“Fantastic - what a find”

Edensor Tea Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Edensor
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Edensor Tea Cottage is a licence cafe and tea rooms in the village of Edensor on the Chatsworth Estate, serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. We are open daily apart from Christmas Day and take reservations for breakfast or lunch. We also have rooms available for private parties. Our food is always freshly cooked and wherever possible using local ingredients from the Chatsworth Estate or Derbyshire.
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We used to go to the café at the farm shop but we stumbled across this place almost by accident and we are so glad we did; it's brilliant. The food is definitely home made. We only wanted a drink but one look at a passing plate persuaded us otherwise. We had the most wonderful cake imaginable and my coffee was the best I've had for ages. We can't wait to go back for something more substantial.
The service was spot on - I even left a tip; something I rarely do.

To find the tea shop head for the church in Edensor it's opposite with parking on the road. I don't believe you'll regret it.

1  Thank Helen935
Sam T, Owner at Edensor Tea Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Thanks so much for your superb review following your visit to the tea rooms, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit

There are newer reviews for Edensor Tea Cottage

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Loved this place, so quaint and not to busy, Food was very good and so was the service well worth a visit

1  Thank SubaruDerbyshire
Sam T, Owner at Edensor Tea Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

It was really good to receive your review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit.
Hope to see you again soon - thanks again

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We visited here before Christmas after a trip to Chatsworth House, we did not even know it existed but for the signs.
The place was busy and we sat near a lovely wood burning stove that really kept it warm and made for a pleasant atmosphere.
A Good choice of food, nicely presented and tasty too - service was fine also.
The village was busy with walkers and we also had a visit to the lovely Church.

Thanks so much for your positive review, I am genuinely so pleased that you enjoyed your visit here, we are still learning so review such as yours are most pleasing to receive.
Thanks again

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We often have lunch at the Chatsworth Farm Shop Restaurant, but my Mum and I decided to drop down to Edensor to try the tea rooms there. We arrived just after 1pm on a quiet Wednesday and there were only a few customers eating. We ordered the daily special hot meal which was steak and kidney pie, plus a pot of tea for two. The tea arrived promptly but it took far too long for the main dish to arrive - 45 minutes. Like a previous reviewer we could have gone home and back in that time. On the plus side we were offered a top-up of our tea as by the time the food arrived it had gone cold. The service was mediocre, no real connection with customers. We won't bother returning but stick to the Farm Shop Restaurant in future.

1  Thank NigelJWHall
Sam T, Owner at Edensor Tea Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Obviously I am disappointed with your review, it would appear that you visited on the same day as the previous reviewer and can only reiterate that we have taken steps to resolve the staffing situation that resulted in the long wait on a unexpectedly busy day.
If you wish to give me a call on 01246 582315, I would be very happy to talk to you.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We arrived at 1pm on Wednesday. Ordered two bowls of soup while a mother and daughter at a neighbouring table ordered coffee and sandwiches. Their coffee arrived in 10 minutes; our soups after 20 minutes. Lots of people sat waiting patiently then waited some more. I ordered a cheese sandwich at 1.25 and it arrived at 1.55. The mother and daughter duo ( who were celebrating mum's birthday) had yet to get their sandwiches. Now, when you wait so long you really cease to care if the food is worth eating or not. It was but really an hour for soup and a butty! We live in Sheffield and I really could have gone home, made a sandwich, eaten it and driven back to the tea rooms just in time for their food. "Bad day?" I asked the lad at the drinks station. Yes he nodded. He wasn't on his own.

2  Thank Adrian B
Sam T, Owner at Edensor Tea Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thanks for your review.
It has been extremely difficult to plan our staffing over the last few weeks, still in our first year, we really did not know what to expect through the winter and on some days we have clearly got it wrong and I can only apologise for the unacceptable wait that you encountered on the day you visited
We have taken steps to address the problem and hope you notice a difference the next time you visit.
I am pleased that the food was to your liking.