“Friendly, courteous and efficient staff”
Review of Hotel Rosedale

Hotel Rosedale
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Davis, California
“Friendly, courteous and efficient staff”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is my second review. First review was for the staff and giving a shout out about how nice it was to talk by phone with friendly, efficient and professional people. While we were not able to make the trip at the last moment, I still wanted to compliment the staff online.

Second review: On the road back from Pismo thought we'd visit Bakersfield to visit relatives. Last minute idea. Drove into Bakersfield late afternoon and used the "Hotel Tonight" app and Hotel Rosedale popped up. Remembered how nice the staff had been previously so I called and once again, reached someone at the front desk who made the reservation process so easy and fast. "Marina" was nice, efficient and professional It takes so much stress off of one when you need a room fast and end up working with a great person. Thanks! Marina. Checked into the hotel and realized it was the former Red Lion Inn. Hotel Rosedale looks all spruced up. The fresh paint on the outside and beautiful grounds was nice to drive up to. Check in was painless and we were able to meet Marina who was still there working with "Jackie". Both women were smiling when we entered and as nice as could be. Such a nice feeling when you are tired and just want to get to your room. Thanks, Ladies. Room was nice. Beautiful balcony, big too, with two chairs overlooking the grounds/pool. Wish we could have had more time to just sit and have a glass of wine but had to meet relatives. Small refrigerator, microwave...nice touch. Lots of pillows. WONDERFUL bed. King and very comfortable. We have no complaints. Nice place, great staff and we would definitely come back.

Room Tip: If you cannot walk up a short flight of stairs (no elevators), call early and request a ground floor...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UCDavisTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Escondido, California, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I purchased my room through HOTWIRE. Hotwire sold me the room and told me that it did not include "incidentals."

When I checked in, they asked for a credit card for "incidentals." At no time did they tell me that they were going to charge me a "Resort Fee" on my credit card.

When I found the extra charge on my statement, I called to complain. They blamed Hotwire for not telling me of the additional charge, that "We always charge. It is a per night fee."

I double-checked my email confirmation with Hotwire and noted that at no time did they tell me that there was a resort fee or extra parking fee or anything.

when I called Hotwire, they looked up the hotel and noted that "This Hotel does not show that they charge a Resort Fee." they added, "They should have told you when you checked in that they were going to charge you the extra fee."

Yeah, right. As if after I arrived at my hotel, after having PREPAID for the room, I was going to walk out the door over a 10% increase!

This Hotel knows full well that their prepaid customer has committed to staying in their hotel thinking they are going to be paying one price, when in fact, the actual price will be higher. They are actively colluding with Hotwire to deceive customers into thinking they are paying less than they actually are.

I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed_HaleIII

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Whittier, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed here after a long drive, very dated, bed was sub-standard, pillows gave me a neck ache. And last I checked "DO NOT DISTURB" meant DO NOT DISTURB!....I was rudely woke up by housekeeping at 8:00am by LOUD Banging on my door, I still had 4 hours till check out, the do not disturb sign has 5 different languages on it, I can see this person had no knowledge of any of the 5 choices! I will Never stay at this hotel again! The bathroom door had water damage and mold, someone needs to do repairs.

Room Tip: Only stay here if Desperate!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Suzi B
minneapolis
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I liked this hotel despite a bunch of small issues. TV remove didn’t work, food service at restaurant incredibly slow, warm, no hot water one day, etc. These are all hit and miss type items. This place sort of reminds me of a Vegas hotel with all the statues, and incredible pool area, big nicer rooms, etc. It’s not new so, yes the place shows minor wear and tear but still a nicer room that most hotels of this price range. The hotel has a good size bar and grill on site so that’s convenient and it’s not overpriced. Decent food, cold beer and drinks, whatever. It has a decent workout area, 5 or 6 machines. The breakfast is complimentary and pretty much standard fare, waffles, etc., not bad, nothing special. There were maybe 60 people eating, so there was no place to sit. I suspect this was unusual given all the touring buses in the parking lot. I just loved the “feel” of this place because it’s large and open, or maybe I just like the big lions in the yard in front of the pool. The pictures pretty much say it all. Something a little different, non-chain, a little dated but still very well kept up. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms vary dramatically from what I've heard. I had an "inside" room and I thought it...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

This was a good stay the staff was nice the room was cool and I was on a buidness trip so the quiet room was nice. The shower did make a loud noise and so did the toilet but other than that it was a good stay

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Travie61
Oroville, California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Had confirmed reservations and it was almost 20 minutes of waiting to get to my room. Got to the room and you can tell maintenance must be on extended leave. The safety latch on the door is just about ready to fall off, the plate for the latch in the bathroom is missing completely. Was warned after room was booked that the parking lot is a great place to have your car brokreat, now I can worry about that.en into. G

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Grenoble, France
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My fiancé and I spent a night there while traveling to Vegas. We spent several hours on the road from Santa Barbara to Bakersfield with 105 F so as soon as we checked in we jumped in the pool.

The room was quite big, very clean and comfortable. The receptionists were very nice and friendly.
Breakfast was good, we had waffles :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple