“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Red Roof Inn West Memphis
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is a great and affordable place to stay. The staff at this location are very nice people and will help you with all your needs for a better stay. We enjoy this location so much we visit here every other month, the grey hound races and casino are right across the street, location is perfect for this type of entertainment. Great place to stay you will not go wrong. cant wait to go back..

Room Tip: Take your pick. have not had a bad one yet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We selected the lowest priced motel around the West Memphis area and landed at Red Roof late night, the rooms were clean but due to the design of the hotel the doors opened on the outside welcoming in the mosquitoes , but night clerk gave us the option to change the room and also gave us the spray.

Service was excellent, we forgot one of my moms beads string , and when we called the next day they not only found it but also arranged delivery to our home.

Best for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We arrived late at night & went to Red Roof Inn, as we have stayed at others in the past. What a shocker we had upon checking in. Before we even got into the room, the parking lot smelled of urine. Upon opening up the door to a supposed non smoking room, it reeked. We stood outside with the door open wide, & when we went to turn on the ac, it was caked with dirt. I walked over to the bathroom, and the toilet had feces splattered in the bowl as it hadn't been cleaned. The shower was stained, & also dirty. I was tired, needed a shower, and knew right then that sleep, & a shower wasn't going to happen there as there was no way I was going to stay in that room. I pulled back the sheets, and my husband looked after i pointed to hair, stains, and dirt in the sheets. They obviously hadn't been changed. I checked the sheets on the other bed, and they looked clean, but the bedspread underside was stained, cigarette burned (actually had burns on both spreads), and dirty. I didn't know what to do as it was late at night, so I went to the office and told them the room condition, and asked for clean bedding, as I decided that we would just lay on clean sheets, and leave in the morning without using anything. The walls were filthy, had what I believe to be boogers, spit, dead squished bugs, and overall it was horrible. The bathroom sink countertop had a film on it, with clumps of toothpaste or something not cleaned off it. The floors had alot of hair scattered about on it. The office acted shocked, and said they didn't have anything clean but offered me an upstairs room. I didn't want one upstairs, and by now I had also read the reviews on this place. It's all true what everyone writes. The first clue if I wasn't so tired was the lobby having super dusty curtains when you walk in, and the parking lot out back had 2 women walking around out back. Not insinuating anything. Just two skimpily clad women were out there. They said they would refund me, & I told my husband that we would just eithor pay more else where or sleep in the car. I wasn't staying in that dump. We drove across the road to Days Inn to check on rooms there (I have a review about them on here too), and while over there, the two women who had checked me in, stood outside watching us drive over there, and stared at us until we pulled the curtains on our room we decided to take at Days Inn. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. These people know its a dump. It is also owned by someone from India. I had read that on a seperate review, and asked when we left. We had paid by debit card, and it was supposed to be canceled, but it wasn't so beware of that too. That's a dispute our bank can take care of since we didn't stay there. Don't stay unless you don't care what conditions you sleep in.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It's a dump. The photos posted by other reviewers are pretty similar to w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Dirty room, sand in bedding, worn down beds very uncomfortable. Close to amenities. Our room smelled of urine and bugs in our room. Only stay if you have no where else to go. Owner from India and not available for issues.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 6 August 2011

we stayed at the West Memphis facility…how horrible!!! The only thing that was pleasant was the lady on the front desk…we didn’t get to check in until around 11 pm and she was just as fresh and nice as if it were 6 pm. The room number 111…where do I begin! First it was dirty…but as I said it was late and we were tired. We lifted the front of the controls to turn on the air and it was so dirty it was crusted. Next…I always lift the sheets and check for bed bugs…what I found was dirty sheets and pillows. Luckily we had our own pillows in our vehicle. Pulling back the top sheet we found the mattress pad was covered in black dog hair…we had to unmake the bed and shake everything ..and still we slept with our dirty clothes on…not wanting to get our PJ’s dirty from the linen. The bathroom floor had red mold by the door …the tub was dirty. The room smelled like someone had smoked in the room …although it was listed as a non smoking room. There was dog food located on the floor under the sink area and dead bugs smashed on the walls! We only slept about 5 hours and got up and washed..dressed and got out of there. When I was checking out another guest was complaining and the young man on the desk was noticeably nervous. I knew it would do no good to approach him with the problems we encountered. We will never again stay at the Red Roof Inn in West Memphis!!!

Room Tip: Do Not stay there
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed here in June of 2010 and I hate to write a bad review but the room was disgusting. There was some sort of huge stain on the bed all the way to the mattress. The bathroom was super dirty and the rates weren't good at all for the sorry exuse of a room. I haven't stayed at a red roof inn since and I used to stop and stay often while I was traveling on the road

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 1 January 2011

The caption covers the plusses.
Previous reviews are painfully. Correct. I am adding pictures.
Traveler...drive on. Owner...a bulldozer might be the best option at this late date in this poor building's life.

• Stayed: December 2010