“comfortable room”

Comfort Suites Bakersfield
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 19 March 2008

Comfortable room. Nice shiny new looking reception area then you get out the lift on your floor to find old fashioned decor and carpets.. this continues into your room. Good selection of TV channels. An ok but not great breakfast is included too.

The hotel is clean and staff friendly.

Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed 10 July 2006

My complaints of this hotel are :

Not enough help.
Whenever we needed anything , we had to go to the front desk to get it.
We stayed twice , on the way to Disneyland and on our way back.
We complained that the bathtub would not hold water.
When we returned the next week, it was not fixed. We were told to come down to the front desk and pick up a plug.
The same guy who checked us in the night before, was also working the desk the next morning and replenishing the breakfast items. They need more front desk workers.
He was very nice though.

We used the pool , they gave us some pool tools, and then said they ran out.
They need to stay on top of washing/drying the pool towels and replenishing them on the weekends when they are busy. Once again, they need more workers.

The carpets were pretty grimy at this hotel. They need to get a carpet cleanerin there asap. This really brings down the appearance of the hotel

Overall, it was just OK for a one night drive through.

Unfortunatly, I probably wont stay there again and probably wouldnt recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank angellady
Reviewed 21 June 2006

I chose this hotel after reviewing all of the great reviews. It didn't live up to expectation. We checked in late on a Friday night after a hard bit of driving from the Bay Area. The young guy manning the desk was pleasant enough. The room was suite-sized, but not especially large. My main complaint was that the room was hot - Bakersfield is in the middle of the desert but it doesn't seem to cool fast at night - but the cheap in-room air conditioner was so noisy that it wasn't feasible to run it at night while we were sleeping. So it was a bit muggy while we slept. The complimentary Continental breakfast the next morning was also just so-so - everything was there, but it was a bit messy and the dining room is small so it was pretty crowded. I would choose a similarly priced Marriott hotel like a Courtyard next time.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank techconfgoer
Reviewed 29 April 2006

Yes, it's Bakersfield and chances are you are just passing through, but stay at this place. I chose this hotel based on the positive reviews on this website and was not disappointed. Rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed. Hotel was very clean and quiet. Staff was helpful and friendly. The price was reasonable. Breakfast was great. We were very happy. My son wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank 1tiredmama
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 6 February 2006

I often travel late at night, and hate the long check inns. The check in was very fast, perhaps teh fastest i have ever had. The young man working the desk was a great help with directions and gave me a break on the rate being so late at night he dropped the rate from $149.95 to $89.95, what a great deal with all the extras they give you. Best place to say, nicely decorated and friedly and experienced staff. Will always stay here. Highly recomend this hotel. Its simply the best in bakersfield

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Novato, California
Reviewed 19 July 2005

I have been staying at the Comfort Suites since it's opening day in August 2002. I spend quite a bit of time in Bakersfield for business and at this point back in 2002 was staying at 2 other hotels right next to where the Comfort Suites opened. As a woman who travels by herself on business, I was very excited when I met the staff at the Comfort Suites. For three years now, I and all of my workmates have been treated like family. My husband doesn't worry as much because he knows the staff at Comfort Suites will take good care of me. That is extremely important.

The hotel is always very clean and the rooms are great. I tend to work at the desk in the evenings and enjoy the extra space to get work done. I would recommend the Comfort Suites to any business traveler wanting to stay where the room is easy to work in and comfortable. Besides, there are also a million TV channels to watch when the work is done and the high speed internet is great too!

Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2005

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Suites of Bakersfield. It was indeed the Best of Bakersfield. I have stayed at just about all the hotels seeking a bargin, but decided to splurge a little and I am happy with my experience. From the fast, friendly check in to the clean and comfortable rooms, the freee deluxe breakfast, and the great staff, all make you feel right at home. I will recommend this hotel to all my co-workers and highly recommend to anyone who is planning there next trip to bakersfield.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled on business