“Poop Staind bed.”

Red Roof Inn West Memphis
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

I bought this room on Hotwire.com. Hotwire had it listed as a 2 star. Far from that. I will never use Hotwire again. Usually use Priceline where this room is correctly listed as a one star.

We got into the room and unmade the bed to find a giant stain in the middle of the bed. I called the front desk to tell them and see if we could get some clean sheets. She responded with, "oh not again". And then told me they had no clean sheets. How do you run a hotel and not have clean sheets? Makes you wonder. Do they ever clean them??? Needless to say, we left. And spent 120 on a decent room.

When I called Hotwire I was told there was nothing they could do and they have me 25 dollars in Hotwire bucks. I will never use them because I will never use Hotwire.com again. See attached pic of lovely "whatever it is" stained bed.

• Stayed: January 2013
Ashok1401, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn . i am sorry that your experince did not meet your expectation. please accept my sincerest apologies. we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn West Memphis

Reviewed 9 January 2013

This was my second stay at a Red Roof Inn and I was once again impressed. The rooms are very spacious and clean, and the staff is always helpful and friendly. You can't get a better room for the price- great value! Will be staying with them again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Ashok1401, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

thank you for staying with us we are happy to hear that your stay was good and our staff was very helpful and friendlyi hope you had a good time at liberty bowl stadium.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Lesley was working at the front desk and all I can say is she went the extra mile by making sure we know about joining the red roof inn rewards and also told us about good resaurants in the area . She was pleasant and smiling and also made our reservation for our return trip back one week later. I want to mention Jennifer who was at the desk sat nite when we checked in and she was very pleasant. We will stop there whenever we're going through the area and now that we are members of the rewards we will try to stay with the red roof inn as much as we can when traveling. The room was clean and we felt comfortable staying there for an overnight .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Ashok1401, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

thank you for staying with us,i am glad you had pleasent stay , i will lesley and jennifer
know about your kind comments, see you on your return trip.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Every morning in lobby they have fresh coffee, orange juice, apple juice, and fresh glazed doughnuts in bright clean lobby. This is a budget type hotel but had clean rooms. The staff here are very nice, friendly and helpful if you are from out of town. The MATA, Memphis transit bus, is free if going to downtown Memphis from West Memphis, AR., but cost 2.35 coming back to West Memphis. It is a perfect alternative to paying for taxi or rental car. Enterprise is right next door to hotel. The Southland Casino and Greyhound Park is down street within walking distance, too, if you gamble. I would highly recomment this hotel.

Room Tip: You have to request a microwave and mini refrigerator if you want one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Ashok1401, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

i am glad you enjoy your stay with us and visit to memphis i will let our staff know about your kind comment. please come again and stay with us when you are in this area. thank you

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Disgusting , smelly and unclean
Dingy reception only 3 tables for breakfast , no coffee on arrival not that we stayed because as soon as we saw the rooms and the stains on the carpet we were outa there into a far more descent inn

Room Tip: go to another hotel ...........
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We only stayed here for one night, and despite there being a power outage for about 3 hours in the early hours, it was a perfectly fine place to stay for the night. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable, and that's all I could ask for.
We had a few questions regarding the local area, and the lobby staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Well I used my Free night that was from the last stay at the one in Michigan City, this room was worst than the last, the room just felt nasty and the beds were awful. The linen was flimsey and the top cover looked like it had not been cleaned in days, very few towels and they were hard, it was a smoking room but no ashtrays. The furniture was old, like I said I couldnt sleep because it just seemed like something might be crawling on me. The only good thing it's location, it right across from Dogtrack, I'm sorry to say " I will not be staying at any more Red Roof's, free or otherwise".

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple