“Location”

Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Thousand Oaks, United States
“Location”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Excellent stay. We stayed on the upper floor suite. Very clean and had a sofa bed as promised. Very quiet at night. They had a soccer and swim teams there that weekend so it was busy. Being up on upper floor helps with noise I guess, because did not have to put in ear plugs. Location is only weak spot. It was a safe area but in an industrial park setting. Starbucks right next to hotel.

1 Thank John S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Definitely meets the standards you would expect from a Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean and quiet, and beds were comfy. There are a few places to eat right by the hotel. If you need a hotel on the east side of Bakersfield, I think this is a great choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

van nuys, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We came for a soccer tournament, the hotel welcomed our soccer party and no problems with dealing with a lot of kids. Hotel looks recently upgraded, very friendly staff, lovely clean rooms and comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast was very adequate, lots of food and well maintained. Free tea coffees and fruits all the time in dining area. Would definitely stay again and great price with Hilton Honors and AAA prices.

Oregon
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Great Hampton queen room, clean, two comfy beds, fast internet. Great shower head and spacious bath. Breakfast good, although they had no unflavored dairy creamer for coffee and the attendant didn't speak English. But good anyway!

Atwater, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My family and I stayed here on our way to Las Vegas for a one night stay. Access is easy on and off of Hwy 58 which is very convenient. Check in was easy and fast and the room was clean and so was the bathroom. Breakfast in the morning is always nice having it in the hotel (a hot breakfast, not just a continental one) makes it especially nice when you have an entire family to feed. I accidently left my own pillow in my room after we left and called the hotel about a half hour down the road. The lady on the phone acted like I left a diamond ring when I asked for them to please set it aside and I will pick it up when I drive back through town 4 days later. She never called me back but when we stopped they did have my pillow waiting for me, which I appreciated. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We travel quite around the world and when we do Hilton is one of our favorites. However, not this time. We stayed 1 night on our way to Las Vegas. Since it was a business trip we paid by company credit card.
A month later on the Credit Card statement it stated that the hotel charged us twice for the room.
Because I am a Hilton Honors member I contacted them at the end of November 2013 by email attaching the credit card statement page and the invoice. Since that time nothing concrete has happend. The last email from customer services stated that I needed to provide all the pages of the credit card statement with my name on it. Useless to say that my name is not on there since it is a company credit card.
Now I have contacted VISA to mark that second payment as fraudulent.

I would not recommend this hotel because I don´t know if this double charging was intentional or not.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel is relatively new and is in good condition. The staff is more than friendly and well-trained. They were very responsive to my needs. The issue was with the a/c unit. It was either always too hot, or too cold. Either above 75 degrees, or below 66 degrees. The front desk responded to my calls for repair, however the front desk staff is not trained to recalibrate the thermostat, which indicated it needed service. Being right next to the freeway also made for noisy rooms due to traffic noise and the closeness to railroad tracks made for occasional noisy trains. All in all, the stay was "average".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business