“So so sad”

Milton Ke
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So so sad”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting the superb food hall at Kingsley village for a number of years on my regular business trips to Cornwall. The meat from the butchers was always excellent and the venison significantly less than we pay locally at home but still top quality. The selection of fish was very broad and so so fresh! The vegetables all brimming with goodness. The pulled pork rolls a naughty delight!! I shall miss my stops here, where they understood about quality and service. I certainly won't be stopping for Starbucks and McDonalds or any Cornish Next! It's such a shame when corporate money takes over from true local quality. If anyone know if the butchers and fishmongers have re-located elsewhere let a desperate me know ;-))
PK

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Paul K

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“No more food hall!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The food hall was the best part of leaving cornwall when driving back home as we'd always stop for the lovely local food. The pulled pork baguettes used to be a firm favourite, and the cakes etc were amazing. However, on our last journey home we stopped in only to see a sigm stating that it had been closed and a next wss going to be put in... a NEXT! Really?!! Do we not have enough of these shops around without taking away a very unique food shop??!! We decided to have a look upstairs and after noting the price of their very expensive meals we decided to leave and end up having fast food on outlr way home. Part of the beauty of the food hall was that it catered for all needs and budgets and could be taken away to eat when you wanted instead of having to sit down in a cafe and add another hour to your journey.
I do like the shops to browse in at kingsley, but I've never spent money in there as things are a bit too expensive in comparison to gift shops in nearby towns. I did however used to spend quite a lot in the food hall as you always see many things to tickle your fancy. It will be missed!

5 Thank Natalie K
Winsdor
“Unique Shop”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stopped in here as we frequently do on our way down to Cornwall and as always it was worth while - even with the food hall closed it didn't disappoint. Cafe was seriously yummy and staff friendly as ever- managed to pick up beautiful Mother's Day pressie in craft hall- result!

Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Very disappointed at Food Hall closure”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have always rated the Food Hall as it was possible to obtain unusual foodie bits that are not generally available in the supermarkets. I was also impressed by their butcher (great sausages amongst other good quality meat) ) and fishmonger, being able to get fish fresh from Newlyn. I usually made a point of travelling there from near Falmouth to stock up at least once a month. However I shall not be visiting very frequently in the future as there us a perfectly good Next in Truro and Hayle. It seems to me that they are now more inclined to want the Summer visitor trade rather than local people. The cafe does nice food but that alone would not be enough for me to go there as there are so many excellent eating places nearer home. My overall rating prior to the Food Hall closure would have been much higher.

10 Thank Trewedna
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“CLOSURE OF FOOD HALL”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The excellent food hall at Kinglsey Village is closed and will re-open as a Next Store some time in 2014.

4 Thank A30A38