“Closed despite EU Funding”
Review of Kingsley Village

Kingsley Village
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Fraddon
More attraction details
Owner description: Open from 8:oo am till 6.oo pm
Reviewed 3 July 2014

When the site was built, it received EU Convergence funding of £650,000 to "promote Cornish food and produce".
Tragic that despite this, the lure of corporate profit was more attractive.
Sad loss to Cornwall.

5  Thank TruroRod
There are newer reviews for Kingsley Village

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Popped in on the way home from down west today to be surprised and saddened by the closure of the food hall. I did see the Next sign but hoed it would only form part of the new building. Reading here it seems not. Love to know how much Cornish created stock they now sell.

The Food Hall was excellent and it will be missed but we won't be popping in any more now it has gone. I don't need a Next - there are two in Plymouth plus there is a directory I can buy from online.

3  Thank Keswick
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

How sad the fabulous cornish supermarket has closed to make way for yet another next store it was a total pleasure to shop there now won't bother whoever agreed this must be very anti small business and promotion of cornish produce so wrong

4  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very disappointed at the lack of Food Hall... and what appears to be a Next being built in its place..

I thought that one of the whole reasons that that eyesore of a building and complex was allowed by the planning process was to promote Cornish Produce..

NEXT = Cornish ??? I don't think so !!!

The Food Hall and its excellent produce was the only reason I visited the place... used to purchase all my meat and fish there.. the Deli used to be good too... Now sadly all gone..

Looks like the owners have pulled a fast scam... sorry shant be visiting again... and I'm a local..

So very sad :-((

4  Thank Diggercarl
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We have called in about once a month for breakfast-usually the smoked salmon with scrambled egg which is good.

Today we were only given one slice of toast instead of the usual two. When we asked why we were told that we would have got two slices with the plain scrambled egg but the policy is that we should only have one slice with the smoked salmon and scrambled egg- very stranged since it costs more and we have normally got two slices on previous occasions.

This sort of scrimping on an inconsistent basis is guaranteed to hack us off! The egg was not up to its usual standard either.