“Pass on this one” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlton-Marion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellville
Carlton-Marion Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Yellville B&B and Inns
Oklahoma
“Pass on this one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went over on a last minute float trip and this was the only place available but after reading the reviews, I thought we'd try it. We got an "Executive King" room but it smelled very musty…the carpet and furnishings are very old and in dire need of updating. Overall the room smelled bad, a combination of old carpet and sulphur. The blinds in the room are so thin that at night, the outdoor light for each room made it so bright in our room that we couldn't even think of sleeping. I had to hang our beach towels over the blinds to get some semblance of darkness in our room but when the sun came up, that didn't even help.
Although the little town of Yellville is quaint and this place is easy to find, I wished we had driven over to Harrison and gotten more for the $75 we spent here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AksmithOklahoma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife I took a motorcycle trip to Yellville over the weekend to enjoy the roads, rivers and wildlife. What we didn't expect was such a great Inn just off the main drag. The owners of the Carlton/Marion were wonderful and even offered us an upgraded room after we chatted about what we were needing. They offered several things for us to do and we enjoyed the entire visit. Our room was very nice, very clean and quiet. Comfortable bed, nice linens and patio chairs to relax. We'll be back as soon as time allows! Thanks Glenda and Ken for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jerri w
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed at the Carlton-Marion Inn several times over the years while on fishing trips and visits with family in the area. The rooms are always extremely clean and comfortable. Management is very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely stay here on future trips.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Kellitoklahoma
Hamburg, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I both grew up in the Yellville area. We had come up for one night for a family baby shower. We were both pleased with the room we were provided. We had a king size bed that was comfortable and the pillows too. The room had t.v., refrigerator, microwave, plus a nice hot shower and let us not forget the two recliners. The room was clean and the price was very reasonable. We will definitely stay there again.

It was too cold to swim so I have no comments on the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Kathy C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I travel a lot for work, but frequently go to Yellville to visit family. For me, hotel rooms are generally the same; as long as they look clean, I just want to sleep and leave. However, The Carlton-Marion Inn has a few things going for it that I rarely find. It is a mom-n-pop place, and I always see the same faces. After a couple of visits, they remembered me by name and always made me feel welcome. It sits right above Crooked Creek (where I have spent many hours) and has a great view of the valley. Their rates are very reasonable, much better than what I am accustomed to in more populated areas. If you are familiar with Yellville, then you know the location is convenient to many of the surrounding attractions (Bull Shoals Lake, the Buffalo and White Rivers, and my favorite, Crooked Creek!). There is one other motel in town that I stayed at several years ago, but it just didn't have the same charm. I plan to stay with the folks at The Carlton-Marion many more times!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jeanesat
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Carlton Marion inn in yellville Arkansas is an old time motor court that has been refurbished and offers great rooms with comfy beds, great showers, a nice pool, all for a great price. The owners are fantastic- thanks for a wonderful relaxing stay!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank RoadCaptainRoss
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

There was a ton of flies which I could have dealt with. The shower head in the bathroom has a constant drip. Then we fell asleep for about an hour. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I got up my fiance said he saw a scorpion run back under the blanket after I got up. I was instantly in a panic mode, and he moved the blankets til he caught it in a plastic cup from the room. We made sure it couldn't get out and started shaking out our things to gather them to leave. During this we came across 5 beetles 4 alive and got away and 1 laid half dead on the floor by the door. We told the owner about the scorpion and even brought it to them. We were given our money back and told that there was no way for them to harm us as the ones around here are not poisonous. As we were leaving we realized just how it got it there was a good half in. Gap under the door and on the side towards the bottom. I will never go here again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank unstated
Glenda R, Owner at Carlton-Marion Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
It is very regretful that this young lady experienced such an unpleasant stay at our inn. We have worked very hard to maintain a clean and pleasant place for the past eight years; which has brought much enjoyment and accomplishment to us. On a very regular basis we are given compliments for our efforts. Upon the departure of the young lady, we promptly inspected the room. The bugs mentioned were not found at that time. There was a small one half inch space at the lower part of the front door through which light could be seen. We had not been aware of this before, and it has now been repaired as well as the shower drip. Our place is regularly maintained by a good pest control service. Apparently, due to the heat, the culprit found the crack at the bottom of the door to the room and made entrance to the cooler air. Fortunately, the variety in the beautiful, natural state of Arkansas is equivalent to a bee sting. It is our goal for each customer to have a satisfying experience at our place. In this instance the customer was promptly given a full refund.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yellville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 16 in Mountain Home
Brass Door Motel
Brass Door Motel
#1 of 1 in Gassville

Been to Carlton-Marion Inn? Share your experiences!