Comfort Suites Bakersfield
US$164
Agoda.com
US$104
HIExpress.com
All reviewsceiling fanwafflesfront deskbit firmwarm chocolate chiproom was cleanhour fitnessworked perfectlyblack angus steakhouserestaurants within walking distancea long road tripnight staysmall poolking bedvery pleasant staynight's sleepwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2005

I love tripadvisor and took the reviewers advice and checked into the Comfort Suites in Bakersfield.

The hotel was great. I loved the fact that you had a single entrance past the front desk. It felt more secure than some of the surrounding hotels that had rooms that opened up to the outside.

The place felt brand new, and the rooms were spotless. A refrigerator, microwave and a sofa(that opened to a bed) were included with our two queen beds.

Plenty of room for a family of four. The continental breakfast was nice with homemade style waffles, and great cappachino coffee. The employees were very attentive to the smooth running of the breakfast area.

What I have to complement the staff on was the fact that they recovered my mother-in-law's wallet that she had somehow misplaced while in our room. They called me after we had checked out(before we had left town) and let me know they had found it. Everything was intact and accounted for.

They went out of their way to get it back to us. It made us feel we had made the right choice in our hotel selection. Thanks again to the Comfort Suites. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank video_guru
Reviewed 14 December 2004

This hotel appears to be quite new. It's nicely decorated with new-ish looking furniture, includes a mini-refrigerator & microwave (both spotlessly clean inside and out), very comfortable beds and pillows, super-clean bathrooms, and attractive decor in the lobby and hallways. Good selection of television channels ("expanded" cable including A&E, TCM, History Channel, Court TV, etc., plus HBO).

Front desk staff are efficient, friendly and helpful. I'm not familiar with Bakersfield, but the woman at the front desk gladly directed me to the nearest grocery stores and give easy-to-follow directions when I asked. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. Booking via the Choice Hotels website was a breeze, and I was given a detailed receipt when I requested one.

Everything in the room and in the hotel worked - the hairdryer, clock-radio, TV, ceiling fan, heating and A/C unit, toaster, lobby computer. There was even room service available, which I hadn't expected. The free breakfast was self-serve and included bagels, toaster waffles, cereal and fruit.

Don't get me wrong - this is a great place to stay, but it's not a resort property with crystal chandeliers, marble bathrooms and a concierge. What it IS is a spic 'n span, new, attractive and well-run business-class hotel and a great, reasonably-priced place to stay if you're just passing through or are planning to stay several days on business.

I recommend it highly and will be returning to the Comfort Suites the next time I'm travelling from the Bay Area to San Diego. Note: I paid the government rate, which is $76 per night plus tax - a terrific deal which meant I'm not out-of-pocket for the trip, but I didn't have to stay at a fleabag. Government travellers, check this one out!

• Stayed: January 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 29 August 2004

When we got to the Comfort Suites in Bakersfield it was very late and we were exhausted. I ran inside and the gentleman at the front desk said that they had rooms available for $85 a night, which was way less expensive than lots of places on the 5. I ran outside to get my wallet and when I came back in, he had the key ready for me and made an impression of my credit card. it was so easy - no filling out of cards or letting them know your license plate. I really appreciated the speed and ease of the check in because of being so tired. The room was really nice, spacious and had good cable channels - always a plus! The room was also very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was quiet, not a lot of road noise. The next day there was a continental breakfast that was pretty nice with a waffle maker, OJ, coffee, and even one of those 7-11 type latte/cappucino machines. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. Oh, and the rooms are decorated in a cool fashion too - very differently than what you might be used to.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2004

I found this hotel because I was looking for a place that had a gym (extremely rare in Bakersfield). Comfort Suites is right next to a 24-Hour Fitness and they give you FREE access as part of your stay. Somehow they manage to do this while keeping their rates under $100 a night. Fresh crispy creme donuts in the morning too -- yum! -- and since you can work out you don't feel guilty about eating them.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2004

The hotel was new, clean and had a very friendly staff. The hotel is right next to the Double Tree, Red Lion and Courtyard. Don't hesistate if you are thinking of staying here!

1  Thank rjp6902