Comfort Suites Bakersfield
US$104
Hotwire.com
US$164
Travelocity
All reviewsceiling fanwafflesfront deskbit firmwarm chocolate chiproom was cleanhour fitnessworked perfectlyblack angus steakhouserestaurants within walking distancea long road tripnight staysmall poolking bedvery pleasant staynight's sleepwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 6 February 2006

I often travel late at night, and hate the long check inns. The check in was very fast, perhaps teh fastest i have ever had. The young man working the desk was a great help with directions and gave me a break on the rate being so late at night he dropped the rate from $149.95 to $89.95, what a great deal with all the extras they give you. Best place to say, nicely decorated and friedly and experienced staff. Will always stay here. Highly recomend this hotel. Its simply the best in bakersfield

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Novato, California
Reviewed 19 July 2005

I have been staying at the Comfort Suites since it's opening day in August 2002. I spend quite a bit of time in Bakersfield for business and at this point back in 2002 was staying at 2 other hotels right next to where the Comfort Suites opened. As a woman who travels by herself on business, I was very excited when I met the staff at the Comfort Suites. For three years now, I and all of my workmates have been treated like family. My husband doesn't worry as much because he knows the staff at Comfort Suites will take good care of me. That is extremely important.

The hotel is always very clean and the rooms are great. I tend to work at the desk in the evenings and enjoy the extra space to get work done. I would recommend the Comfort Suites to any business traveler wanting to stay where the room is easy to work in and comfortable. Besides, there are also a million TV channels to watch when the work is done and the high speed internet is great too!

Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2005

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Suites of Bakersfield. It was indeed the Best of Bakersfield. I have stayed at just about all the hotels seeking a bargin, but decided to splurge a little and I am happy with my experience. From the fast, friendly check in to the clean and comfortable rooms, the freee deluxe breakfast, and the great staff, all make you feel right at home. I will recommend this hotel to all my co-workers and highly recommend to anyone who is planning there next trip to bakersfield.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 March 2005

I love tripadvisor and took the reviewers advice and checked into the Comfort Suites in Bakersfield.

The hotel was great. I loved the fact that you had a single entrance past the front desk. It felt more secure than some of the surrounding hotels that had rooms that opened up to the outside.

The place felt brand new, and the rooms were spotless. A refrigerator, microwave and a sofa(that opened to a bed) were included with our two queen beds.

Plenty of room for a family of four. The continental breakfast was nice with homemade style waffles, and great cappachino coffee. The employees were very attentive to the smooth running of the breakfast area.

What I have to complement the staff on was the fact that they recovered my mother-in-law's wallet that she had somehow misplaced while in our room. They called me after we had checked out(before we had left town) and let me know they had found it. Everything was intact and accounted for.

They went out of their way to get it back to us. It made us feel we had made the right choice in our hotel selection. Thanks again to the Comfort Suites. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank video_guru
Reviewed 14 December 2004

This hotel appears to be quite new. It's nicely decorated with new-ish looking furniture, includes a mini-refrigerator & microwave (both spotlessly clean inside and out), very comfortable beds and pillows, super-clean bathrooms, and attractive decor in the lobby and hallways. Good selection of television channels ("expanded" cable including A&E, TCM, History Channel, Court TV, etc., plus HBO).

Front desk staff are efficient, friendly and helpful. I'm not familiar with Bakersfield, but the woman at the front desk gladly directed me to the nearest grocery stores and give easy-to-follow directions when I asked. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. Booking via the Choice Hotels website was a breeze, and I was given a detailed receipt when I requested one.

Everything in the room and in the hotel worked - the hairdryer, clock-radio, TV, ceiling fan, heating and A/C unit, toaster, lobby computer. There was even room service available, which I hadn't expected. The free breakfast was self-serve and included bagels, toaster waffles, cereal and fruit.

Don't get me wrong - this is a great place to stay, but it's not a resort property with crystal chandeliers, marble bathrooms and a concierge. What it IS is a spic 'n span, new, attractive and well-run business-class hotel and a great, reasonably-priced place to stay if you're just passing through or are planning to stay several days on business.

I recommend it highly and will be returning to the Comfort Suites the next time I'm travelling from the Bay Area to San Diego. Note: I paid the government rate, which is $76 per night plus tax - a terrific deal which meant I'm not out-of-pocket for the trip, but I didn't have to stay at a fleabag. Government travellers, check this one out!

• Stayed: January 2005, travelled on business