“A Good Place Gone Rotten”
Review of Kingsley Village

Kingsley Village
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Fraddon
More attraction details
Owner description: Open from 8:oo am till 6.oo pm
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Then food hall here WAS excellent in every respect. In fact the reason the ugly building was allowed there at all was because it would be a centre for Cornish Local Produce and the food hall was the main attraction without doubt. Now for presumably no reason other than making a fast buck it is closed down to make way for a "Next Store" Something you can find in any high street anywhere in the UK including Truro and Hayle.

I hope the whole scheme or should I say scam fails as it is a complete betrayal of what was a good and quality concept. I suspect the gift side of the business will crash without the traffic that the food hall brought in. Another doomed project in Cornwall which should never have been allowed the change of use planning in my opinion.

5  Thank Stephen C
in 7 reviews
"jewellery"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've been visiting the superb food hall at Kingsley village for a number of years on my regular business trips to Cornwall. The meat from the butchers was always excellent and the venison significantly less than we pay locally at home but still top quality. The selection of fish was very broad and so so fresh! The vegetables all brimming with goodness. The pulled pork rolls a naughty delight!! I shall miss my stops here, where they understood about quality and service. I certainly won't be stopping for Starbucks and McDonalds or any Cornish Next! It's such a shame when corporate money takes over from true local quality. If anyone know if the butchers and fishmongers have re-located elsewhere let a desperate me know ;-))
PK

5  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The food hall was the best part of leaving cornwall when driving back home as we'd always stop for the lovely local food. The pulled pork baguettes used to be a firm favourite, and the cakes etc were amazing. However, on our last journey home we stopped in only to see a sigm stating that it had been closed and a next wss going to be put in... a NEXT! Really?!! Do we not have enough of these shops around without taking away a very unique food shop??!! We decided to have a look upstairs and after noting the price of their very expensive meals we decided to leave and end up having fast food on outlr way home. Part of the beauty of the food hall was that it catered for all needs and budgets and could be taken away to eat when you wanted instead of having to sit down in a cafe and add another hour to your journey.
I do like the shops to browse in at kingsley, but I've never spent money in there as things are a bit too expensive in comparison to gift shops in nearby towns. I did however used to spend quite a lot in the food hall as you always see many things to tickle your fancy. It will be missed!

5  Thank Natalie K
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stopped in here as we frequently do on our way down to Cornwall and as always it was worth while - even with the food hall closed it didn't disappoint. Cafe was seriously yummy and staff friendly as ever- managed to pick up beautiful Mother's Day pressie in craft hall- result!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have always rated the Food Hall as it was possible to obtain unusual foodie bits that are not generally available in the supermarkets. I was also impressed by their butcher (great sausages amongst other good quality meat) ) and fishmonger, being able to get fish fresh from Newlyn. I usually made a point of travelling there from near Falmouth to stock up at least once a month. However I shall not be visiting very frequently in the future as there us a perfectly good Next in Truro and Hayle. It seems to me that they are now more inclined to want the Summer visitor trade rather than local people. The cafe does nice food but that alone would not be enough for me to go there as there are so many excellent eating places nearer home. My overall rating prior to the Food Hall closure would have been much higher.

10  Thank Trewedna