My husband and I stayed here after a grueling slog through Orange and LA Counties on a Friday night and knew that since we would be at a Sharaton property it would be welcoming, easy, comfortable and nice.
When we arrived about 8PM, and pulled into the porte-corchere, we noticed that the hotel looked like an aging disco queen. The front door was solid wood double doors with steps leading up to them, flanked by two seventies-looking ceramic urns. We noticed a pretty but dated looking stained glass window. We dragged our suitcases up, but realized that we should have left them in the car because we needed to drive to the back of another building.
The desk attendant was busy with another guest and did not acknowledge that we were waiting to check in. We did check in soon enough though and were sent to the back of the 400 building on the second floor. After walking up and down the hall with all our stuff, we realized THERE WAS NO ELEVATOR! And we couldn't find the stairs anywhere inside BECAUSE THE ONLY WAY UP WAS TO CARRY OUR STUFF UP THE EXTERIOR CONCRETE STAIRS, STICK THE CARD KEY IN, PROP OPEN THE DOOR, GET THE KEY OUT AGAIN AND GET IN THE ROOM. Keep in mind, we are "Gold" status. Also there was trash on the landing.
Now the room was big, nice and comfy, with a big business desk and comfortable beds and a large plain white bathroom, BUT there was NO luggage stand, NO pen and paper pad, NO robes which Sheratons usually afford, and the plug to the bathtub was broken. I called to complain, and was informed that there were no robes at all. A replacement sink plug was handed to us along with the luggage stand and the pen and paper. The microwave wasn't completely clean and seemed dated. There were no actual drawers for clothes, just pull out containers.
The next day I passed the yawning desk attendant to work out in the fitness center, where the TV faces away from the treadmills, and the water cooler was empty. It smelled rubbery.
On the good side, the bed was very cozy, warm and comfortable and the rolling TV/side table is a perfect invention for a hotel room.
Leaving the next day, we hobbled down the exterior stairs again with our stuff and hit the road.
Bottom line: rooms are OK to nice. Exterior and public areas seem somewhat neglected/dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield is located in the heart of the business district, with scenic sights and sounds and a short walk to corporate offices. 6,800 square feet of event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Bakersfield Hotel Bakersfield
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bakersfield
- Sheraton Bakersfield
- Four Points Bakersfield
- Bakersfield Sheraton
- Bakersfield Four Points