“Much better than I expected”

Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Vancouver, Canada
“Much better than I expected”
Reviewed 22 April 2010

Any concerns arising from previous negative reviews were banished as soon as I arrived at the registration desk. Although the room was a tad noisy, everything else was fine. The hotel has a lovely garden and pleasant pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Koleman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We appreciate your business!

We look forward to serving you in the near future!

Kole Siefken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I came here on business and the garden area around the pool "Wowed" me. It gave me a calming feeling with beautiful shooting water features. The rooms were spacious and the food at the restaurant, The Bistro, was awesome. I recommend this hotel to any leisure of business travelers who wants a nice place to stay with a beautiful scenery and great food. I will be back.
S Grid

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
FPSBGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, 26 April 2010
Thank you for the time to write this great review of our property! We really appreciate the kind comments.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Got this hotel via Hotwire for the last night of a cross country trip. Lets just say I didn't finish on a high note with this hotel. When I got to my room, the bathroom clearly had not been cleaned. Used soap, hair in trash can, towels on floor. In light of all the other housekeeping complaints for this hotel in previous reviews, I am surprised they haven't fixed the problem yet. My second room was fine, but there were still signs that the housekeeping crew is subpar. My second room also had with a door to an adjoining room. I could hear every word of the conversation in the next room. The only positive thing I have to say about this place is the rooms are cheery, well lit, and updated with a flat screen TV. Parking is free and motel-style, right outside your building. This is definitely on the low end of 3 star hotels I have been to. I wouldn't choose it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate the feedback!
wa
Reviewed 28 February 2010

The hotel smelled foul upon entering. The staff was terrible as so the food. Wouldnt let my dog spend the night.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Thanks for your recent review of our property! Rest assured we are doing our best to resolve this issue and again we are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We certainly hope that you give us a second chance.Kole SiefkenGeneral Manager
Arizona
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I've posted my share of bad reviews for hotels so it's a pleasure to be able to give a thumbs up for a change. Among it's competitors in both amenities and price this is an outstanding deal. I've stayed at 3 different Four Points now (mostly recently the one in Bakersfield) and have liked all of them. If you're into free breakfast and coffee this might be the one for you but if you're into friendly and responsive staff, a reliable, repeat RELIABLE, free airport shuttle, a computer and printer to print out your boarding pass, a clean, comfortable and quiet bed and bath, you're gonna' love this place. The pool in Bakersfield is a nice feature as the rooms that face out onto it with small, open patios with chairs. I didn't have an opportunity to use it, but it was inviting enough that I noticed it. Just a good experience all the way around and all three times. I look for these hotels now when booking travel wherever I go. They're a winner!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your awesome review. We appreciate the feedback!Kole SiefkenGeneral Manager
California
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I am a SPG Member for a variety of reasons, not least of which is the fact that great hotels like the Four Points in Bakersfield are usually offered for around 4,000 points. I have stayed at this location 3 times now when I have business in Bakersfield - twice with points and once through Priceline for $37 (plus tax, of course). I usually like to write reviews after I have stayed at a place a few times to make sure great service is consistent - at this hotel, it truly is their modus operandi. In a word, I find this hotel STELLAR. While I can't compare it to other hotels in the region, I can compare it to other hotels worldwide and I would recommend it highly and without reservation or condition.

PROS:
1. Front desk: always efficient, courteous, and receptive to needs or wishes. I have stayed in the main building every time, in a King room on the 2nd floor somewhere near the main entrance - every time.
2. Room: I have always had a room that smells good, looks fresh, is clean, functional, and pretty large. Nice bedding, good bath products, all the necessities for a business trip (including fridge, microwave and free internet that works well). And even a bottle of water is included.
3. Grounds/Pool: The grounds of the hotel truly are beautiful. They have a creek and waterfalls that, after a hard day at work, are nice to meander through and let your mind relax. The pool, although too cold to use on my January visit, is awesome in the summer. Large size and well kept, with towels readily available and plenty of places to sit/lay out.

CONS (only one minor!):
1. Desk: The desk in the room is a bit awkward to use because the chair doesn't quite fit due to the armrests and there is a bar near your feet that you will likely bang your leg on a couple times. It definitely looks like a remnant from the 80s. However, it is clean, smooth surfaced and usable.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your awesome review. We appreciate the feedback! Kole Siefken General Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 December 2009

The Four Points Sheraton is my home away from home. Great service . Lori & Denise are always the nicest people, and have a way of making me feel right at home. The rooms were very nice since the remodel. They had wireless , which was nice. The pool and landscaping are always lovely. The cleanliness of the rooms was also a treat! I would definetly recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
koleman69, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this review, 1 April 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feeback!

Kole Siefken