“If you want interesting and fun in Bakersfield, this is for you.”
Review of Padre Hotel

Padre Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
London, United Kingdom
“If you want interesting and fun in Bakersfield, this is for you.”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Wanting to avoid the anonymous motels in Bakersfield this is an excellent choice. From the roof terrace bar to the restaurant and bars you can make a stopover in the otherwise deadly dull Bakersfield fun and interesting. Yes it's fairly expensive and you can see why but the valet parking is excellent value. Only downside is I feel breakfast should be included in the price. But there is a cafe so a coffee and a pastry saves you the hassle of looking elsewhere. If you can afford it, stay here.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear you were able to enjoy our Prairie Fire patio on your visit. The Padre has a lot to offer and we are proud that there are no other hotels like us in Bakersfield. We hope you can visit again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
San Diegom CA
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We grew up in the Bakersfield area so go there often to visit family. It has always been a problem finding a nice place to stay that didn't threaten to break the bank but then we found the Padre Hotel. Thank you TripAdvisor. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. We drive a nice car and prefer the safety and security of hotel valet service. Unfortunately, there are always some people who will complain about anything, We found the parking staff just as conscientious and courteous as the rest of the Padre's staff and parking was just $10 a day. On top of that, the rooms are well appointed, the food at both the Brimstone and the main restaurant was exceptional. My wife described the beds as nests because she slept so well. Count on our staying there again

Room Tip: During the week their chepet rooms (40 Winks) are the same price as the next level rooms (Mavericks...
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for the review! We appreciate your kind words and are so happy to hear that you'll be returning tostay with us again. We look forward to your visit!
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Look at our pictures to see just a few top notch details that I really appreciated when staying at this hotel.
Front desk, parking, maids, and elevator men we're all very helpful, and delightful to deal with. It made our stay one of the best stopovers spots to break up the long drive to Napa Valley, and Calistoga. I highly recommend this hotel as a stopover destination.

Room Tip: Stay on the 7th floor
1 Thank diane o
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for the review! We are so happy you visited and enjoyed the remodel. Your photos are wonderful! Hope you can visit us again soon.
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Let me start off by saying I really like this hotel BUT why can’t you park your own car ? We pulled up to the hotel and I was looking for self-parking lot and could not find it. I pulled up to Valet and asked and the first Valet said we don’t have self-parking. Then another valet parker said you can pull around the block and park in the public garage but you must be out by 11am. Then I saw the two valets start to fight because I think he wasn’t supposed to tell me. Then I checked in an inquired about the public parking lot and was told I wouldn’t get towed but I might get a 30 dollar ticket. Well 30 bucks is better than some kid driving my car thru downtown Bakersfield. I will never stay at this hotel again until you folks have self-parking.

2 Thank handsuplastyle
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for the review. Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with the staff to ensure improvement and the absolute best guest service. Unfortunately, since we are located in central downtown Bakersfield the area is all city parking, but our valet service guarantees a secure spot for your vehicle.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A very nicely conceived hotel on a reasonable distance from Sequoia National Park. my wife and I stopped there after a visit to the national park and we were pleasantly surprised. We were warmly welcomed and given a nice room on the 5th floor. The room is big and well designed. And immaculately clean. We had a meal at the bar as their fine dining restaurant was closed for the night. The food was nice and service was once again friendly. The following day we had breakfast at their little cafe and it was all once again nicely done. The only downside is that for a hotel this big there is no gym or fitness center. All in all, we would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank The_Vargian
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
It sounds like you were able to enjoy most of what the Padre has to offer. We do have a fitness center available to our guests on our lower floor. I apologize for that not being mentioned at check-in. We hope you can visit us again and experience the fine dining restaurant and fitness center to make it the perfect visit! Thank you for the review!
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel fails to mention the club music blaring late into the night. The rest and relaxation promised in the brochure was overstated and sparse. In addition to not letting my girlfriend check in at the front desk, the customer service level at the the valet parking was leaving something to be desired. Instead of finding a reason why my car was not being brought up, i was given frivolous excuses about how i was mistaken about which car was mine. Meanwhile my girlfriend was getting oggled and catcalled to go home with the patrons of the club downstairs. Ladies and gentlemen, do yourself a favor. Do not waste your time or money with this "boutique" hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ericandrew
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I'm sorry to hear your stay was less than that of the typical Padre experience. Your feedback is appreciated and will be addressed with the staff so we can ensure the best service possible. Thank you for the review.
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed overnight to break up a driving vacation from San Francisco to Orange County, and I selected the Padre Hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews.
I am so glad I did!
The valet parking staff directed me to free, street overnight parking and helped me with luggage. The room--the "40 winks" model is the smallest--was quite large enough for one (or a couple) and was strikingly stylish. I liked the "glass wall" bathroom which added to the spacious feel of the room.
The bed was exceedingly comfortable.
The unexpected bonus was the superb cuisine in the restaurant off the lobby. Since I was staying overnight, I could indulge in one of their sophisticated cocktails and a sumptuous dinner with excellent service. I also ordered a pleasant breakfast (the menu had many options) the following morning in the cafe also off the lobby.
(I actually considered stopping overnight on the way back to SF, just to enjoy the food and comfort at the Padre Hotel. But duty called, and I drove non-stop from LA to SF.)

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and was on the 8th floor, facing 18th Street, which is apparently the main...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for the review! It's always a pleasure to hear about our guests' visits. We hope you can come back soon!