“Food Hall closed :(”

Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Fraddon
More attraction details
Owner description: Open from 8:oo am till 6.oo pm
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Popped in on the way home from down west today to be surprised and saddened by the closure of the food hall. I did see the Next sign but hoed it would only form part of the new building. Reading here it seems not. Love to know how much Cornish created stock they now sell.

The Food Hall was excellent and it will be missed but we won't be popping in any more now it has gone. I don't need a Next - there are two in Plymouth plus there is a directory I can buy from online.

3  Thank Keswick

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

How sad the fabulous cornish supermarket has closed to make way for yet another next store it was a total pleasure to shop there now won't bother whoever agreed this must be very anti small business and promotion of cornish produce so wrong

4  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very disappointed at the lack of Food Hall... and what appears to be a Next being built in its place..

I thought that one of the whole reasons that that eyesore of a building and complex was allowed by the planning process was to promote Cornish Produce..

NEXT = Cornish ??? I don't think so !!!

The Food Hall and its excellent produce was the only reason I visited the place... used to purchase all my meat and fish there.. the Deli used to be good too... Now sadly all gone..

Looks like the owners have pulled a fast scam... sorry shant be visiting again... and I'm a local..

So very sad :-((

4  Thank Diggercarl
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We have called in about once a month for breakfast-usually the smoked salmon with scrambled egg which is good.

Today we were only given one slice of toast instead of the usual two. When we asked why we were told that we would have got two slices with the plain scrambled egg but the policy is that we should only have one slice with the smoked salmon and scrambled egg- very stranged since it costs more and we have normally got two slices on previous occasions.

This sort of scrimping on an inconsistent basis is guaranteed to hack us off! The egg was not up to its usual standard either.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Then food hall here WAS excellent in every respect. In fact the reason the ugly building was allowed there at all was because it would be a centre for Cornish Local Produce and the food hall was the main attraction without doubt. Now for presumably no reason other than making a fast buck it is closed down to make way for a "Next Store" Something you can find in any high street anywhere in the UK including Truro and Hayle.

I hope the whole scheme or should I say scam fails as it is a complete betrayal of what was a good and quality concept. I suspect the gift side of the business will crash without the traffic that the food hall brought in. Another doomed project in Cornwall which should never have been allowed the change of use planning in my opinion.

5  Thank Stephen C