“Oasis in Bakersfield”

Add it.
Prairie Fire
Ranked #3 of 20 Nightlife in Bakersfield
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

This bar is a chic yet cozy oasis in the heart of downtown Bakersfield.
The mixologist really knew what he was doing and made up some beautiful cocktails for me.
The prices are fair especially for what your getting.
This is a great place for after work drinks, a catch up with the girls or a romantic date.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Went here on a double date with my sister. Turned out to be a girls gathering with one man (mine)! No matter...we thogoughly enjoyed the environment. Loved the tacos, on Taco Tuesday for $1. Drinks were a little pricey, unless you get the specials, be sure to ask so you don't get a surprise with your bill...lol! All the tables on the patio have a heater, and a live group plays every week. This being the case, the music varies. They offer 4-5 large screen TV's at the bar. The waitress was attentive, and the bus boy never let dishes sit on the table. This is a great little cozy spot to hang out, no matter the event. I also loved the lights which covered the patio.

1  Thank Sapphire2go
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is a great place to come for a few drinks and appetizers on a nice evening. It is made even better when there is live music. It can get a little chilly in early spring, but they have some nice heaters that will warm you up if you can get a table near them. I love ordering one of their specialty drinks. When they took my favorite off the menu, I asked the bartender if he could still make it and he whipped it right up. Great service, great drinks, and great food up here. My suggestion is get here early if you want a nice evening, after dark it becomes quite the little party scene (which I don't mind if I am there for that, but for a quiet evening with my husband I prefer the earlier evening!). :)

Reviewed 26 February 2012

We were lured down to the fire and rooftop bar that we could see from our room. The plan was just to have a drink and then hunt down dinner elsewhere but the staff was so friendly and hardworking and we couldn't imagine abandoning our cozy spot by the raging fire so we ordered an artichoke (yum) a skirt steak n fries (fabulous) and the pork chop stuffed with cheese and other tasty things (actually a fabulous pork loin) and we were glad we stayed!

2  Thank BethAnnSH123
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2011

When I first pulled up to the curb the valet was right at my door so o didn't even have to open it myself! This is a first for Bakersfield to have a valet! I ate at both of the restaurants and they had exprionaly great food! I read the review above mine and was a bit skeptical because I read the review above, I later experienced the REENTRIE line witch was super short seeing that is was not the line you had to wait through to come in the first time. My over all experience was awesome! I would defiantly stay again!

1  Thank crapbag_27