Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield North-Airport
US$145
US$141
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfresh fruitfast food restaurantsbakersfield northbreakfast was deliciousgreat place to stayroad tripwould stay here againoatmealbusiness tripeasy accesssmoking roomthe breakfast areaupon checkfront desk clerknice staysan franciscostayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Arrived about 8:30pm on a Friday night for a one night stay and still had the room I requested. Everything was clean and quiet except the doors to the rooms. I must add that the doors to the rooms are very loud when they close. The constant bang from the other rooms gets annoying but it didn't go on for too long. Bed was super comfy and bathroom was clean with lots of fresh towels. The hot breakfast in the morning was a wonderful extra and they had plenty to choose from. It wasn't just your normal pastries and cold cereal, they had a wide variety of breakfast items. Didn't have to stop somewhere to eat on my way out. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

How nice to arrive after a very long drive and to be greeted by such nice people! Check in was extremely smooth given the busy lobby. The hotel was sold out the night I was there. My room was more than adequate. I found the room to be clean, quiet, comfortable and everything was in great working order. My bed was comfortable. The bathroom was beyond clean, so much so that it looked brand new. Wi-fi worked wonderful. Breakfast was your typical Hampton breakfast and everything was available, plentiful and hot. Check out was smooth as well.
Some people have made comments about the location, but I found nothing wrong with the location. Easy off and on from HWY 99. There is a Denny's nearby if you prefer a sit down meal. Also, plenty of fast food in the area...McDonald's, Del Taco, Jack in the Box and Subway.
Definitely will stay here in the future if I should be in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank smokymtndeb
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Excellent one night stay earlier this week. (It was supposed to be for two nights -- but needed to cancel the second night. The manager let me do so without penalty, even though I was inside of the 24 hour time frame for canceling).

Very nice Studio Suite. Very helpful staff. Decent breakfast with biscuits and gravy. Yay!!!

One note: Pay attention to the directions on how to get here from BFL. It's NOT obvious and if you turn where you would think (when you can see the hotel ahead of you and to your left) you'll end up on CA99 with no way off for a couple of miles).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Hampton Inn & Suites is quickly becoming a favorite stay for us. To quote a regular guest of Hampton Inn & Suites ... "Staying at HI&S my body does not know it's not at home. No matter where the HI&S is located or how it is designed ... the bed is always the same and I get a good night's sleep and rest." He knows what he's talking about. The beds are consistently the same ... very comfortable.

We ask for a king bed, upper floor away from the elevator. Upon arrival we were greeted with a friendly smile by the receptionist at the front desk and we were given the room we requested. The hotel was very clean and quiet. Our room was spotless, well appointed (sitting area, micro, refrigerator, desk/chair and free wi-fi) and very comfortable. The bathroom was large with a great shower and extra linens. All for a very reasonable price.

They offer a very nice selection of items for breakfast, both hot and cold. As well as packing a "sack breakfast" if you request it.

This is another GREAT Hampton Inn & Suites!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We came on this hotel because Homewood Suites changed their pet policy. This hotel is clean, modern and has very friendly staff! We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room has a bar size fridge and a small microwave. I would say this is exactly the same layout has the Holiday Inn in Bakersfield (except no micro or fridge at Holiday Inn). We had room 212 which was beside the exit staircase. If you are a light sleeper like me, then I would ask not to be placed near the the exit. The hotel was busy, but not too noisy. They have complementary beer and wine with a small selection of appetizers and a cookie at check-in. Considering I was very miffed from my experience with Homewood Suites and not in the best of moods, the staff were very friendly and helpful and did their best to accommodate us with the dogs.

We will definately stay their again.

Room Tip: Like sleeper ask for the top floor corner room
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family