“Lovely relaxing place for an afternoon”

Pellows' Cafe Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is an excellent tea room in Newton Ferrers about 10 miles from Plymouth, offering traditional tearoom fare,breakfasts and light lunches, with dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings. Bookings are advisable for the evenings only.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a very quite quaint tea room in a beautiful village with yummy food and polite staff, I was delighted with the service and quality of the food. Its cute inside and very relaxing the staff and nice a friendly too- perfect way to spend a couple of hours.

8  Thank Claire J
There are newer reviews for Pellows' Cafe Restaurant

Reviewed 11 March 2014

On the 2nd of March 2014, I went here with my Mum and my Dad for afternoon tea. We are very pleased with the service as the member of staff was friendly and welcoming; we were served quite quickly and our order was also good (which was a scone, coffee & walnut cake, toasted teacake, two lattes and an Americano). As well as that, it is a small place located in a quaint town, so the surrounding area was nice too. Overall, I enjoyed the trip there and thought it was a nice place to go on a Sunday afternoon. We will be visiting again!

11  Thank Emma110798
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We have been back again since the name changed to pellows as we werent too impressed when the new owners first took over. We thought given time to settle down it would improve. ...What a shame a chefs hat etc just doesnt cut it for us we judge someones capability by the goods delivered to the table. And I must agree this gentleman could do with some basic baking tips as previously this place was so popular and the food allong with the price was just great. It was so nice to have somewhere to visit that was just a bit different offering quality and good service the previous owners made it look so easy. Ive based my review on Quality, price, feel and atmosphere there are far more better places to visit and eat locally without having to travel to here.

9  Thank castersugar
Reviewed 30 January 2014

All I can say is bring back the original owners and make it Tea on The Green again....the new place is too modern and lacks the charm of the original restaurant and it also lacks the wonderful desserts made by the previous owner's wife who made the most wonderful cakes.....we will NOT return. It is a shame that the previous owners had to retire....no longer charming, but cold and sterile.....ugh!

14  Thank giles41
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was the Tea Room on the Green but has been metamorphosed into a different kind of place. Right to have changed the name because it's different in character and ethos. Straightforward tea shop and cafe by day and a sort of cafe/bistro/restaurant on some evenings. Not quite sure what the evenings are setting out to be. In a smallish village there is a fair bit of competition from the Dolphin pub just down the road, the Yacht club for those with an in, and the busy puns over in Noss. I'm not sure whether the River Yealm Hotel where I frequently ate as a child still operates. Pellows' is fresh venture. I'm not sure what to make of it. We came in on an afternoon for a reasonable tea and cake and then went for a walk ober at Stoke Beach. When we came back to Newton Ferrers we looked through the windows out of curiosity. Looked a bit formal and therefor not that much like a bistro but we shall have to try it ourselves.

14  Thank Cr0wM