“Great view, great value!”
Review of Carlton-Marion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellville
Carlton-Marion Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Yellville B&B and Inns
“Great view, great value!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I travel a lot for work, but frequently go to Yellville to visit family. For me, hotel rooms are generally the same; as long as they look clean, I just want to sleep and leave. However, The Carlton-Marion Inn has a few things going for it that I rarely find. It is a mom-n-pop place, and I always see the same faces. After a couple of visits, they remembered me by name and always made me feel welcome. It sits right above Crooked Creek (where I have spent many hours) and has a great view of the valley. Their rates are very reasonable, much better than what I am accustomed to in more populated areas. If you are familiar with Yellville, then you know the location is convenient to many of the surrounding attractions (Bull Shoals Lake, the Buffalo and White Rivers, and my favorite, Crooked Creek!). There is one other motel in town that I stayed at several years ago, but it just didn't have the same charm. I plan to stay with the folks at The Carlton-Marion many more times!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jeanesat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Carlton Marion inn in yellville Arkansas is an old time motor court that has been refurbished and offers great rooms with comfy beds, great showers, a nice pool, all for a great price. The owners are fantastic- thanks for a wonderful relaxing stay!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank RoadCaptainRoss
Reviewed 12 July 2013

There was a ton of flies which I could have dealt with. The shower head in the bathroom has a constant drip. Then we fell asleep for about an hour. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I got up my fiance said he saw a scorpion run back under the blanket after I got up. I was instantly in a panic mode, and he moved the blankets til he caught it in a plastic cup from the room. We made sure it couldn't get out and started shaking out our things to gather them to leave. During this we came across 5 beetles 4 alive and got away and 1 laid half dead on the floor by the door. We told the owner about the scorpion and even brought it to them. We were given our money back and told that there was no way for them to harm us as the ones around here are not poisonous. As we were leaving we realized just how it got it there was a good half in. Gap under the door and on the side towards the bottom. I will never go here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank unstated
Glenda R, Owner at Carlton-Marion Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
It is very regretful that this young lady experienced such an unpleasant stay at our inn. We have worked very hard to maintain a clean and pleasant place for the past eight years; which has brought much enjoyment and accomplishment to us. On a very regular basis we are given compliments for our efforts. Upon the departure of the young lady, we promptly inspected the room. The bugs mentioned were not found at that time. There was a small one half inch space at the lower part of the front door through which light could be seen. We had not been aware of this before, and it has now been repaired as well as the shower drip. Our place is regularly maintained by a good pest control service. Apparently, due to the heat, the culprit found the crack at the bottom of the door to the room and made entrance to the cooler air. Fortunately, the variety in the beautiful, natural state of Arkansas is equivalent to a bee sting. It is our goal for each customer to have a satisfying experience at our place. In this instance the customer was promptly given a full refund.
Vermillion, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Memorial Weekend. It was very clean, very good price and even though the place had families and friends staying there and booked to capacity, it was amazingly quiet at night. We had very restful, peaceful evenings and the staff was very friendly and made sure we were aware of "Music on the Square" the night we arrived and the best place for BBQ. We were very impressed and will stay here again. I'm glad I booked in advance. The owners make sure the guests are comfortable, welcome and consideration of others is encouraged.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen B
West Memphis, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My brother, sister, and I recently went to visit relatives in Yellville. We found this motel in the city and were very pleased. It had been remodeled and was very clean. They had WiFi available, but we didn't need it. The bathroom was very small, but it was clean. We were able to get 2 rooms for less than we could have spent for one in a larger town. If you're looking for clean and affordable and aren't looking for fancy, this is the place.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank possesheriff
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Carlton-Marion Inn is a cozy, clean, and comfortable property nestled in the heart of Yellville, the seat of Marion County, Arkansas. Many Ozarks activities are within minutes of this property, including canoeing or tubing down the Buffalo River or many other streams and rivers in the area, fishing in the abundant lakes of the region, or sightseeing through the rural countryside. This classic property is reminiscent of the drive-up motels along Route 66, and after you check in with Ken or Glenda, you will park your car in front of your room's door.

Our room was well maintained, with low-pile carpeting, TV with cable channels (including the Disney channel, much to our son's delight), clean bathroom fixtures, and a coffee maker. Free Wi-Fi is also available throughout the property. We were in a room with two double beds, and the mattresses were plush and springy. The sheets were white and pristine, and the homey touches and decor throughout the room made us feel like we were staying in a friend's guest room. Having stayed in multiple chain properties of many quality categories, both my wife and I have to say that we could not fault this room in any major way.

There is a pool at the back of the property, and the views of the surrounding countryside are spectacular from that vantage point. There is a Harps grocery store, bank, library, and multiple restaurants all within walking distance. Razorback Ribs down on the creek rivals any barbecue in Texas! The motel also has an ice maker for guests to use.

While the room was acceptable, there were some small details that could stand improvement. The shower, for one, was very poorly lit. Also, and this is not necessarily anything the owners can control, but next door to the motel was a rooster that began crowing as soon as the sky started to change from dark to dawn. Country living, indeed!

If you are ever in Yellville or the area for a night or two, we recommend the Carlton-Marion Inn for a taste of Ozarks charm. If we have the need to stay in Yellville again, we will definitely stay here. Ken and Glenda will do their best to make you feel at home!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the rooster.