“One night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fraddon
Taunton, United Kingdom
“One night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed in this premier inn as we were attending a birthday party near by. The rooms were clean and welcoming. Staff were very friendly, nothing too much trouble. Breakfast in the morning was well cooked, staff friendly and helpful. Considering we paid. £29 plus breakfast, I consider good value for money

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road. Also visit the retail outlet near by
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The staff were very accommodating and helpful, particularly as travelling alone. The room was spacious and the attention to detail etc. was good. Excellent evening and breakfast menu. I didn't eat in the restaurant but received prompt room food service instead. No problems here at all, would stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This Premier Inn, although next to a main road, is comfortable, clean and reasonably quiet. The staff were friendly and efficient, especially the breakfast team who were very welcoming, particularly to a lone traveller.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Worksop, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Having stayed at this travel in previously, I thought I knew what to expect. Checked in and the hotel room was great usual high standard for a premier in (I was in a group of 7 in total). Booked a table for dinner and this was the disappointing part. The bar staff were rude and unhelpful. I asked for a 55 orange and was told "No" and not even offered an alternative. I had to remind the same team member that the children's meals were in fact two courses otherwise would have only got one. When the other meals I ordered arrived I was very disappointed, cold and not like when I have stayed in the past. My meal was full of chunks of egg shell, yuk. Very disappointing!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Zoe J
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newquay (A30/Fraddon) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Worcester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a well earned break a few days ago. Was greeted by a young girl on reception who appeared friendly enough but that's when we started to worry.
My wife and I were immediately informed that she was glad we weren't part of the 'family' rush because they were short on clean laundry so there wasn't enough sheets or something to go round that day. That gave us the impression that some guests or even we would have to endure dirty linen that day, but to our relief, the linen was clean (don't think we needed to be told that though). There is supposed to be some kind of standard greeting when you check in to Premier Inn Hotels, unfortunately we didn't get that either. We were not told of the good night guarantee, check out times or restaurant times either, pretty awful really.
Anyway, we got to our room, unpacked and proceeded to the bar to look around, we decided to stay and eat as it was a Sunday roast.
Firstly, I ordered drinks for my wife and I. I was told by a pretty uncaring barman that they didn't have any 'Pinot' so we would need to have something else........so we opted for an alternative white wine. We waited quite a while to be shown to our tables then we proceeded to order, we both opted for the roast and me being a little particular selected the turkey and the beef only to be told that the remainder of the turkey had been reserved, reserved for who? And since when have you had to reserve meat? So I just had the beef and that was that.
Tired and a little angry, I went back to my table and went to take a sip of my drink, I have never tasted any thing like it, it was flat and tasted horrible. I took it back only for the same bar man to pour me another from the same tap which ended up exactly the same, again I asked for a change thinking if I selected a different lager, it would be better. How wrong was I, the alternative was exactly the same, flat and foul tasting. I think the pipes or the glasses needed cleaning because something was not right, I also explained to the barman that they needed to get a technician or something in to look at it only to be told "those two guys have just purchased two pints and they're ok". Well Mr Barman, I spoke to those two customers and they too weren't happy but they weren't staying anyway, and to boot I had a terrible nights sleep because of that ditchwater I was served.

We went out during the remainder of our stay to a charming little pub called the Blue Anchor, just up the road and enjoyed a reasonably priced meal with a couple of drinks in CLEAN surroundings, with CLEAN glasses from CLEAN pipes.

On the whole, the restaurant, dirty looking - food on the floor - rude and uncaring staff - terrible lager and dirty glasses.

Hotel - supposed quiet zones, woken up by the staff banging about both mornings - poorly trained reception. We will not be staying again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen M
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newquay (A30/Fraddon) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

i have worked all over the country and all my life worked away from home but i can honestley say i do enjoy staying at the PREMIER INN staff so freindley and the meals are so good every thing you need is on the door step no hasle parking just the job why did no one think of premier inn 40 to 50 years ago

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Grantham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked here for one night and was pleased that it was no longer.
The only thing in its favour was the very pleasant young lady on reception who was very helpful.
The room we were first given was awful with an opening slit for a window up near the ceiling, a roof light and very little space. On commenting on the lack of a proper window we were told it was because we had booked a double room which was a ridiculous excuse. We were moved to a family room which was a big improvement but it still looked rather tired with chips to the enamel in the bath and stains on the carpet. We were advised to book for dinner at the adjoining restaurant as it would be busy. This turned out to be an under statement but I don't no how anyone would want to visit again as the service and quality of food was rather poor. This is the first Premier Inn that we have visited and now know why we usually use Holiday Inn Express when possible.

Room Tip: Don't book room no. 34
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newquay (A30/Fraddon) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fraddon
Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel
Premier Inn St. Austell Hotel
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#12 of 38 in Newquay
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Premier Inn Camborne Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Newquay (A30/Fraddon) Hotel? Share your experiences!