“The boutique hotel was the reason we went to Bakersfield” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Padre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 62 Hotels in Bakersfield
Long Beach, California
“The boutique hotel was the reason we went to Bakersfield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

A weekend getaway from the Los Angeles area, Bakersfield seems far and close enough. Not being familiar with "Bako" I searched the hotels and the Padre had nice reviews and dreamy photos on various sites.

The hotel was the main reason for the destination. I didn't want to leave the footsteps because this hotel had various restaurants/cafes and bars to choose from inside. The decor is captivating and someone paid close attention to detail for everything! Relaxing ambiance in the patio and lounges. A soul/funk cover band played on Sunday night under the stars and hanging light bulbs.

Dinner at Brimstone - loved the huge chairs that make you feel like a small king. Tasty appetizers and burgers.
Breakfast at the Farmacy Cafe - best French toast I've ever had, my boyfriend said his pancakes were the best he'd ever had!

If they had a pool, hot tub, or day spa, it would be the icing on the cake! Not much for shopping around the area. Although we walked to a vinyl record shop, fresh juice bar, and consignment stores.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the patio below, may get loud.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Fresno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

The Padre is an excellent hotel to stay in. It was very clean and safe! The best part was the excellent customer service from the front desk staff, especially Nick. The staff was so friendly, from the valet to security. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bakersfield.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I love staying at the Padre because the hotel is newly renovated and the bar is really nice however if they could hire the front desk people at the Doubletree then the Padre will be the top hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
ventura, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I have stayed here a few times over the past couple months for business and must say that it is one of my favorite places to be.

It has a vintage modern feel that is like no other, similar to hotels in Las Vegas. Very classy and unique fun place but also relaxing. The rooms are spacious and comfy yet has a young fun feel as well.

The customer service is friendly and very helpful, they really go out of their way to make sure their guests are happy.

Overall I give it all the stars possible!

It is worth the extra 15-20 bucks compared to some other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Rialto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

This hotel's beauty and style surprised us because the price was so reasonable! We felt like we were transported to San Francisco as soon as we walked through the doors. If you love architecture, art, or design, don't even THINK of staying at a chain. We came in on Saturday night, and all the restaurants downstairs were "hopping"! When we got into our room and tested out that luxurious bed, though, we opted for room service. The food was delicious. The room was small, but didn't feel that way because of the high ceilings, huge window, and clever design of the bathroom. You just feel surrounded by beauty. Besides, you won't want to be anywhere but on that gorgeous bed reading or watching your flat screen. Everything was immaculate. Everyone who worked there seemed to take pride in the place. Breakfast the next morning at the Farmacy was also great, so we vowed to try the downstairs restaurants the next time we came. The next time we are driving through the middle of the state, we will make it a point to stay here. Rather than being a pit stop, Bakersfield has become part of the vacation!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

The Padre is AMAZING! After a long day at a fundraiser roping, the Padre staff moved vehicles in their vallet parking to be able to fit my horse trailer! The rooms were better than we expected!! Amazing place to stay!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

I took the advice of the several past guest of the Padre Hotel and I was highly disappointed! Although the hotels interior is excellent the location and view is terrible, for this reason I valet parked my vehicle only to find on the day of check-out that the parking attendant damaged my car while attempting to BACK INTO A PARKING SPACE! He did not the report the damage, i noticed it while exiting my car when going to breakfast. When i returned to complain there was not a manager on duty, and I'm still attempting to resolve the issue. Aside from my damaged Infiniti, my room was above the outside lounge, the music didn't end until 1am, it's so loud you're either forced to join in, or leave the room until the lounge is shut down. It wasn't the ideal romantic setting for a romantic evening with my lady for Valentine's Day. The HBO channel didn't work, my room key stopped working after my first night (elevator requires a key to access 3rd-8th floors) and upon returning from dinner I was required to show I.D. to enter the hotel (although I showed the bouncer my room key proving I was a guest) I'm assuming this was in connection with the lounge within the hotel. It's by far the worse experience I've ever had at a hotel, but more importantly, my lady was disappointed!

I'm from LA and I definitely wouldn't compare it to the quality hotels in LA. The experience definitely didn't match the expectations!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple