“so what”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Whats the fuss about . I think this place is famous for being famous. It was a hole in the middle of the desert. I could not get myself to eat here as it looked old and grotty. I did get a cup of coffee which was well .. average. There where a lot of people here eating,but I thought the prices where high and it did not look appealing to me and the gyros looked like the minced version and not real; meat . . I would probably stop by to see what the fuss is about, but really its not worth the effort if you are in a hurry.

1  Thank RickX01

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stop here or at their State Line location for the best Gyro EVER! The meat is so flavorful and melts in your mouth! No road trip from CA to Las Vegas would be complete unless we stopped at the Mad Greek either coming or going. And even though the prices are probably a bit high for a roadside burger joint the food has NEVER disappointed. Don't forget some baklava...always fresh...the pistachio one is my fav!
Also open 24 hours.....

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Authentic Greek food in....well, no offense, the middle of not much. I had the chicken gyro which featured chunks of actual chicken, not nasty slices of chicken roll, with tomatoes and sauteed onions, placed in a puffy but sort of crunchy warm pita pocket -- again, the authentic stuff, not supermarket pita. It was a meal that came with fries, and was about $9, but definitely worth the price. For dessert I chose the pistachio baklava which was outstanding -- sweet and nutty, but not overwhelmed by honey. If I'd known how good it was going to be, I would've tried to bring some home on my plane flight.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped for breakfast on way to Lauglin. VERY glad we did! Big portions, Eggs and Gyro = 3 eggs, pile of seasonsed potatoes and a pile of Gyro meat, plus a grilled soft large pita. Meat is melt in your mouth excellent! Potatoes are REALLY good! Eggs done perfect and the pita was best EVER! Daughter had Sausage and Eggs with the potatoes, all really good! Neat decor, statues kind of racey for my 12 year old but fit the Greek theme. VERY clean place, restrooms were also clean. Will go back. . . actually I don't think our vehicle will bypass Baker ever again. :) almost forgot, pastries are homemade and out of this world! :) Cool outdoor patio too. And they make shakes with fresh fruit and sell Pita's by dozen $3.99. If you bought breakfast with the Gyro and bought extra pitas you are set for picnic lunch. :)

1  Thank Desertswimmer
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A must stop. Excellent Gyro fresh with plenty of meat. It was as good as you can get. Place is a lot of white and blue, and very busy, so try to get ahead of lunch or dinner.