“My eyes are burning”

Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Bakersfield
Cupertino, California, USA
“My eyes are burning”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here a year ago and our room was clean. But tonight... though I specifically requested a non-smoking room and got it- the room smells of motel deodorizer and my eyes are burning from old smoke. Unfortunately, my wife hopped right into the shower so it's too late to switch rooms.
From now on I patronize only non- smoking hotels.
I think what happens is that when people request a smoking room and none is available, they take a non- smoking room. Though they don't smoke in the room, their body and clothes reek and it contaminates the room.
Never again.

Room Tip: Request a sniff test.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phoenix
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with very friendly staff the rooms are clean but the beds could be better. The breakfast is nice you get lots of choices but whoever is in charge if setting it up needs a lesson in organization it's not set up very user friendly too much stuff craned in the wrong place. Overall it's a nice place to sleep

• Stayed July 2014
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2014

7-18-14

After a long drive from Reno, NV. It was getting dark and past time to find a Motel. I turned on my GPS and found this DaysInn. It looked very good from the front. After we registered and got our room #226 it did not look so good. The room was big and clean but around the tub faucets there was some BAD patch work. Over near the sink there was more patch work. Windows also needed cleaning. There was an OLD TV that needed to be replaced. Our room had a little porch that you could not sit on as the water drained on it. The room was less than 50 yards from Hwy. 99 with lots of traffic and big trucks running all night.

The area is gated but every time I went out there the gate was open. The hallways were not that Appealing, dirty carpet and patch work walls.

The place has a lot of potential, a little paint and a skilled worker could take care of.

The next morning when taking out my luggage I noticed a man in a van moving from place to place and walking around the cars. I told the girl at the desk. The parking lot is not that well lit. As it is dark in places.

Cap & Virginia

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emry L

Travellers are raving about these Bakersfield hotels

Menifee, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for a month from June 14 to July 14.

This Days Inn seems to offer the best accommodations considering the price. I've stayed at other hotels in Bakersfield, and I keep staying here cause it's priced about the same as Motel 6, but offers nicer rooms.

But that's about it.

* The Wi-Fi was so slow, I had to use my hotspot the entire stay.

* This hotel advertised a fitness room online, but it was closed indefinitely when I got there. They referred us to a In-Shape Fitness center down the street. I went there and negotiated a $60 one-month rate for my wife and I. Then, I went back to Days Inn and asked them to compensate me the $60.00. The manager refused, saying that we are already getting a discounted rate with Days Inn, and they can't compensate any further. So, I wrote to Wyndham Corporate, and told them the whole story, They're sending me a check for $60.00.

* There are tons of kids at this hotel, and they scream. They dirty up the pool. At one point, the pool got so dirty, the hotel had to shut it down until they could sanitize it again.

* There are a lot of bugs in the room due to the landscaping. We also found several caterpillars crawling across the floor, including one that crawled up on our bed. We found a few others that had crawled into our baggage.

* The breakfast is the standard sugary carb (box cereal, donuts, waffles, sweetened juice). No protein.

* The hot water rises and falls too frequently. It literally goes from luke warm to scalding hot. In the shower, I'm constantly readjusting the hot water, and it makes a shower very annoying.

* They overwater the grass in their courtyard, and there's an area where the water remains standing. This produces lots of mosquitoes. We got bit a number of times in the night, and I had to hunt them down and smash them.

* The big kicker. Wyndham wouldn't give me rewards points for my one-month stay, trying to tell me that I used a special rate. HOWEVER, the special rate was offered on their Wyndham Rewards website.

If you plan to say somewhere for an extended period, this is not the place. Pay extra to get more comfort and quiet. If you just want to stay one or two nights, and want to save money, this is still probably your best option.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to front office, with patio facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

When we checked in we asked for a quiet room and were given a large room at the back of the property. Room was large and clean. Balcony however was filthy. Turned out HWY 99 was just yards from our room and the noise kept us awake all night. Even with earplugs. The check in agent must have known this wasn't a quiet room so why assign it to 2 elderly people? The property is not in keeping with the Days Inn properties we have used many times. Not up to the Wyndam standard. Hallways dirty and dark. Lobby nice and clean and free breakfast was okay with waffles, donuts, dry cereals, instant cereals, coffee, juice, tea,and oranges. Courtyard around pool was cleaner than the rest of the place. Quite a few fast food places close by. Property used by several work crews who stay full time

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Patrick and Mer... C
County Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The receptionist at check it was fantastic, she was so nice, unfortunately for there it was all downhill. The room and fittings are badly in need of updating, there were 2 coach parties staying so noise levels we a little high. Breakfast was a nightmare, the selection was poor there was no hot option and with the 2 coach parties I barely got a coffee or a Danish. The staff at checkout were the most rude and ignorant I have ever met. No hello or greeting even after I had given one, then I was TOLD to sign the bill I couldn't even view it no goodbye or how was your stay, a total opposite to the lady on the previous night. Taking all that into account if your looking for a one night stop go elsewhere as this place have far too many negatives.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick J
Lancaster, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was a decent hotel. Make sure you get a room facing the terrace. We had a room which the porch was facing the bowling alley and it was just terrible. It wasn't so bad on Thursday night but on Friday the noise from loud partiers and music bumping from cars was just terrible. The room was clean although the bed comforter was a bit itchy. I think it was just the material. The rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves which we were used to at the hotel across the street, the Rodeway Inn. The pool is much bigger and nicer at the Days and the breakfast is much better too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family