“If you have a nice car Go somewhere else. Boycott Valet Parking”
Review of Padre Hotel

Padre Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Agoura Hills, California
“If you have a nice car Go somewhere else. Boycott Valet Parking”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Let me start off by saying I really like this hotel BUT why can’t you park your own car ? We pulled up to the hotel and I was looking for self-parking lot and could not find it. I pulled up to Valet and asked and the first Valet said we don’t have self-parking. Then another valet parker said you can pull around the block and park in the public garage but you must be out by 11am. Then I saw the two valets start to fight because I think he wasn’t supposed to tell me. Then I checked in an inquired about the public parking lot and was told I wouldn’t get towed but I might get a 30 dollar ticket. Well 30 bucks is better than some kid driving my car thru downtown Bakersfield. I will never stay at this hotel again until you folks have self-parking.

2 Thank handsuplastyle
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for the review. Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with the staff to ensure improvement and the absolute best guest service. Unfortunately, since we are located in central downtown Bakersfield the area is all city parking, but our valet service guarantees a secure spot for your vehicle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A very nicely conceived hotel on a reasonable distance from Sequoia National Park. my wife and I stopped there after a visit to the national park and we were pleasantly surprised. We were warmly welcomed and given a nice room on the 5th floor. The room is big and well designed. And immaculately clean. We had a meal at the bar as their fine dining restaurant was closed for the night. The food was nice and service was once again friendly. The following day we had breakfast at their little cafe and it was all once again nicely done. The only downside is that for a hotel this big there is no gym or fitness center. All in all, we would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank The_Vargian
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
It sounds like you were able to enjoy most of what the Padre has to offer. We do have a fitness center available to our guests on our lower floor. I apologize for that not being mentioned at check-in. We hope you can visit us again and experience the fine dining restaurant and fitness center to make it the perfect visit! Thank you for the review!
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel fails to mention the club music blaring late into the night. The rest and relaxation promised in the brochure was overstated and sparse. In addition to not letting my girlfriend check in at the front desk, the customer service level at the the valet parking was leaving something to be desired. Instead of finding a reason why my car was not being brought up, i was given frivolous excuses about how i was mistaken about which car was mine. Meanwhile my girlfriend was getting oggled and catcalled to go home with the patrons of the club downstairs. Ladies and gentlemen, do yourself a favor. Do not waste your time or money with this "boutique" hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ericandrew
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I'm sorry to hear your stay was less than that of the typical Padre experience. Your feedback is appreciated and will be addressed with the staff so we can ensure the best service possible. Thank you for the review.
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed overnight to break up a driving vacation from San Francisco to Orange County, and I selected the Padre Hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews.
I am so glad I did!
The valet parking staff directed me to free, street overnight parking and helped me with luggage. The room--the "40 winks" model is the smallest--was quite large enough for one (or a couple) and was strikingly stylish. I liked the "glass wall" bathroom which added to the spacious feel of the room.
The bed was exceedingly comfortable.
The unexpected bonus was the superb cuisine in the restaurant off the lobby. Since I was staying overnight, I could indulge in one of their sophisticated cocktails and a sumptuous dinner with excellent service. I also ordered a pleasant breakfast (the menu had many options) the following morning in the cafe also off the lobby.
(I actually considered stopping overnight on the way back to SF, just to enjoy the food and comfort at the Padre Hotel. But duty called, and I drove non-stop from LA to SF.)

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and was on the 8th floor, facing 18th Street, which is apparently the main...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for the review! It's always a pleasure to hear about our guests' visits. We hope you can come back soon!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Padre Hotel offers a good service and has nice décor. Our room was very clean and we found good quality beds and curtains. Our room was a corner room, so we had windows showing North (Fox Theatre) and West. We would visit this hotel again.

Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you would visit us again. Hopefully you can make it back soon! Thank you for the review!!
Oakland, California
Reviewed 12 October 2013

So Bakersfield - not a typical destination - BUT - it is a MUST just for the Padre Hotel! Accommodations are fantastic - beds are super comfortable, linens are lovely and soft, bathrooms are marvelous - huge showers and a jetted tub for two that is second to none. Service was excellent too...including rooms service. We stayed twice - once in each direction on a road trip through the southwest. Am now trying to think of an excuse to go to Bakersfield...just to stay at the Padre Hotel again...

Room Tip: The Head Honcho Suites are FABULOUS! Each one different layout - higher floors are quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you enjoyed us, and that you came back so soon!
So Cal
Reviewed 1 October 2013

On the spur of the moment, we decided to stay in Bakersfield during a long drive home. A quick look on TripAdvisor, and we decided to give the Padre a try.

This was a great choice! The hotel has been completely remodeled. Our room was a roomy suite with a clever layout....the bathroom was the full length of the bedroom wall, such that you could get out of either side of the bed and have a door to the bathroom. The jacuzzi was filled by a water faucet located above it in the ceiling. Fixtures were all new style.

The hotel does host conferences/conventions, but we did not have any related problems affecting our visit.

The hotel is downtown, but it is easy to get to.

Wifi worked perfectly, but parking is not straightforward. It is probably best to use the valet parking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Spur of the moment trips are always the most fun! We're glad you were able to join us at the Padre. Thank you for the review and we hope you can visit us again soon!