“Very clean and Nice rooms but not sure about the location!”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel in July 2014. It was a night stop over before we continued driving to our destination. The hotel location is next to this dark club and a industrial area. The staff are nice and the hotel looks old from outside. Once you open the door to the room it is very nice. The bathtub was very greesy and not clean and very small. You have to go to next door dark black club for basic no waffle breakfast. People at breakfast are nice but there is not much breakfast there compare to other choice hotels. It is a hotel close to highway so this is the reason we stayed there. Make sure to return the key our you pay $2.

Room Tip: Try to check in before dark just so you feel more safe!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was a glorious end to a long, long day of driving from Lordsburg, NM to Bakersfield, CA, almost 16 Hours! It was a welcome site to come to an immaculate room and a nice firm, comfortable bed! The staff was great and catered to our every need! Will stay here on the way back home!

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room overlooking the pool. Pool shuts down at 10 and you can hear a pin drop.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I usually always read reviews before booking, but I must have missed this one. The only good thing I can say about this is that the check-in process went well and the man on duty was very friendly. Other than that, ugh. The room smelled - not sure of what but it was not pleasant. We walked over to the "restaurant" next door and it was dark, very loud, and only 2 patrons at the bar. The owner seemed very pleasant, but not a good place to bring a child for dinner. Location is not great. All the other hotels are about a mile down the road in a much better area.

We found a Comfort Inn & Suites a mile down the road which was wonderful - Everything this place was not - and we stayed there. I didn't complain because it was my own fault for not doing more research. I left my keys by the television and figured that was that.

I got home and looked at my statement and there was an additional $2.00 charge on it. I called to see what I possibly could have been charged for - walking in and out of the door? The very unpleasant person at the front desk said it was because the keys were not returned to the front desk as I had to have known since it would have been explained when I checked in. I said it wasn't and he said I signed something agreeing to it. Well, maybe I did, but to be honest, after driving for 7 hours I don't always read all the fine print on a hotel sign-in sheet. Again, my fault, I guess, but he was extremely obnoxious about it.

So ... if you decide to stay here, make sure you return the keys and take room deodorizer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank needavacationplanned
razorrus, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Our hotel considers your feedback extremely valuable. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. None of our guests should be treated rudely, it is unacceptable, and this matter will certainly be addressed.

We are currently in the midst of a variety of changes to improve our guests' experience on every platform. Your feedback will certainly help us get better and we will. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If at any point you wish to give us another opportunity to win your business and loyalty, please feel free to email me directly at: ruswalia@qualityinnbakerfield.com. I assure you that your future visit will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Room was immaculately clean and staff was friendly. Shower had beautiful granite surround. Beds were super comfortable and hotel was quiet at night. Pool was shaped like 3 leaf clover. Pool and hot tub were both clean and warm. I plan on staying here next time I'm in Bakersfield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was in town visiting family and like other reviews, the standard of cleaning was way below par. I had stains on my sheets and when housekeeping came the 3rd day, I was happy to see the beds were neatly made and looking forward to un-stained, fresh linens. NOT! Housekeeping had removed the sheets, turned them inside out, and placed them back on the bed. I knew this because the stain on the lower right side of the bed was now on the upper right side of the bed and the seem was facing out! Housekeeping also didn't restock the coffee, cream and sugar, or cups. Other noteworthy items: dirty carpet, our keycard didn't work the second night, the tub needs drano, and the suitcase rack is falling out of the wall. I mentioned a couple of these items to the night clerk and didn't even get an apology. The next time I come into town I will pay the extra money and stay elsewhere if it means having a clean room and better housekeeping service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Unfortunately, there were several things that were not only wrong with your room, but really unacceptable. I truly apologize for that and assure you these matters have been addressed and corrected.

We are currently in the midst of a variety of changes to improve our guests' experience on every platform. Your feedback will certainly help us get better and we will. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If at any point you wish to give us another opportunity to win your business and loyalty, please feel free to email me directly at: ruswalia@qualityinnbakerfield.com. I assure you that a future visit will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Had a short project in the area, so I looked for an easy freeway access. This place is a dump! If I hadn't arrived at 9 PM I would have cancelled. Dirty carpet, peeling wallpaper and falling plaster.i asked for a non smoking room. I guess that means they remove the ash tray! The bathroom smells like someone just put one out. They advertise free breakfast, looked at the ad again, nope, didn't miss the 'continental' part in the ad. Motel 6 is a better value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

We would like to express that the issues you experienced at our hotel are not only unacceptable, but embarrassing. As a non-smoking hotel, this experience is one we would never want our guests to go through. Please be assured that your feedback has been addressed and we will rectify these problems.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Property was run down, room was just basic, carpet was dirty so we wore socks, about 10 cats were in garbage bin outside of our room, pool and hot tub were not usable. Breakfast was a total joke of mystery eggs, cold cereal ,with warm milk. The rest we did not even look at, we got juice and left to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Here is the best tip to get a good room, go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple