“DIRTY ROOMS”

Super 8 West Memphis
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel 7/29/12 it was late so we went here because we didn't want to stay in the city. When I went in to get the room it smelled like downy freshner so my first instinct was that this was a clean hotel...(NOT)...We got our room and since it was late we just went to sleep. When I got up the next morning I looked around the room the walls were dirty and behind the tv stand on the wall and ceiling looked like BLOOD!! I looked behind the bed and there was paper and wrappers behind the it and the nightstand not to mention went in the bathroom and the walls were dirty and along the bottom of the doorway was just nasty!! My husband went to get a iron 3X's and none of them worked they said they had just burned out. So when asked about a refund the manager said she couldn't give us one because we should have let them know the night before what type of problems there was. I advised her that it was late and we were tired and she still said "NO". However she did say she would give us a discount at their sister hotel with a jacuzzi which was across the interstate, so I asked can we see the room 1st before we give our credit card info she did say we could do that. We went to the other hotel/motel which was the KINGS INN and the name didn't match the room! We went into the room with the jacuzzi and it was STINKY and MOLDY SMELLING and the RUGS and COMFORTER was dirty and old looking! So I let them know we didn't want that room they let us see another room and the same thing applied!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN AND GLAD WE DIDN'T STAY AT THE SISTER ONE EITHER!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel and don't take the sister one for a discount either!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Sadly, this place seems to be going down. It is not as well-kept or clean as it was as recently as last year (2011). It would not take too much effort or money to get it back in top shape, though. There were weeds in the landscaping, lots of finger and hand prints on the front lobby door glass, no syrup available the next morning for the waffles, and the room was a bit on the grimy side, especially the bathroom. There was no clock in the room.

I did like the good tv, cool AC, and the in-room mini fridge.

The price, $45.27 (after tax) was good, of course, but they charged me $1.00 for "unlimited phone use". The night desk lady said she was going to remove the charge, but this was not done. I would probably see what other hotels are available in West Memphis if I'm ever in the area again. Maybe, they'll get things back in good shape soon enough. RJT

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Comparing to its price its okay. But with a few problems that weren't quite where they should be.
- Internet disconnected a lot.
- Everytime they cleaned the room there was not enough towels.

+ Breakfast was okay, nothing to complain about.
+ Staff was helpfull

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This was the most disgusting hotel ever! Rooms were filthy. Asked for more towels and the desk clerk went into the laundry room to get them and I could not believe the condition of the room. The window in the stairway was left open all weekend and it didnt even have a screen! I thought someone had accidentally opened it so i mentioned it to the staff and they said they leave it open. (looked like carpet had just been laid so maybe to dry or air out smell?)--but really its June and no screen!!! Bottom of tub was dirty. Room looked like it had not been cleaned at all. Very old and outdated. Staff was very nice--the only good thing about this hotel!

Room Tip: comfort inn suites or holiday inn
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2012

It was our last option on the area, so it had to due for the weekend. Staff was nice but as usual they just worked there. Iron needed to be checked out with an I.d. and it fell apart. Extra towels were needed and they were in the dryer. This is not professional. All I can say is if you need a place to stay and you don't have much money then stay. Don't complain if you have read the reviews and still decided to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This was a DUMP - Non Smoking Rooms all stink of Smoke -
All Pillows in the room were dark yellow stains all over them, Stink
The Bed looked as if someone had just checked out of it. STINK - Cigarette Smell -
All the Bedding smelled, Smelled as if someone was smoking in the Blanket
Breakfast is from 6am to 9 am. Don't show up at 8:30. They will not assist you. If the food is gone - your out of Luck. I was told I am not making up any more food. Breakfast is over at 9am and its already 8:30. Eat what’s there - or go with out.
The Lady behind the counter was to busy arguing with someone on the phone and telling them she was to busy to deal with their problems. That She had to take care of Customers in the Lobby, and help with Breakfast. ( No Lobby - NO Food – Empty containers.
I guess I should have slept in my Car and eaten from the trash cans.
No Different – The Parking Lot was cleaner and smelled better.

Clean the rooms, clean the pillows
CLEAN THE ROOMS, CLEAN THE PILLOWS
If the Pillows are all Yellow and Stained and Stink - Throw them away.

There are no NON Smoking Rooms. All Rooms have been Smoked in by someone

Room Tip: ground floor - center - all hall ways stink of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business