“Good Overnight Stay”

Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Bradford
“Good Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a road trip around the USA, we were driving from Las Vegas to San Francisco and this was the perfect stop about half way. We weren't expecting much due tot he cheap price and some of the reviews but for one night it was adequate, the rooms were clean and they had free wifi! The hotel has free car parking.

We were tired on arrival after a few nights in Vegas and so we went and got a pizza and a couple of beers from nearby (we just seached the satnav/gps) and they were about 5 minutes drive, we ate the pizza in our room and had a good nights sleep.

There was breakfast including and this was in a different building, to our surprise it included a hot buffet with eggs, bacon and sausage. This was more than we were expecting and set up us for the mornings drive.

This is a good hotel for a nights stay.

1 Thank HolidayCaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sheffield, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at this venue during our recent trip down the west coast of the USA and were a little disappointed with this property.
It has great potential but needs a little TLC to bring it back to its former glory. There are limited facilities associated with the property i.e. a lovely pool area but very little shade, seating or the ability to purchase beverages.
The restaurant/bar (Replay) associated with the Hotel appears to be a "white elephant" with poor décor, no atmosphere, too many loud televisions and surprise surprise, no patrons. The anomaly is that the chef is a master and the food is excellent - it's just a shame he has so few to feed! A serious rethink is required to improve the venue.
Despite the negatives, the rooms a neat and clean and you do get value for money (without any frills!)

Mead, Colorado
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The room was so far below the standard that my wife and I have come to trust from the Choice brand that we are seriously considering never booking another stay at a choice hotel! The front door of the room looked like it was involved in a drug bust, the seating at the table inside the room had two chairs with only one of them useable since the other one is stuck behind the night stand. The TV was aged to the point that we would have given it to Goodwill. The top on the toilet was notched out so you could get to the handle to flush it. The front desk staff stated that they're was a full complimentary breakfast at the restaurant next door in the morning, I asked if it was a good place for dinner, since my wife and I were tired from traveling all day..After taking our bags to the room we went next door to the "excellent restaurant", I opened the front door to the most awful stench of a dirty low class bar type joint I have ever encountered in my life! Upon opening the front door, the view is of a guy sitting at the bar and not another sole was in this smelly, dirty, dimly lite joint. To add insult to injury our car was vandalized overnight and it was parked in front of the hotel where there was plenty of light. This hotel and the "excellent Restaurant" next door should be taken out of the Choice brand!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stay here on most trips to Bakersfield (about every 6 weeks) because it is central to my business meeting location. Nice central pool area surrounded by the rooms. The hotel is a bit strange in the layout on the second floor above the lobby but that is just my impression. The rooms have always been clean and I have never had any issues with service.

Two things to note. The location is not the safest (no place really is anymore) so I hide or remove any valuables from my vehicle and this hotel almost always has tour groups staying here from overseas. I like that because I find most of them friendly (they are on vacation so attitudes are good) and often they want information on where they are going which I share when I can.

Over all this has always been a decent, affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: "Pool view" rooms are slightly more expensive than the outer rooms but the amenities are i...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark916
California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel twice. Once on the way to Las Vegas and the other on the way home in order to break up a long drive. We were very happy with our stays.

The rooms are not fancy but were clean, comfortable and had everything that we needed. It is in an industrial area so at night it was quiet an felt safe. We have no complaints other than a slightly loud AC unit but for about $50 a night that is acceptable.

The nice surprise though was the large breakfast buffet. All the scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, coffee that one would want. They made sure that they were well stocked until 9am when the buffet ends. The setting for breakfast is a bit odd-- an old nightclub but it was clean, comfortable and had plenty of space to spread out. We were very pleased with breakfast.

It was also nice that check out was at noon--that extra hour is nice for us who are not morning people.

The one other interesting thing is that there is French written on boards in the hotel and nightclub-- I guess French tourists come through often? Everyone speaks English but I assume that there is some French connection too. We did notice tour busses in the parking lot both times.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DixonCalifornia
Kokkola, Finland
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We booked the hotel room by mobile application just couple hours before we arrived. The hotel was a tricky to find, we missed the right turn so we had to take a long drive to get back (ok, this was our gps's falt). The check in was ok and the staff was friendly and helpfull.

Room was good, it was clean and had a fridge and complimentary coffee maker in there. The complimentary wifi worked quite nicely in the room. The breakfast was served in restaurant in neighbor and it was good. Some cerials, yogurd, oatmeal, eggs...

The pool looked nice but we didnt take a closer look cause there was some kids swimming in there.

We stayed here in June for one night and travelled as two couples.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I could not even check into this hotel despite having a reservation and being a Choice Privileges member.

I had a reservation for the night of 5/25/13 and waited two hours ( no exaggeration) to try and check in to my reserved room followed by trying to cancel and receive a refund. And none of my issues were resolved by managers on site despite patiently waiting those two hours with a three year old.

When I finally reached the counter to check in, the woman at the front desk told me the hotel overbooked, did not have clean rooms for guests and did not have two queen beds, which I had a reservation for. She told me she would appreciate my cancellation so they could accommodate other guests and would get a manager to assist in refunding my room since it was after cancellation period. Two managers were on site and neither assisted me with a refund after waiting an additional hour.

I directly observed other guests in the lobby waiting 1-2 hrs to check-in during the 2 hours I waited for my issues to be resolved.

At 10pm at night, I drove to my final destination 2 hrs away because the hotel could not honor the reservation and could not process the refund.

I do not recommend. WORST hotel experience ever!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family