“Lovely people who run it”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bakersfield Central
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I walked in and got a reasonable rate for the night for my family. The people who run the place were kind enough to clean the pool straight away for us to have a swim and spa.
Breakfast the next morning had a good choice, including fresh fruit.

A reasonable place to stay for one night as we did.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 September 2012

On our trip north, we stayed at another Ramada, in Bakersfield. Very nice, good condition, etc. However in my haste...I chose this motel/location. And when we arrived, the check in: fairly average...service sub par. Then came the room. Oh my, the room. First of all....the dust and dirt was noticeable w/o lights. Chairs; counters; all surfaces. No blankets on queen beds, just sheets/cover. Normal items on counter not there. I always need refir/frzr and micro. They were in OK condition, with a thick layer of ice in frzr...but useable. Sooo, went up to the office and spoke with employee. Asked if the Corp. reps come to check on this property. Yes. When was the last time? Last Feb. Asked about Gen. Mgr. and the standards of the property. No real answer. Asked if any employee checks the comments on line for property. That's the G.M. job. So I had person write a note of what was needed for the room, regarding complete cleaning...and supplies. That Was cared for timely. On one hand, should I have demanded my money back and went else where? Of course that was an option. But I have a mindset....that the property needs to meet My demands for a comfortable/clean/reasonable room. So we stayed the night, our last before leaving for home next day, ending an approx. 3800 mi. driving trip. So this was not a pleasant last night! Breakfast in a.m. was below par: No idea of how to keep up with things: i.e. waffle batter, empty...needed to go make more. Butter/marg. in refir below. Took out container, bottom full of water, with One floating container of marg. Told about that....corrected....+ very little choices, had juices; bread....limited items.
There just isn't any interest from the management to keep this property in Any kind of acceptable condition. And I think the Corp. Needs to get on this property Asap! I was told by the employee that business had been down for a couple years due to economy. Well, also, with rooms in that condition...I wonder why. They did pick up some late drivers, needing a sleep....but otherwise, about 4 of us in the lot. I could go on, but won't. Think I've said more than necessary already. But the bottom line is: No, No, No. Wake up management....and put some effort into your property. And do not blame the "house keeper" of not doing their "daily job". I kept saying, this mess has been going on more than One Day, Please !! So foks: chose another property if you wish to be comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had been bouncing around and a two week out of town work trip and landed at your place on the last night. I must say that it was clean, quiet, and the gentleman running you establishment was great. I would in the future, spend the extra time on the road knowing I would be getting a good nights sleep in a clean place. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 16 September 2012

In reviewing this motel I have to admit that I tend to view things through the prism of how much I paid and comparisons to other similarly budgeted places. That being said I enjoyed my stay. The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and helpful, the parking lot had ample parking and was separated from the street - and my room was just as I liked.

The room was fine - regular size, t.v., large mini-fridge, clean overall. I will admit the floor has seen some use but I didn't get any dirt on my bare feet so I'll judge it clean. Air conditioning worked great and the bathroom/shower was clean and functional. There weren't a lot of cars in the parking lot so I suppose my experience was without a lot of other residents. That being said the courtyard was quiet. Didn't use the pool.

So - would I stay here again? Absolutely, I feel silly I haven't stayed my numerous other times through Bakersfield.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Inn express off of California street after Quality Inn had messed up our reservations, and when we tried to get it straight, the girl was to busy to get off her cell phone and Facebook account to help us. We found the Ramada Inn Express, went to the front desk where we were promptly greeted, got a room with not problem and had a plesent stay. We will stay here again if we are up in Bakersfield

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were very pleased with our stay here. The rooms were very clean and Vic was very helpful at the front desk. We will stay here again when in the area. We have never stayed in a Ramada before but had heard good things from others who had. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to get ice from the machine. The lady at the front desk heard me out there and came out to make sure I knew how to work the machine. You had to use your room key and some people aren't aware of that.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
RamadaLtdCentral, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Bakersfield Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for your kind words. Guests such as yourself make our jobs easier and all the hard work worth it. Hope to see you, again, real soon. Thanks again, for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Manager was very pleasant and accommodating for extra towels & pillows. Rooms were clean, though one light switch didn't work.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time out during your family vacation to share your comments. The light switch in question was disconnected by a company that was sent by PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric), like I told you during your stay. I asked PG&E why the company disconnected these switches and they said that they will have the installers contact us. A representative from that company called back and said that only the switches that controlled the heat lamp were disconnected. I asked why wasn't it just covered up instead of being left there. She could not give me an answer and said that the installers were not finished with our property and will be contacting us before they return. I guess "Going Green" isn't easy.

It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. I hope you choose to stay with us again, if you find yourselves in our area. Thanks again, for all your feedback.