“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
palm desert
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Long road trip with 2 mediocre hotels…. but the third night we landed at The Padre Hotel to enjoy a little luxury for a change. We were not disappointed.

We arrived at noon and enjoyed a delicious lunch in the bar. Very cool atmosphere.

The layout of our room was wonderful and the beds and linen, top notch. We liked it so much that we decided to stay in and have room service. We were not disappointed!

All the staff was great.

Room Tip: We were above the nightclub BUT did not hear a thing. We were told ahead of time too, which was thou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Wendy, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The Padre team works hard to ensure every guest has an exceptional visit, and it's great to hear you were able to enjoy the full Padre experience! We hope you can plan another trip and visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Vallejo, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love the groovy, cowboy glam décor. The beds are super comfy. It's a fantastic hotel and I have now stayed there twice. They have live music and the food is good. I was working until 2am and room service brought up a sandwich because they don't close.

But what made this trip amazing was Chris K. I interacted with him each stay and he was just phenomenal and kind. My last trip, I stayed a bit too long in the bar and I had forgotten to put something in the mail. I went to get the letter from my room and he noticed me when I returned to the lobby. I was walking to the post office next store. He walked with me, just to make sure everything was ok.

Both times, he's done something over and above to make my trip an 11 out of 10.

And, for the record, the hallway wallpaper is awesome!

Room Tip: They say the 7th floor is haunted, but they lie.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Suzi S
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello Suzi, thank you for the review! Chris is definitely an asset to the Padre team. From the one-of-a-kind accents like the wallpaper to the top knotch team members, the Padre is the place to be! Thank you for your continued patronage, we hope to see you again very soon!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We checked TA before we booked. They were pretty consistent and we were very pleased with what we found. The decor, quality and staff were all excellent. We ate a wonderful meal in the Belvedere Restaurant. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay in Bakersfield

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Genevieve! Thank you for the review! The Padre team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can visit us again soon!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Hot off the press: Bakersfield has a 4-star destination hotel that is almost single-handed reviving this ol' cowboy town. Sitting in my elegant room at the newly renovated Padre for my second visit within a month, I am moved to write my first review for TA. Good creative design should be applauded and promoted! The rooms are top-drawer and unique, the food and bar excellent, and the staff (locals like William B) make sure your every wish and need are met. I can't say enough good about this place. It is positively exciting. Check it out. You will come back over and over as have I. Damn straight!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Robin R
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi Robin! Thank you for such a fun review! We all love it when guests have fun with the quirky personality of the Padre. We hope you can visit us again soon, giddy up!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2014

3.5 stars. All the reviews are correct that the renovation here is very good, especially the rooms (the hallway wallpaper is a bit much), and that the bathroom lighting is too dark. Everything else is mixed:

-- Beds are very comfy but bedding had multiple holes in it
-- The lobby is not just primarily for hotel guests but is a major local party/drinking scene, which makes getting a quiet drink and meal in the bar impossible (disappointing since the hotel has such a historic vibe, but it's hard to appreciate it with all the noise). Service in the bar was very bad too. However, the Belvedere restaurant was quieter and food better than average, though the service wasn't very coordinated or polished.
-- Service at desk was wonderful, valet service was a little odd (the valets don't really bellman your bags for you, they just park the car, so it's a bit awkward unpacking the car while they wait). Morning service at Farmacy was excellent.

All in all I would say that this is a decent hotel option but the party scene makes it kind of stressful. Plan to hang out in your room since the rooms are the best/quietest place in the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi Veronica, thank you for the review and your honest feedback. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Belvedere Room and the luxurious amenities of the hotel rooms. The service issues you mentioned with the staff will be addressed. I can assure you that everyone on the Padre team wants to make every guest experience the best it can possibly be, so this feedback is a great tool to help everyone reach their full potential! Thank you, and we hope you can visit us again soon!
Salinas, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were happily surprised to find this gem in downtown Bakersfield. The surrounding area wasn't great but the hotel was an oasis. We especially enjoyed the fine restaurant. Although we had heard about the possible noise we weren't bothered by it. Only thing lacking was electrical vehicle charging facilities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hi Don K, thank you for the review! It's great to hear you enjoyed Bakersfield's finest luxuries. We hope you can visit us again soon!
London
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

A great stopover location when in California. The town of Bakersfield is great place and the Padre well designed and presented.
Great forty winks rooms with amenities and great value.
Living in the UK Padre and Bakersfield isn't well know it could be.
Downside is no prices put on bottles of water in the room and nothing written in info in room.
Not much noise and a great sleep
Upon leaving the valet ignored us shame as night before was great.
The Framacie cafe has a great offer but after waiting five minutes to be recognised let alone served our long journey ahead was left without breakfast, we walked out.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Hi JM19007, and thank you for your review and feedback! It's great to hear you enjoyed your sleep in our luxurious, super soft Isoform beds. I'm sorry to hear that the valet and Farmacy service left you wanting more. These issues will be addressed immediately and used as a learning experience for everyone. If you're ever in the states again, please let me know so I can accommodate all of your needs during your visit. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Padre!