“Amazing personal service.”

Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Sacramento, California
“Amazing personal service.”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is a breath of fresh air. My business travels are monotonous, but i always look forward to staying in Bakersfield. The Padre is the right amount of hip and professional. The rooms are awesome for the price, but it's also nice to leave the room and take advantage of the amenaties, food, and night life. The staff remembers you and takes great care of guest. One staff member in particular (Chris) is amazing. I believe he handles security. He'll give you the shirt off his back (not literally) to ensure you have a good say. I highly recommend this place for any type of traveler.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ddowns24
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi Ddowns24, thank you for the review! "The Padre is the right amount of hip and professional", what a great description! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to break free of the monotony. We hope you can visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Bakersfield, you have arrived! I’ve been begging Kimpton Hotels to open a hotel in the Central Valley. Padre you beat them to it!
I arrived and was greeted at the front desk with, “we’ve upgraded you”. Yup, they upgraded me alright, to Room #704! To anyone who has researched the Padre Hotel, the 7th Floor not to mention Room #704, are alleged to be haunted.
I can’t say that I encountered any ghosts during my stay, but I can say that I encountered a whole lot of good stuff. My stay was full of great customer service, great food and a nicely appointed room.
It’s time for us to stop saying for Bakersfield….. I travel almost weekly on business and prefer smaller boutique hotels vs chain hotels and I can say that the Padre met all of my requirements and more.
I’m looking forward to being able to travel to Bakersfield again and soon.
Thank you Padre!

Room Tip: Request to be away from the ice machines. If you like ghosts, ask for room 704.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cabogolf19
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi Cabogolf19, thank you for the review! The Padre is the most unique property in the Central Valley. We have guests come from all over and it is our goal to WOW them with service and amenities they may not have expected. We are tickled that you enjoyed your upgrade to 704 and hope you can visit again soon!
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I just like to say I had a great stay at your hotel. The one person that made the stay I commend is Chris you night security person. From making sure my new Vette was safe to going out of his way to getting us a late night bite to eat to some extra towels a perfect gentleman. I wish my employees had 1/3 of the personality and over all customer is rite attitude Chris has. I will be back to stay. We had a great time

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Carterpasch
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi Carterpasch, thank you for the review! The Padre team loves to share our enthusiasm with our guests, and it's always rewarding for us to hear compliments like this! We hope you can visit us again soon!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Let me say this first: the hotel is beautifully restored and the staff is kind and attentive. I should have been suspicious, however, when I checked in and was told, "We have you in a quiet room on the seventh floor and the club is closed tonight." I don't know what it is like when the club is open, but the bar downstairs was packed and the first sight upon entering my room was another bar with about six bottles of liquor and wine. Beneath the bar was a fridge filled with beer and soda.

So it was no surprise when we went to bed that there was significant noise from partying guests. That happens; it has happened in other hotels I have frequented.

The surprise came at 4am when a fight broke out above us: slamming doors, screaming, throwing objects. I grew fearful for ourselves - and for the woman in the room above us. Upon calling security, the hotel responded right away - which is good.

Now I understand that the hotel is not responsible for dysfunctional relationships - but they are responsible for a culture that encourages excessive drinking and partying.

It was too bad because I liked the hotel, but I would not return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laurie w
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi Laurie W, thank you for the review. I'm so sorry your visit to the Padre was not perfect. We strive to ensure every guest enjoys every minute of their stay. Much like other luxury hotels we offer mini-bars in our suites, but are happy to remove the items at a moment's notice for our guests. The noise disturbances you experienced have been addressed by management and we have created protocols with our guests' best interests' in mind. I hope you give us another chance, and please reach out to me when you are in the area again. I would love to give you the Padre experience you missed on your first visit.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My work requires me to travel quite a bit, and I have to say no one makes me feel more at home than the folks at the Padre Hotel! There's always a big smile greeting me at the front desk and check in is always a breeze. I never have to worry about getting a good room as they are all amazing. The decor is as glam, modern and unique as any hotel in New York or Los Angeles.

I always have a standing reservation at the Belvedere Room, which serves five star food and has excellent service. I try to book my overnight stays on Wednesdays as wine is half off on "Wine Wednesdays." The menu is extensive, but I'm partial to what I call the "Build a steak" as you pick your cut/rub/topping/sauce/sides to create the perfect steak you will ever eat!

Not to worry if formal dining isn't your thing, the bar has great food and charming atmosphere. There is also a pool table and lots of TV if you like sports.

I have to say, the thing that makes me feel most at home is Chris who works the night shift. My job involves appearing on morning television so I have to be up at 3AM for hair and make-up and Chris makes sure that I'm up on time and never lets me down! It's no standard hotel wake up call, Chris personally comes to my room and knocks until he is sure I am up. He always has my car and a cup of coffee handy when I'm leaving for the studio.

All in all, one of my favorite hotels in the US. If you are traveling to Bakersfield, forget an impersonal chain hotel... it's the Padre all day long!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MeredithCaseyRed
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi MeredithCaseyRed, thank you for the review! It's great to hear that the Padre is your home away from home. We strive to make every guest feel that way, from our wonderful staff to the delicious meals. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed again at the Padre. This is definitely the top hotel in the city. The atmosphere is always electric in the bar. The rooms are all wonderful, from the smallest to the grand ones. Service is top rate from the bell staff, front desk and servers. My only complaint is there is no fitness area and I have to go offsite for that.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi GolfGuy26! Thanks for the review and the kind words! The Padre is a unique addition to Bakersfield, and we couldn't be more proud! You're in luck - we do have a 24 hour fitness center located in the lower level beneath the lobby for our guests. We hope you can visit us again soon and put that equipment to good use!
palm desert
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Long road trip with 2 mediocre hotels…. but the third night we landed at The Padre Hotel to enjoy a little luxury for a change. We were not disappointed.

We arrived at noon and enjoyed a delicious lunch in the bar. Very cool atmosphere.

The layout of our room was wonderful and the beds and linen, top notch. We liked it so much that we decided to stay in and have room service. We were not disappointed!

All the staff was great.

Room Tip: We were above the nightclub BUT did not hear a thing. We were told ahead of time too, which was thou...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Wendy, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The Padre team works hard to ensure every guest has an exceptional visit, and it's great to hear you were able to enjoy the full Padre experience! We hope you can plan another trip and visit us again soon!