“NOT CLEAN and SMELLY”

Super 8 West Memphis
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Chauvin, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I'll keep it simple:
This place has an overpowering unique smell. You smell it in the lobby but the room was worse. I said that it smelled and my son who is 5 yrs old told me he thought the stink was coming from the floor. I made him use his toys on the bed after he said that. The beds were hard and they were sagging in the middle. The pillows were so thin it was like you didn't have one. I had to fold my pillow in half and every time I moved at night I had to wake up and fix it again. My entire family was coughing and sneezing all night long. Probably from the dust in the room, my allergies were going out of control. The table was greasy and the chair had stains. There were not enough towels for 4 people in a double bed room. My kids had to share a towel. There was only 2 face towels. The stopper in the tub was broken, so giving a bath to a 4 and a 5 year old was difficult. Between the shower curtain and the tub there was a slippery film. I don't know what that was but it was gross. You could tell the door had been forced open once before cause the top lock was rigged back into place. I didn't trust it. The breakfast they had out in the morning was supposed to be from 6 to 9am. I went down there at 7am and had to go back to my room and wait for the floor to dry cause the lady picked that time to mop the floor. Finally I had a chance to see what they had out and to be honest I lost my appetite. Don't expect any private conversations cause when you walk down the hall you can hear the others in their rooms. On he bright side I did manage to get the curtains closed on the window even though the rod to control it was broken off. If I ever attempt a Super 8 hotel again I will ask to see the room before I pay.

Room Tip: Dont choose one.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandon R
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I checked in affter a long trip outa el paso. The rate is right. The room is clean and for a freight haller the noise isnt a big deal. The front desk is accommodating. Takati, linda, terry is awesome there is a outside picnic area. Resteraunts are close and not a bad stay. Was treated like family, will come again

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business