“Love! Love! Love!”
Review of Padre Hotel

Padre Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I actually live in Bakersfield so it may seem odd to stay in a hotel in the city where I live but I did for many reasons. For one thing, a very good friend of mine was visiting from Los Angeles with her boyfriend so I wanted to be sure they'd have a comfortable bed to sleep in for the night (as in, not my couch or living room floor.) I myself have always been in love with The Padre, even long before they renovated it and I had always wanted to stay the night there. In addition to that, we were planning on having a long night out on the town so it was nice being able to walk to and from the hotel to anywhere we wanted.

First off, the staff is great! They're friendly and everything I expect when checking in at any hotel. The room was fantastically beautiful, exactly what comes to mind when I think of a boutique hotel and of course the club is always a great place to hang out. The only thing that made me cringe is the "country" themed accents to the hotel. Just because this is Bakersfield, doesn't mean we have to be country. I really hate that stereotype. ;)

All in all though, I really love the place! I will definitely stay there again if the need ever arises!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheyanna D
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Cheyanna! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The Padre is part of Bakersfields' rich history and we love it when locals stop by and enjoy the experience with us! Be sure to be on the lookout for some GREAT deals coming up this May and lasting throughout the summer. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice place great food and comfortable rooms. Staff was friendly and efficient. We stayed 1 night passing through. Restaurant was enjoyable and Wednesday had amazing wine deals. Room was clean with a large bathroom and lather amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi rmm641! Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the finest luxury accommodations in Bakersfield (and our awesome wine deals, too)! We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on march 16th for my wedding night. Overall the room was beautiful. We only stayed for one night before leaving for our honeymoon.
My mother and grandmother paid for the hotel as a wedding gift.
A few days ago I got a call from my mother saying they'd charged 95$ to her credit card and that she had called and they told her wed taken a bottle of jack, m&ms and a monster. And they were certain I toon them and wouldn't do anything about it.
Let me be incredibly clear here: we took nothing from the room.
I called yesterday around 11am and was told something very similar: they were missing from the room. You took them there's nothing we can do. She then said just to be sure shed check the paper record and make sure it matched what was in the computer and call me back shortly.
No call back.
Called them again this morning and a girl at the front desk, Sarah, tells me the jack Daniels was charged "accidentally" but that I DEFINATELY took the m&ms and monster. (First of all. How rude!) I told her I didn't take anything and she tells me "well you didn't have to take them. If you ate them theyd be charged" how dumb did she think I am? I understand how a mini bar works.
Again I tell her we didn't touch anything. I was then told there was nothing she could do and a manager would call me back as soon as she was out of a meeting. 6 hours late no reply.
Call back again and they remove the charges. No manager needed.
There seems to be some scamming going around. There's no reason we should have been given that much of a run around.
Not to mention the staff was very rude and seems to have no customer appreciation. Please make sure to check your bills so that you don't get charged for purchases you didn't make

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nicole J
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hi Nicole, thank you for the review and feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your honeymoon. As the only luxury hotel in Bakersfield we are a popular destination for celebrations and we aim to make every guest experience 5 star, from our valet service to our exquisite room accommodations. I am sorry to hear this was not the case for you. Our suites do feature mini-bars and are checked by management each day, so I am sorry for the discrepancy that you encountered. The issues you have mentioned with staff communication will be addressed immediately. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our success is based off of feedback from our valued guests, and we take every review as an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have visited this hotel a few times and every time has been for business. The vibe is really cool here. I have eaten at the breakfast spot, had dinner in the main restaurant and a drink on the roof. All of these were super enjoyable experiences. The second you walk through the doors to this hotel, you almost feel like you are in Vegas, or at least a mini-Vegas. The staff is great, the beds are super comfy, and if you want to go outside of the hotel there are other restaurants close by. I cannot overstate how fun this hotel is.

The only thing...

If you have to be up there on the weekends, and you do not plan on staying out late at the club, might I recommend a room above the third floor, and not rooms 1-10. Of the four-ish times I have stayed here, it has only happened to me once but once was enough. I was on the fourth floor on the side right above the club and near the entrance to the hotel, Until the hour of 2am, I was intermittently woken up by the base line of the music, or the people outside drunkenly chatting and laughing. I am a decently heavy sleeper so it was not that big of a deal but I would consider it when you stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Tylskie, and thank you for taking the time to write a review! It sounds like you have been able to experience everything the Padre has to offer, from our scrumptious dining options to our ultra-comfortable accommodations. Our team is always looking for ways to make guest experiences one of a kind, and are happy to offer quieter rooms when the Prospect Lounge is open on the weekends. We hope you can stop by again soon!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I discovered this boutique hotel about a year ago thus it has become my primary location when in the Central Valley. A friendly greeting from the valet staff - Marco, Marcus, Steven, Erin to the smiling Paul (Belvedere Room - excellent dining experience) signal your arrivel at The Padre. The warm welcome of Jennifer, Janet, Matt et al. (Reception) will make you feel at home. The Padre Hotel's signature - attention to client comfort and service. Every room is elegantly presented, comfortable and clean. It is a peaceful abode away from home. Well done The Padre Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi Eightfold28, thank you for the review! Your commendations have been shared with the team and, needless to say, many smiles were had! We always appreciate hearing from our loyal guests. The Padre team works hard to provide the ultimate guest experience, and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is worth the drive off the Interstate. This hotel is a surprising find. The old building has a new life and best wishes to the Padre Hotel.

Kudo to William B for the extra help fetching our stuff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Yatz8261, thank you for the review and well wishes! We hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel is a breath of fresh air. My business travels are monotonous, but i always look forward to staying in Bakersfield. The Padre is the right amount of hip and professional. The rooms are awesome for the price, but it's also nice to leave the room and take advantage of the amenaties, food, and night life. The staff remembers you and takes great care of guest. One staff member in particular (Chris) is amazing. I believe he handles security. He'll give you the shirt off his back (not literally) to ensure you have a good say. I highly recommend this place for any type of traveler.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ddowns24
Jennifer J, Manager at Padre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Hi Ddowns24, thank you for the review! "The Padre is the right amount of hip and professional", what a great description! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to break free of the monotony. We hope you can visit us again soon!