“Buffet!”

Iron Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 60 Restaurants in West Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dothan, Alabama
“Buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Ordinarily I avoid buffets but we stopped here for gas and decided to try it. The buffet was not huge, but had lots of comfort food...the fried chicken was great..there was some mystery meat that was overcooked, the salad was fresh.

The young lady (Sylvia) who waited our table was managing the whole buffet area and she did a great job. I drink a lot, she brought a small pitcher of iced tea and kept it full and gave me cups to go.

The buffet was probably 3 stars but the service raised my opinion of this otherwise a little bit too expensive a buffet to a higher rating. But I've paid more and gotten less than I did here.

Would I stop here again...probably not because I avoid buffets. But if you like them and don't care if there's not a huge food selection, check this one out...but ask for Sylvia!

Southwold, United Kingdom
“tasty food and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

This was my first visit to an iron skillet
I had quesadiilla and my partner had a rueben sandwich.
We both enjoyed our meals
The staff were friendly and helpfull

• Visited August 2012
Henderson, Colorado
“Typical Iron Skillet, Staff Very Friendly, Though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Iron Skillets, the restaurants inside Petro Truckstops, are so similar across the country that when you walk out of one, you need to stop and think "Now, where am I?" The buffet was fresh and well-supplied during our visit, and the staff was unusually friendly.

• Visited June 2012
Memphis
“Terrible place to eat... Roaches!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I ate at this place twice. I ordered biscuits and gravy. I ate almost all of my meal and I noticed something odd in the bottom of the bowl. I thought that it was herbs or some sort of spice. I picked it up and it was a "Dead Roach"! I thought I was going to puke. I was sitting in the back dining room and I also saw little baby roaches running up the wall. This place is just filthy.

3 Thank mariondude