: August 2013
Chiman M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do not have an elevator in our two storey building but we can block ground floor rooms if called ahead. All our handicap accessible rooms are on the ground floor.- General Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Front desk are nice and helpful. Breakfast is regular. Our room with 2 queen bed are a bit bigger, nice and clean but no elevator. According to the physical address it is in 1009 S Service rd but the GPS is E Service rd.

Room Tip: According to the physical address it is in 1009 S Service rd but the GPS is E Service rd., West Memp...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Chiman M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are currently working to change our address on web and all pulbications to 1009 EAST service Road.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I stopped at this motel at the end of a long day of driving. The experience exceeded our expectations. Everything was very nice. We had a comfortable room with a king size bed. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chiman M, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Your patronage is greatly apprecited.
Chiman Mistry, General Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Arrived with a large group late in the evening. The hotel knew we were coming, but only had one, slow, employee working. Took forever to check in. Room was fine, except some ants coming in the window and several bugs in the bathroom. Absolute worst thing about the room was the tub. Nasty black mold around the tub and the bottom didn't look like it had been bleached, or scrubbed in some time. It was gross. Best part of the room was the AC. Worked so amazingly well, I was freezing in the moring. Think I'd pass on this hotel and stay at the newer one about 20 feet behind it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
#9 of 19 in West Memphis
Comfort Inn Marion
Comfort Inn Marion
#2 of 4 in Marion

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!