“Came here for lunch with my”
Review of The Dolphin Inn

The Dolphin Inn
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jonathan and Nicky are delighted to be running the Dolphin Inn. We are bringing back the dolphin to her original good food and drinking pub. We are dog and children friendly , everyone is welcome ! Serving home cooked food and fresh fish daily. Please check Facebook for updates and menus and food times.
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Came here for lunch with my dad. I had the lamb burger- DELISH! Dad had the mussels, also v tasty.
Portions were perfect, service was super friendly and fire was lit- proper job.
Cheers 😁

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank rosemaryj263
nickyb901, General Manager at The Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Thank you so much 😊 appreciate your review
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

My husband and I visited on a Friday in January and were pleased to find this charming county pub bubbling with activity. With a roaring fire and stunning views across the water to Noss Mayo this is definitely somewhere to pay a visit! We were warmly welcomed by the the lovely landlady and landlord (Nicky and Jon) who treated us like locals from the moment we arrived. We were spoilt for choice for dinner with lots of fantastic dishes & pub classic dishes on the menu, as well as the specials board - many of the ingredients are locally sourced which is always a massive plus point. I had the Thai green curry which was the best I have ever had and my husband had The Dolphin burger which was huge and delicious! Even though we were pretty full from our mains we managed to squeeze in a dessert which we did not regret! Its was lovely to see this pub brought back to its former glory, if not better and to see so many of the locals enjoying such a relaxing evening which is no doubt down to the new management. We will definatly be returning in the near future.

Date of visit: January 2020
nickyb901, General Manager at The Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2020

Amazing review ! Thank you sooooo much and so glad you enjoyed yourselfs. Hope to see you again when your next on your travels :)

Reviewed 14 January 2020

Going out of season, this is a very friendly pub, good selection of beers and gins (spotlighted on the shelf), real fire, lovely friendly locals, dogs welcome - couldn't have had a better local for our stay.

Date of visit: January 2020
2  Thank 767stevem

lovely thank you for your review ! Hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 27 December 2019

A wonderful experience with such friendly staff and superb food. The fresh oysters were divine, as well as the fresh fish options- cooked to perfection. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2019

Amazing ! thank you so much :) hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 21 December 2019

I grew up with my parents taking me to The Dolphin pub for hearty food after a brisk walk around the cliffs, it was always the best pub in the area - But sadly it seemed to go down hill the years following whenever I came back.
I can safely say it's exactly how i remembered it all those years ago, i'm not sure if it's new owners, or just a complete revamp, but it's the perfect pub again. Fantastic food, friendly staff and just a wonderful atmosphere. If you're in the area it's well worth your time heading to the other side from Noss.

Date of visit: December 2019
nickyb901, Manager at The Dolphin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2019

Amazing thank you! yes me and my partner have just taken her over (march!) brought her back to life after years of neglect ! so happy for this review hope to see you again soon :)