“Visit to Endensor Village, Chatsworth Estate. 10.07.14”

Edensor Tea Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Edensor
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Edensor Tea Cottage is a licence cafe and tea rooms in the village of Edensor on the Chatsworth Estate, serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. We are open daily apart from Christmas Day and take reservations for breakfast or lunch. We also have rooms available for private parties. Our food is always freshly cooked and wherever possible using local ingredients from the Chatsworth Estate or Derbyshire.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

On my visit to see the Queen and Prince Philip on the 10.07.14, I came unexpectedly across "Endensor Village" which is situated to the right of the main entrance to the Grand House itself. I must say, I never realised this little village was in existence and needing a drink in the hot weather whilst awaiting for local transport was informed there were tea rooms in Endensor. What a beautiful charming find this was! A little tea-room tucked away in a corner and could be almost missed but for the asking. A stone built café with the most delicious array of cakes and beverages and also St. Peter's Church, set on a hill where Kathleen Kennedy (sister of the Kennedy family) is buried. Kathleen was married to one of the heirs of Chatsworth and he was killed in action. Kathleen was also killed in an aircrash and answers a mystery as to why she is buried at Chatsworth in Endensor Village.

1  Thank Wonderful0615

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Following our annual golf exchange with Chatsworth Golf Club 25 ladies walked up the road and into Edensor the Tea Cottage is on your left. There was plenty of room for us and the meal and service was excellent. Good sized portions at very good prices. I would highly recommend it.
We have booked to return next year.
Fabulous.

1  Thank Pipes60
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After a visit to Chatsworth Gardens we stopped at the Edensor Tea Cottage in the small viallage of Edensor for a light lunch. The service was excellent with good homecooked dishes but, unfortunately, they don't cater for vegans. However, they were able to serve me with a very generous beetroot salad and even asked what they could put on their menu suitable for vegans. The restaurant, outdoor seating areas and toilets were clean and there is a small car park.
Well worth visiting for breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon tea.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Beautiful sunny morning, could not fault food or service. Rocky Road to die for - excellent homemade products.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My daughter took us and her family to this restaurant on Father's Day for a treat for me. Oh dear. Been many times for a full breakfast before and no problem, but this time I could have poached an egg better with the reflection of that building in London, it was simply gloopy and opaque on one half and quite cool. I would never have served everything but the sausage almost cold and none of our party were happy with what they had. Our daughter said on the way out that as she had paid she could say it "It was rubbish". We had said nothing in order not to spoil the day, which is why it was not raised at the time.
Next time we'll go to The Smithy at Beeley.

2  Thank Albert W