“Avoid using the restrooms here... Disgusting”
Review of Alien Fresh Jerky

Alien Fresh Jerky
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Baker
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Driving back from San Diego to Las Vegas, we decided to stop here for a bathroom break and check the place out. When we walked in, it was pretty crowded. We went straight for the restrooms located in the back of the store. The ladies room stunk and there was toilet paper all over the floor and on the back of the toilet. I used some new toilet paper off the roll to pick up the toilet paper off the back of the toilet. To my surprise someone had pooped on the back of the toilet and was using toilet paper to conceal it. TOTALLY GROSS!!! (Not sure how long it had been there but with how much toilet paper was on the floor, I'm guessing the restroom hadn't been attended to for some time.) I washed my hands only to discover the paper towel dispenser was empty. This put me in quite a predicament because I needed one to use to turn off the sink and to open the bathroom door, (I didn't want my clean hands touching anything in that bathroom.) I used my shorts to dry my hands, then had to use toilet paper off the roll to turn off the sink and to open the bathroom door. Yes, I was grossed out and irritated! My husband said the men's room was just as nasty.
The merchandise in the store is pretty unique. The hot sauce bottles had some funny labels on them. They were selling bags of "Ghost Jerky" which were just empty bags of jerky, (interesting) and the walls were covered with different flavors of jerky. We didn't purchase anything. Bags of jerky were over priced.

All reviews
"kids will love"
"mad greek"
"sweet and spicy"

Reviewed 30 April 2014

They did a good job at making this place speciel and it is worth a stop if you drive by anyway, i would not plan my trip to get here.
There is lots of jerky in the store and lots to look at/buy if you feel like it.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

One of my must stop places along I15 , beef jerkey, a cup of coffee makes the drive a lot more enjoyable
Several kinds of jerkey (some to spicey for this old guy) but always the challenge to try a new flavor
Besides it just a neat place to stop and walk around a bit while driving to from Vegas

Reviewed 6 April 2014

As far as roadside stores go, this one is fun and quirky. I enjoy jerky and hot sauces, so of course I found several products to buy. The one disappointment was the actual jerky. I found it to be rather tough and was not all that impressed with the flavors that we bought. Sure, I'm likely to stop in again to stock up on hot sauce, but doubt I'll give the jerky another try.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Baker used to be a fun way station on the way to Las Vegas. However, with the growth of the Primm Resorts at the Nevada Border, most travelers can easily make the stretch from Barstow to Primm. Sadly, Baker, the home of the world's largest thermometer, has seen much better days. The only thing brightening up the town is the Alien jerky store on Baker Blvd. Although the jerky, canned nuts, and other fun items are a bit overpriced, it is still a fun place to hit off of I-15. The rumor is that a multi-million "alien" hotel is going to be built just behind the jerky store. I don't know who would want to stay there but it sure would go a long way to reviving this once thriving road stop.

Been to Alien Fresh Jerky? Share your experiences!