“Bare Bones/No Frills”

Homegate Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Memphis
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Easily accessible. Room smelled strongly of cleaning chemicals. Bathroom had a damp smell unable to keep the curtain in the shower in a closed position and water sprayed onto the floor. . Apparently some update and renovation as carpet appeared new as did the bedspread. Sheets and towels were clean. They did have wifi. Breakfast was OK. Minimal choices, no decaf coffee and powdered creamer. OK for a traveling one night stay but probably would not choose this hotel again. Rated this average considering the price was relatively inexpensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HomeGate, General Manager at Homegate Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear guest,
we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered at our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the issues on your recent visit. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to West Memphis.

There are newer reviews for Homegate Inn & Suites

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

we were road tripping and on our way home, so at this point we were on a budget after 10 nights of hotels! This hotel was a great find and cheap! It was pretty nice and had some newer amenities. Not very far from Memphis and a heck of a lot cheaper being Memphis is somewhat of a tourist trap! The room also surprisingly had a small couch that folded out to a twin size sofa bed which was a great asset since we were traveling with kids who hate sharing beds :) overall great value for the price!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MrsChuckCheermom
HomeGate, General Manager at Homegate Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future. It makes us feel good to know that our hard work pays off.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking for an inexpensive one night motel that was still good quality. This fits the bill. It was very clean and very cheap. The furnishings were nice but sparse. This is a no frills motel including no clock in the room. But hey, that's what your phone is for right? So, for a one night, on your way to something else this place is more than adequate.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank drhalfpint

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us here at the Homegate inn & suites in West Memphis, AR. It is our pleasure to take care of you while you are in our hotel. we apologize for any inconvenience you may have without clock in the room. we use to have alarm clock in the room but after some incident we ending up keeping them in the office so if our guest need it they can always ask for it. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet, nice free breakfast, and good service. Updates bathroom, nice size flat screen TV, and clean beds. Not a lot to eat nearby but casino is close. Close to the interstate but not close enough to hear any traffic. Pretty good water pressure.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Arrived at this Hotel after having a very bad experience a short distance away at the Days Inn on Ingram Blvd. The hotel and the property were both nice and clean when I pulled up to park. I had called and spoken to the desk clerk several moments before and had told him of my recent experience with the previous hotel and when I entered the lobby I was handed the key to a room and was told that I could feel free to check it out before I paid for the room, which kind of surprised me as I had never had this to happen before. I took the key and my wife and I proceeded to walk to the room, opened the door and stepped inside to find a beautiful, clean and fresh smelling room. There was a king sized bed, computed desk, sofa, mini fridge, microwave, iron & ironing board, hair dryer and a flat screen television. The room had a new bedspread & carpet, and the bathroom was spotless. The air conditioning worked very nice as it was hot outside and it ran with very little noise. We stayed here for 3 nights @ $59.00 a night and we were very pleased with the entire hotel, the property and all of the employees. We liked this hotel so much that we already pre - booked the 17th, & 20th, of July as we travel to and from Galveston, Texas for our family reunion

Room Tip: I would request a room on the ground floor close to the front desk as the WiFi will be stronger
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SHANNON C

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your time to review of our hotel and your recent stay here at the Homegate inn & suites in West Memphis, AR. It certainly was our pleasure to host you during your trip to our area. I love that comforting feeling with our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Thank you.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

One of the best sleeping experiences outside of home-and at a great $57 price. You would never know our room was near the highway because the room was so quiet. Impeccably clean and finishing was well done unlike most hotels. Very spacious with only the furniture you need. The breakfast was delicious. Could use better pillows.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HomeGate, General Manager at Homegate Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us here at the Homegate inn & suites in West Memphis. We appreciate your kind comments concerning our accommodations. It is our sincere pleasure to have hosted you while traveling through this area. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in tonight my husband walked into the lobby and immediately walked back out he was told there were no rooms. seemed fishy as he had been in there not even 5 sec. So
I called hotel from parking lot and was told rooms were available .
I walked into the lobby myself to ask again. A man came from the back with phone still in hand I asked again he said yes rooms available.
I then asked him why he told my husband there were none he looked out window(saw the same vehicle) and then said oh wait no the last one was just booked on line.
(Never looked at computer)!!!
I am so angry and disappointed as we came to this hotel strictly from the reviews.
unforunatly I believe my husband was discriminated against and it is VERY disturbing. I had such high hopes.
what a way for him to end his day after a family members funeral!
stayed ay quality inn instead

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Amy B
HomeGate, General Manager at Homegate Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear guest,
we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with our desk clerk. We were booked on June 6th and 7th. We cannot over book or give away reservation rooms. Reservation rooms are our first priority. When your husband left asking about room, right away we received cancellation by fax and when reservation get canceled from online so many people searching for rooms online so right away one guest reserved that room. And after receiving reservation by fax we can’t give away that room to walk-in guest. Desk clerk wasn’t looking for same car but he was looking reservation just received at that time for last room on fax machine which is by the office window. We understand that You were angry that’s why you think that he discriminated your husband but it’s nothing about discrimination but it’s about reservation priority and over booking rooms.