“Dont bother going.. no more Food Hall”
Review of Kingsley Village

Kingsley Village
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Fraddon
More attraction details
Owner description: Open from 8:oo am till 6.oo pm
Newquay, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dont bother going.. no more Food Hall”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very disappointed at the lack of Food Hall... and what appears to be a Next being built in its place..

I thought that one of the whole reasons that that eyesore of a building and complex was allowed by the planning process was to promote Cornish Produce..

NEXT = Cornish ??? I don't think so !!!

The Food Hall and its excellent produce was the only reason I visited the place... used to purchase all my meat and fish there.. the Deli used to be good too... Now sadly all gone..

Looks like the owners have pulled a fast scam... sorry shant be visiting again... and I'm a local..

So very sad :-((

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Diggercarl

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tight Fisted in Cafe”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We have called in about once a month for breakfast-usually the smoked salmon with scrambled egg which is good.

Today we were only given one slice of toast instead of the usual two. When we asked why we were told that we would have got two slices with the plain scrambled egg but the policy is that we should only have one slice with the smoked salmon and scrambled egg- very stranged since it costs more and we have normally got two slices on previous occasions.

This sort of scrimping on an inconsistent basis is guaranteed to hack us off! The egg was not up to its usual standard either.

Cornwall
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Good Place Gone Rotten”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Then food hall here WAS excellent in every respect. In fact the reason the ugly building was allowed there at all was because it would be a centre for Cornish Local Produce and the food hall was the main attraction without doubt. Now for presumably no reason other than making a fast buck it is closed down to make way for a "Next Store" Something you can find in any high street anywhere in the UK including Truro and Hayle.

I hope the whole scheme or should I say scam fails as it is a complete betrayal of what was a good and quality concept. I suspect the gift side of the business will crash without the traffic that the food hall brought in. Another doomed project in Cornwall which should never have been allowed the change of use planning in my opinion.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Stephen C
Milton Ke
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So so sad”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I've been visiting the superb food hall at Kingsley village for a number of years on my regular business trips to Cornwall. The meat from the butchers was always excellent and the venison significantly less than we pay locally at home but still top quality. The selection of fish was very broad and so so fresh! The vegetables all brimming with goodness. The pulled pork rolls a naughty delight!! I shall miss my stops here, where they understood about quality and service. I certainly won't be stopping for Starbucks and McDonalds or any Cornish Next! It's such a shame when corporate money takes over from true local quality. If anyone know if the butchers and fishmongers have re-located elsewhere let a desperate me know ;-))
PK

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Paul K
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“No more food hall!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

The food hall was the best part of leaving cornwall when driving back home as we'd always stop for the lovely local food. The pulled pork baguettes used to be a firm favourite, and the cakes etc were amazing. However, on our last journey home we stopped in only to see a sigm stating that it had been closed and a next wss going to be put in... a NEXT! Really?!! Do we not have enough of these shops around without taking away a very unique food shop??!! We decided to have a look upstairs and after noting the price of their very expensive meals we decided to leave and end up having fast food on outlr way home. Part of the beauty of the food hall was that it catered for all needs and budgets and could be taken away to eat when you wanted instead of having to sit down in a cafe and add another hour to your journey.
I do like the shops to browse in at kingsley, but I've never spent money in there as things are a bit too expensive in comparison to gift shops in nearby towns. I did however used to spend quite a lot in the food hall as you always see many things to tickle your fancy. It will be missed!

5 Thank Natalie K